Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2021, 14:01   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I see Skoda has toned down the looks. From sporty to family sedan I don't find this appealing. The color looks good, thanks to good lighting. I liked Octavia for its aggressive looks, but not this one. May be the RS would look better.
I second your thought, this looks very mediocre. I will be in market for a new car soon, and will probably settle for SUV/Crossover, this is the only Sedan that might change my decision, I hope it looks much better in person.

Other then that seems to be loaded with features, and I hope the top end model does come with all the bells and whistles. The other missing bit that is still not clear, if it will get a sunroof or not, I am personally not a fan of Sunroof, but it is a non negotiable feature by the kiddo and wife.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 14:38   #107
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
That car looks absolutely stunning in that black shade! Oh man, if looks could kill!

This is one car in which every generation looks so gorgeous, that I cannot simply pick the "best looking" of them all! Each generation's design has a bit of unique-ness, and makes a different statement.

Yes. Absolutely love the new one. Can't understand people saying that it is looking worse.
nidhikapoor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 15:16   #108
BHPian

To me, this is the best looking Skoda Octavia design ever and looks sportier than before. I had been worried if I will ever see a proper replacement for my 2006 Civic. Now I see a worthy contender.
jayguar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 16:09   #109
BHPian

Thats a lovely shade of blue, but personally not a fan of the new design. The front fascia looks a bit wierd, and I dont know if im the only one feeling this, but is anyone getting hyundai vibes looking at the rear end? No ? Just me?

Last edited by windrider : 7th April 2021 at 16:11. Reason: Grammar
Old 7th April 2021, 16:26   #110
BHPian

Sounds good. Even the 1.5 turbo petrol belts out a meaty 148bhp. The only issue is the Skoda dual clutch auto transmission, as it is not the most reliable (my opinion and readings). They should bring back L&K variant with an extended sunroof.

Regards,
Rohan
Old 7th April 2021, 21:09   #111
BHPian

I wish Skoda brings Rider varient with 2.0L TSI + DQ381 gearbox with basic features at 19.99L ex showroom. That will be like dream come to for a customer like me. This will be most powerful cheapest available car in the market if they do so.
Kashi053 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 22:22   #112
BHPian

The 4th Gen. Octavia is no doubt an amazing overall package, both in terms of technological innovation and design.

If I compare it to my 1.8 TSI L&K model that I bought in Jan. 2020, the immediate upgrades that are appealing are:
> The elegant & inviting 2 spoke sporty steering wheel with metal rollers on the sides.
> The floating touch screen panel
> Luxurious interiors which look to be a notch above the 3rd Generation.
> The use of shift by wire gearbox technology mated to the Wet clutch DQ381 DSG
> 10 Extra horses under the hood.
> The convenience of an electric parking brake . (This is one feature I wish the 3rd Gen. facelift had)
> the rear tail light design.

If I was asked whether there was anything I didn't like about the car, it would be the front fascia as that would take some getting used to. The quad lamp set up in the phased out model with the split DRL's look much sharper and gives the car a distinctive identity & makes it stand apart from the clutter. That design is definitely more edgy.

In terms of price the Ex showroom price was 23.59 L when I bought it in Jan. last year. Since then the rupee has depreciated by about 5-6%, so that would add about 1.3L plus all the upgrades may be valued at about another 2.5 L. So for the L&K model one can expect a ex-showroom price of about 27.5 -28 L, thus translating in to a price of 32-35 Lacs depending on which state you reside in.

But this is one car which which has the potential to take buyers away from the German luxury trio & possibly the S60. It offers just about everything those cars offer at literally a third or 40% lower price. So cheers to all those waiting for this sporty & elegant sedan and hope you get your hands on one soon.

Last edited by Timothy : 7th April 2021 at 22:47.
Timothy is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 01:09   #113
Team-BHP Support

Just a small note. Those expecting the Octavia which will mostly be close to 30L on road to have a sun roof will be disappointed.

From the pics above as well as the international specs, there is no sunroof on the sedan. You only get sunroof as add on in the Estate. No ways to spec the sedan with sun roof.

Not a big miss for someone who doesn't want one but majority today expect and want one.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 04:47   #114
BHPian

Love the clean look, the black and blue are stunning, clean design + fancy alloys = yes for me.

I wish the interiors were black and looks like it wont have panaromic sunroof, was big fan of the alcantara black interiors of superb sportline.

If sunroof was a cost cutting, i think it is a poor decision that would hurt its sales. If one us shelling 28L a sunroof is must as a luxury feature imo.
Old 8th April 2021, 07:13   #115
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Very few use the sunroof and it seems an extra source of potential issues. If they did not put on a sun-roof, it would have helped them price it lower, that would have made sense to me.

MOD NOTE - Please proof read your posts before submitting them. Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 8th April 2021 at 08:39. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 8th April 2021, 10:05   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
> The elegant & inviting 2 spoke sporty steering wheel with metal rollers on the sides.
> The floating touch screen panel
> Luxurious interiors which look to be a notch above the 3rd Generation.
> The use of shift by wire gearbox technology mated to the Wet clutch DQ381 DSG
> 10 Extra horses under the hood.
> The convenience of an electric parking brake . (This is one feature I wish the 3rd Gen. facelift had)
> the rear tail light design.
You summed it up very nicely Timothy. But missed the torque figure which is a major differentiator. 250NM vs 320NM. Also older DQ200 torque threshold is ~250NM and hence no more mod potential.
Kashi053 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 11:53   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Not a big miss for someone who doesn't want one but majority today expect and want one.
Personally, this is sort of a bummber for me. Its not a deal breaker but I would've loved to have had the option.
Old 8th April 2021, 11:54   #118

I can't wait to give this car a test drive! The wait to upgrade my 2013 Polo Highline slowly but surely seems to be coming to an end with a choice between the new Octavia or the new Tiguan.
Old 8th April 2021, 12:03   #119
BHPian

I, for one, liked the current gen Octavia front fascia than this upcoming one - looks sedate and boring. The chrome border is gaudy - maybe a blackened one will slightly enhance the looks. But, hey! Looks are subjective. The current one with the split headlights and the previous one look sharper and menacing than this upcoming one. I might call up the Chennai dealer to check if they have the current gen one in 1.8 TSI. Else, will pass this up and look up at T-roc or Jeep. So much for waiting for the next gen Octavia only to see a mid-forties looking front. The rear is absolutely stunning though.
gigatech2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 12:27   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigatech2006 View Post
The current one with the split headlights and the previous one look sharper and menacing than this upcoming one. I might call up the Chennai dealer to check if they have the current gen one in 1.8 TSI. Else, will pass this up and look up at T-roc or Jeep.
Hey Gigatech, the RS245 with the old fascia is available at Rs.8 lacs discount. There are very limited pieces left so hurry and you might be able to grab one. Cheers !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks