Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2021, 18:22   #1
Senior - BHPian

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India

Mod Note: Our Skoda Octavia Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

The launch of the fourth generation Skoda Octavia is just around the corner. In fact, the carmaker has kicked-off pre-launch activities with a private unveiling of the car.

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-1-1.jpg

Skoda Octavia exterior & interior

The fourth generation Octavia retains its notchback design, where the rear windshield is attached to the boot lid. Accessing the luggage compartment is a lot easier with this design.

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-1-2.jpg

The overall styling of the car is an evolution of its predecessor. It carries over the crisp lines and adds a sharper looking front fascia. The single frame Skoda grille has been slightly tweaked, while the LED headlights add a sleek look.

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-1-7.jpg

The rear of the car features new L-shaped tail lamp clusters. Just like other models in the Skoda range, the round logo on the boot lid has been replaced with the Skoda lettering. The Laurin & Klement variant seen in these images comes with smart looking alloy wheels.

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-108573d87458484b9009b4b6701f2589.jpg

Step inside and you're greeted with a modern and contemporary interior. The centre console houses a floating touchscreen infotainment head-unit, while the gearshift lever has been replaced with a toggle switch. The new 2-spoke steering wheel looks sporty yet elegant. Besides, the conventional instrument binnacle has also been replaced with a digital screen.

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-1-6.jpg

Skoda Octavia engine options

In India, customers are likely to get a choice of two turbo petrol engines. These include a 1.5-litre TSI paired with a 6-speed manual transmission and a 2.0-litre TSI which could be offered with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-759e826cf512401880e108aa2cfe9060.jpg

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-d1f8fcaa7a9540c8bb6f1e655b5759ea.jpg

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 9th June 2021 at 13:11. Reason: Adding link to review
TusharK is offline   (102) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 18:58   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India

The only car that can save the dying D-segment sedans, looks really sharp and catchy in this Lava Blue! The alloy wheel styling is just next level . Price it right and Skoda has another winner!
CEF_Beasts is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 19:09   #3
BHPian

I feel they have over done the grill facia. It is too wide and gauche.

Why the toggle switch idea? What purpose will that serve? What happens to people like me who prefer driving with one hand on the gear lever all the time?

Lastly, I hope this is also made here and localised so that the prices are low. It certainly will not start below 19.99L is my feeling.
travelwriter is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 20:21   #4
BHPian

This is one car that is making me rethink about my decision of getting an SUV as my next car. Looks great, comes loaded and the 2L + DSG must be insanely fun. Looking forward to test drive this in April/May
Shreyas_H is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 20:30   #5
BHPian

Beautiful and absolutely drool worthy. The best D1 sedan hands down. Love the styling, love the 2.0 tsi and love the spacious and luxurious interiors. Hope the 2.0 tsi comes with a manual gearbox too. This is probably the lightest car to come with that engine. Even 1.8 tsi of previous generation was explosive. This one with 320 NM torque will take performance to next level. Eagerly awaiting it's launch.
DonHyd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 20:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Name:  06D6C87C13264D6B907CFE8A9C09B95C.png
Views: 24359
Size:  466.3 KB

Is this design about “Form over Function”?

‘P’ button at the top - electronic parking brake or the parking mode switch?

Toggle gear switch in center - looks like it is meant to move longitudinally between ‘R’ and ‘D/S’. How do you move this toggle switch latitudinally, to shift to Manual / Tiptronic mode (assuming there is one in this setup)?
JoshMachine is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 21:27   #7
BHPian

Really love the exterior of this car, if I had to describe it in a word it would be 'classy'. The rims especially are drop-dead gorgeous

The interior for me is a massive miss though. The steering wheel as stated by other BHPians might not be as pragmatic as the current unit and the gear shifter too isn't as tactile as I would like it to be. The ICE too seems to be a bit out of place especially given the fact that the Indian market is filled with the likes of Kia Seltos and Hyundai Creta which have absolutely amazing ICE as compared to this (strictly judging from the looks of it). I wish Skoda would have paid a little more attention to the car internally too. An ICE like the one the newest Superb too would be something that is adequate.
Old 20th March 2021, 21:52   #8

This will indeed lit up the D-segment sedan space again. The alloy wheels are more India-specific and I am kinda sure that Skoda will link the design with some Indian element to get more attention. Nonetheless, this looks absolutely smashing and 2.0L + DSG will be a lovely combination. If Skoda prices it sanely, they have a winner in hand! Ride-by-wire will also be the segment-first feature along with tri-zone climate control!
Power Craver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 22:37   #9
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Have heard in a couple of interviews involving Zac that Skoda is running some tests on the diesel engines and may bring it back for their bigger cars.

I really hope that the Octavia receives the 2.0 TDi as well. The Octavia is big enough and it does receive the 2.0 TDi in many international markets as well.

My only grouse other than the lack of a diesel is the 2 spoke steering. Hated it in the previous gen S-Class as well.

The design is truly awesome, especially the exterior. Those alloys look drool worthy. You rarely see such alloys in a VAG product.

Last edited by AYP : 20th March 2021 at 22:39.
AYP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 23:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Is this design about “Form over Function”?

‘P’ button at the top - electronic parking brake or the parking mode switch?

Toggle gear switch in center - looks like it is meant to move longitudinally between ‘R’ and ‘D/S’. How do you move this toggle switch latitudinally, to shift to Manual / Tiptronic mode (assuming there is one in this setup)?
Hope this video gives some clarity.

el lobo 6061 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 23:19   #11
Team-BHP Support

Fingers crossed for the 2L TSI + 7 speed wet clutch DSG + Multilink. Will be a brilliant option if the above comes true.
Vid6639 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 01:03   #12
BHPian

Though I know it’s absolutely useless future in Indian climate conditions but where is Sunroof? If it’s not there that’s a bummer as even cars costing 10 lakhs nowadays come with a sunroof!
Old 21st March 2021, 01:12   #13
Team-BHP Support

Skoda is a master at neutral but imposing looking designs. Will save my vote on the looks of the Octavia till I see one in person, however I"m not expecting it to be a head turner by a long shot. Meanwhile I am waiting to see if we get the ventilated seats, heads up display and sunroof amongst the other features available on first edition Octavia available in the UK.
manson is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 08:09   #14
BHPian

Octavia has always had great designs across generations & this latest one looks fantastic! Although the grill seems a bit too large, but may look better in person than on pics. In a sea of crossovers & wannabe SUV’s this will be a refreshing change. Hopefully it revives the D segment sedans & in turn we get more options. Not all of us want a boxy tall SUV Going by the latest product portfolios I hope manufacturers don’t kill the sedans entirely.

If priced right, this should be the segment leader hands down. The interiors as expected from Skoda look really plush, I’m digging the virtual cockpit & two spoke steering design

Can’t wait to test drive this beauty of a machine.

Last edited by suhas_raj : 21st March 2021 at 08:23.
suhas_raj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 08:12   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Fingers crossed for the 2L TSI + 7 speed wet clutch DSG + Multilink. Will be a brilliant option if the above comes true.
Agree. More BMW than BMW now .

Awful aerodynamic alloys though. Replace when a snazzy set of 18" alloys & wider 225s, and you're set. 187bhp tune is now than enough for now and a easy remap after standard warranty expires.

Now I know why Honda pulled the Civic. Hyundai may as well retire the Elantra too!

Last edited by itwasntme : 21st March 2021 at 08:15.
itwasntme is online now   (13) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks