Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2021, 15:51   #151
BHPian

Re: Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhikapoor View Post
The kodiak as well as all the volvos have radars.
The government now allows some frequency bands for short range radar use - I think some manufacturers got lucky in that regard as the open bands matched the ones they were using (or required minimal tweaking!). If the Kodiaq got it, then there is hope for Octavia!

Last edited by reppy : 12th April 2021 at 15:52.
reppy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 16:10   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
The government now allows some frequency bands for short range radar use - I think some manufacturers got lucky in that regard as the open bands matched the ones they were using (or required minimal tweaking!). If the Kodiaq got it, then there is hope for Octavia!
This shows adaptive cruise control in the kodiaq. Can someone's who has it confirm? This is from the Indian website too.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-screenshot_20210412160830_chrome.jpg  

Old 12th April 2021, 16:19   #153
BHPian

So are we sure this will come with the 2.0 TSI? Because I was of the opinion they would launch it with the 1.5 TSI, in order to have clear segmentation between the Rapid (1.0), the Octavia (1.5) and the Superb (2.0). To be honest, the 2.0 TSI is so good that it can even cannibalize the sales of the VRS.

That being said, I hope Skoda prices this correctly, hoping for the base automatic variant to come in at the 20L mark, as my 07 Civic is begging for an upgrade now.

Last edited by GTO : 13th April 2021 at 07:26. Reason: Poorly Typed Post
Old 12th April 2021, 17:37   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

4th-gen Skoda Octavia reaches dealerships!

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-zwskodaoctaviadealer1_720x540.jpg

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-1.jpg

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-2.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 19:58   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Attachment 2143745

Attachment 2143746

Attachment 2143747

Link
Wow! Such a looker. The VW-Audi family characteristics are so pronounced in the side profile. The rims are striking but not as per my liking.
Old 12th April 2021, 21:06   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Attachment 2143745
By God these alloys look just horrendous! They could've chosen a more mature design for production-spec cars and these wheels should have been limited to concept/preview only.

These kind of designs also don't gel well with minimalistic and simple car designs VW-Skoda.
TwerkyC0ffee is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 22:00   #157
BHPian

Agree with the comments about the alloys. Look far too flashy for an otherwise stately, regal sedan. Hopefully they don’t look too garish in the flesh.

Am also concerned about the weird looking gear setup. Will need some getting used to I reckon.
RoadTrippin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 06:39   #158
BHPian

Yes, the alloys look horrendous. Possible the worst wheels I have seen. Ever.

The gear looks cool though.
Old 13th April 2021, 10:10   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhikapoor View Post
Auto parking is really not much value for 'me'. I am DESPERATE for adaptive cc, and lane assist and emergency braking.

If they don't give this, the only other option will be the xc60. Xc40 has but a bit small.

Any other options that you guys can think of? Want to buy a hatch, notch or suv. Not a sedan.

Maybe the new kodiaq?
I have been following the Octavia launch and have similar requirements as yours. My time with Tesla Model 3 made me realise what luxury self driving tech is. I hope to get Comma Two, an open source self driving add on when I get my Octavia. This seems like it will be capable enough to do ACC on roads.
NirDiwakar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 11:03   #160
BHPian

Just had a word with Skoda dealer and he is suggesting that announcement will be made after 25th April. He said 2 engine option of 1.5 and 2.0 will be made available with price expectation between 20-25L and 25-30L OTR respectively for both engines.
vineet1712 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 16:41   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet1712 View Post
Just had a word with Skoda dealer and he is suggesting that announcement will be made after 25th April. He said 2 engine option of 1.5 and 2.0 will be made available with price expectation between 20-25L and 25-30L OTR respectively for both engines.
Excellent. My dealer also just called to confirm that both engine options are going to be available. Said he expects some delay to the launch due to the escalating covid situation.

Very excited about there being two engine options. Not convinced I need the 2.0 litre engine with the superior power output. Given the 120kmph warning chime I’m certain I’m going to be well under it pretty much all the time, so probably quite happy with the 1.5 TSI which has a similar power output to my current 2.0 TDI on the Jetta.
RoadTrippin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 17:31   #162
BHPian

They may offer all the goodies only in the 2 litre version.
Old 13th April 2021, 17:38   #163
VRJ
BHPian

Lovely car the Octavia is. I’ve been a fan of every generation of it. I guess around 2006-07, when I was in my 7th grade, my father purchased an apartment from his builder friend who had a white Octavia. Whenever he came home, I used to literally stare at her and admire her. They were very rare back in the day. Always dreamt of owning one since childhood. However, not in the market for a sedan. We have fantastic roads here in Vizag, but dad needs a car with easy ingress and egress. Eagerly waiting for the Kushaq.

I really like the interiors of the new Octavia. It’s soo classy like how the Octavia should be. Exteriors are top notch too. However, two things I’m not sure and I’ll reserve my judgement until I see her outside. One is the front grille. It’s a bit lower than usual. Looks like a frog, lol. The second is the alloys. Good looking ones, but not sure if they’re a good fit to the brand ‘Octavia’.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
Excellent. My dealer also just called to confirm that both engine options are going to be available.

Not convinced I need the 2.0 litre engine with the superior power output. Given the 120kmph warning chime I’m certain I’m going to be well under it pretty much all the time, so probably quite happy with the 1.5 TSI which has a similar power output to my current 2.0 TDI on the Jetta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet1712 View Post
He said 2 engine option of 1.5 and 2.0 will be made available with price expectation between 20-25L and 25-30L OTR respectively for both engines.
I think the key question here is whether Skoda will bring in the automatic with the 1.5TSI. The availability of the two engines doesn’t come as a surprise as the previous one had two petrols (1.4 and 1.8) and a 2.0 Diesel engine on offer. The 1.4 only came in with a manual only. I love manuals, but with rising traffic, it’s a big no. The 1.4 did not even come in the high end trim. Skoda probably did this to push people to spend more money to purchase the 1.8TSI.

A brilliant move from Skoda would be is to release a 1.5TSI with DSG DQ200 (hopefully the L&K or other fully loaded trim name and reserve the L&K name for the 2.0TSI) at around 25L on road and 30L for the 2.0TSI with the DSG DQ381. If they can price the Kushaq with a 1.5TSI with DSG below 20L, I’m guessing they can launch a CKD Octavia with the same engine and tranny for around 25L. Give the people the option. Not everyone requires 190BHP to do office commutes. A 1.5 would be easier on the pocket regarding fuel and maintenance. I don’t think there’s another car below 25L that can match the build quality of a CKD Skoda. Skoda used to sell an average of around 250-300 units of the Octavia per month before BS6. I think they can double volumes if they bring out the combination I’ve mentioned above. I’m just hoping Skoda doesn’t price the 1.5TSI DSG at 27-28L and the 2.0TSI DSG at 32-33L on road. Wouldn’t be surprised if they did, but that would be a bad move. I so want Skoda to do well.

A hybrid would have made more sense seeing how the government continues to levy ludicrous taxes on fuel. However, the Octavia and the Superb Hybrid aren’t coming to India. At least not in 2021. I tweeted to Zac Hollis and asked him about the hybrids and he said they have no plans of launching them here. I wish they at least got the Superb hybrid though.

Cheers!
VRJ is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 21:29   #164
BHPian

I have currently booked Creta top end diesel AT but since I have always wanted an Octavia there is no valid reason not consider it and just for octavia I would consider going for petrol but my main concern is that would there be any automatic variant of coming under 21 lakhs ?
I have been driving a manual and I have no problem driving it but we generally keep our cars for 7-8 years and it would make more sense to get an automatic.
Old 14th April 2021, 12:01   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
I have currently booked Creta top end diesel AT but since I have always wanted an Octavia there is no valid reason not consider it and just for octavia I would consider going for petrol but my main concern is that would there be any automatic variant of coming under 21 lakhs ?
I have been driving a manual and I have no problem driving it but we generally keep our cars for 7-8 years and it would make more sense to get an automatic.
I don’t think even 1.5 automatic will come at 21L OTR .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks