Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2021, 21:19   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
It's actually good, not to have this "sunroof". Most of the current gen Octavia owners having sunroof versions will vouch that though it is beautiful, the amount of rattling and wierd noises it keeps making and replacements done under warranty or reaching a Zen stage of starting to ignore the call for attention, it is not worth having it in the car costing nearby 28 lacs.
I am hoping the refined or tweaked MQB platform would have fixed this issue. Skoda REALLY got flamed globally for this.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 31st March 2021 at 10:17. Reason: Quoted Post edited.
Old 31st March 2021, 07:51   #92
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Our forum rules do NOT permit short-forms or acronyms to be used when referring to cars. Among other things, it makes search more difficult. Please refer to this car as the Octavia only, and NOT Octy. Thanks for the support & understanding
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 09:00   #93
BHPian

Somewhat sobering & underwhelming review of the 2021 Skoda Octavia.

What's particularly interesting is the range of engines that it is being offered with in Europe; entry level engine is the 1 ltr TSI with 110PS (yes, the same one that we get in the VW Polo & Skoda Rapid), 1.5 ltr TSI with 150PS (most likely to be offered in India), a 1 ltr TSI (Mild Hybrid) & 2 ltr TDI with 116 PS (this could be a distant possibility). The transmissions offered are 6-speed manual & 7 speed DSG.

Old 31st March 2021, 09:20   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Arya View Post

What's particularly interesting is the range of engines that it is being offered with in Europe; entry level engine is the 1 ltr TSI with 110PS (yes, the same one that we get in the VW Polo & Skoda Rapid), 1.5 ltr TSI with 150PS (most likely to be offered in India), a 1 ltr TSI (Mild Hybrid) & 2 ltr TDI with 116 PS (this could be a distant possibility). The transmissions offered are 6-speed manual & 7 speed DSG.
It is coming to India with 2L TSI. Has been announced several times.
TokyoDrifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 09:48   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
It is coming to India with 2L TSI. Has been announced several times.
Correct! In India, the upcoming VW Virtus & Skoda Slavia will get the 1.5TSI while the Octavia will launch with the 2.0TSI. The Octavia 1.5TSI may follow, but I doubt whether Skoda will risk diluting the Octavia brand especially when the Slavia is almost the same size.

As for the TDIs, VAG is still on the fence about reintroducing the 2.0TDI, due to worries about future NGT diesel-ban rulings + potential DPF issues with our mixed quality diesel and shorter urban cycles. I also understand VAG is keen to pass on the R&D cost to customers, which could make the TDIs substantially more expensive than TSIs.

Net net, great times for 'Euro-sedan' lovers. No one will miss the missing Civic / Sonata or the ailing Elantra. Kia can of course get that yummy K5 Optima as a CKD: https://www.kia.com/us/en/k5
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 12:14   #96
Senior - BHPian

Skoda India has commenced production of the new Octavia ahead of its launch later this month; first unit has rolled off the carmaker's production facility in Aurangabad.

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-20210406_121626.jpg

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-20210406_121630.jpg

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-20210406_122315.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 6th April 2021 at 12:27.
Venkatesh is offline   (58) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 14:24   #97
BHPian

I never thought I'd buy a car that is any color other than black, grey or silver. Looking at this blue shade, I am seriously considering it if it were made available in a cheaper Skoda like Kushaq or Rapid!

Off topic - Where is the spell checker? Is it part of my browser or is it part of team-bhp? If it is the latter, can its dictionary be updated to include car make and models? It is underlining the Kushaq...

Last edited by sramanat : 6th April 2021 at 14:26. Reason: added spell check observation
sramanat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 14:48   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Indeed the Octavia has gotten progressively wonkier looking.
Personally I find it more and more difficult to admire the Octavia every generation
Maky is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 16:24   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why have they branded Laura as second gen Octavia? Or am I missing something?
giri1.8 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 16:27   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Why have they branded Laura as second gen Octavia? Or am I missing something?
Laura (the one pictured here) was indeed the second gen Octavia globally. Only for India it was renamed as Laura. Then with the 3rd gen model, Octavia name was back again.

p.s- In India, Laura nameplate was first seen in 2006, that car was a facelifted version of the gen 1 Octavia. Then in 2009, new Laura was launched, which in reality was the gen 2 Octavia.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 6th April 2021 at 16:43.
chiranjitp is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 16:30   #101
BHPian

Quote:
The original one can still hold it's own! I still have such fond memories of the white one that we had - that addictive turbo kicking in used to bring an ear to ear smile always!
reppy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 17:04   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
In India, Laura nameplate was first seen in 2006, that car was a facelifted version of the gen 1 Octavia. Then in 2009, new Laura was launched, which in reality was the gen 2 Octavia.
A slight correction…
The gen 1 facelift you're referring to was actually the gen 2. And the gen 2 (seen here) that you're referring to was actually the facelift of the gen 2
batladanny is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 17:31   #103
BHPian

What a beauty! I was thinking of upgrading to a Fortuner from my Hexa. Maybe I will pick this up and keep the Hexa. Stunner in that blue shade!
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 10:19   #104
BHPian

Quote:
That car looks absolutely stunning in that black shade! Oh man, if looks could kill!

This is one car in which every generation looks so gorgeous, that I cannot simply pick the "best looking" of them all! Each generation's design has a bit of unique-ness, and makes a different statement. Even today, give me a 1st gen or a 4rh gen Octavia, and I would happily spend the entire day drooling over the looks.

The Octavia is definitely that car which you buy when you have absolutely no intention of buying a car, just walked into the showroom with slippers & lounge pants to check out the car, maybe take the car out for a short spin, but you return after you have made a booking
So for me, I would not visit the showroom after this car is launched, else my family members wouldn't let me enter the house.
Big Smoke is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 11:05   #105
Senior - BHPian

I see Skoda has toned down the looks. From sporty to family sedan I don't find this appealing. The color looks good, thanks to good lighting. I liked Octavia for its aggressive looks, but not this one. May be the RS would look better.
PrideRed is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks