Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2021, 16:24   #16
BHPian

re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

While key features were highlighted, I wonder if they did not consider Cruise Control to be important to mention ! Does it mean its not there ? There seems to be no sunroof option as well. Nonetheless it looks like it will be a well made and well featured car.
tristis2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:25   #17
BHPian

In my opinion Skoda should understand it's playing in the Sonet-Venue-Kiger-Magnite segment and not the Creta Seltos Segment. If it gets that wrong, I think it's quite straightforward.

All the best Skoda - Commercial value is everything, Skoda After Sales doesn't help the market either, does it?
MartinVirage is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:26   #18

Quite shocked to learn about the DSG being DQ200. Isn't this the same gearbox from Octavia Petrol that GTO will never touch?
sj_car_boy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:26   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
What is width and length of the car? I could see height.
Here's your answer! It was just posted a couple of... messages ago. Thank you, EightSix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightSix View Post
The Škoda Kushaq has been unveiled globally.

Dimensions = 4225mm x 1760mm x 1612mm
GC=188mm
kung_foo_fanta is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

The mention that specifically caught my eye was the 7 speed DSG gearbox DQ200 for the 1.5ltr engine. Isn’t this the infamous gearbox that has time and again given grief to Skoda customers & to Skoda, in India?

Or is that a different gearbox and I’m wrong?

Other features seem good; ventilated front seats, wireless charging, small sunroof and ambient lighting, all fancy gadgetry customers of today look for. Boot space of 385ltrs, isn’t particularly overwhelming, considering this compact SUV was or is pitched again Creta, Seltos, etc..
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:27   #21
BHPian

I hope I heard it right that the HVAC is a touch screen unit, isn't the last generation city having the same and Honda reverted back to traditional knob type system with the latest iteration. A feature which is definitely not in the list of most desirable ones.

A lesson that was easy to learn from others mistakes.
Brumby is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

Seems like a very good product, very good set of features. There was no mention of cruise control or paddle shifters. Hope 1.5 DSG top end would be priced below Creta DCT.

The dimensions are Creta like, glad that it is taller than Kamiq and close to Creta.

The boot space of 380 L still seems like a deal breaker. Hope the boot dimensions are usable as I was looking for atleast 400 L.

I will mostly go for 1.5 DSG. Waiting for the display vehicles, price announcement and media drives.

Great product Skoda. Get the sales and service experience also in order and Koreans will feel the heat.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 18th March 2021 at 16:28.
PatienceWins is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:30   #23
BHPian

I think Skoda has ticked all the right boxes and also future proofed the product by offering USB type C, wireless charging, wireless apple carplay and android auto. I cant think of a feature which they missed out, it even includes ventilated seats. Interesting they left out the popular yet completely pointless panoramic glass roof.

Looks like the driver display is traditional one which can be considered as a feature they missed which could have added value.

Most likely Panoramic glass roof and virtual driver display they have left for the VW Taigun to show differentiation. Taigun most likely wont have ventilated seats too.

Overall as perfect of a package it can be. Hopefully it drives as good as it looks, cant wait for a test drive.
SBM3J is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq interior pictures with six speed manual and amount of space in the rear

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-20210318_162751.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-20210318_162755.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 18th March 2021 at 16:37.
Venkatesh is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:31   #25
BHPian

We will have to wait and see how they distribute features across variants and the pricing they put. I hope they go all guns blazing like kia did with Seltos except that skoda doesn’t have a diesel engine option. But with two engines and two gearbox options for each, things can turn spicy. I really wish they price it aggressively. Enough of this duopoly from seltos-creta siblings. ��
chintu_91 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:31   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Length is 4225 mm and width is 1760 mm, if i remember correctly from the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
While key features were highlighted, I wonder if they did not consider Cruise Control to be important to mention ! Does it mean its not there ? There seems to be no sunroof option as well. Nonetheless it looks like it will be a well made and well featured car.
It is there man, with so many hosts of features they just didn't mention it. There's a normal sunroof, not panoramic.

Last edited by GTO : 19th March 2021 at 07:21. Reason: Correcting figures :)
yesyeswe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:31   #27
BHPian

Does anyone else find the front grille ugly?
It looks so graceful and classy in Octavia, but over here the word that comes to mind is grotesque.
yosbert is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:32   #28
BHPian

I really wish Skoda and Volkswagen to achieve success starting from this product.

Pros:
Looks decent compared to the ugly Hyundai Creta. That said, the front grill could have been better.
1.5 L engine with 250nm torque sounds delicious
Black interiors

Cons:
385L boot space. This is a huge bummer. Isn't the sub 4m Magnite has 400L boot space ?
They should have Blue and black exterior colours
No one will buy an orange colour car. I don't know why they bother with that colour. It's a rare one on the road.

General observations:
I find the steering wheel fine
I don't care about lack of the panoramic roof. This makes the car even more safe.

Seeing this launch and comments in TBHP, makes me grin ear to ear, jumping with joy and pestering my wife to buy this. Even though I don't have any urgent need to buy new one or replace my current car. I am behaving like a child.

Last edited by amvj : 18th March 2021 at 16:53. Reason: Added more info
amvj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:32   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post

Other features seem good; ventilated front seats, wireless charging, small sunroof and ambient lighting, all fancy gadgetry customers of today look for. Boot space of 385ltrs, isn’t particularly overwhelming, considering this compact SUV was or is pitched again Creta, Seltos, etc..
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Seems like a very good product, very good set of features. Hope 1.5 DSG top end would be priced below Creta DCT.

The dimensions are Creta like, glad that it is taller than Kamiq and close to Creta.

The boot space of 380 L. Hope the boot dimensions are usable as I was looking for atleast 400 L.
If you notice, Skoda has used the words "Useable boot space". which means that you will get almost the full 385 L for use below the parcel shelf. The Spare wheel has a proper wheel well in which the spare wheel is fully recessed. They have even saved some space in the cabin/ boot by using the spare wheel space for mounting the Subwoofer.
In many cars (If you would have seen my thread on Boot space measurements - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...-your-car.html (Measuring the actual boot capacity of your car)) the boot space is mentioned incorrectly as they consider the space also occupied by the spare wheel also as part of the boot space value quoted - including the Jeep Compass, the Seltos, the Creta and even the Karoq. I have taken physical measurements of many of these cars and shared on that thread.
I guess while the Boot space is not massive (Like a sedan) it will be comparable to most CSUVs.

Its a good thing that Skoda has given weightage to safety features and that should be Skoda's USP apart from ride quality and fuel efficiency, but we will only come to know once the media drive reviews start!

Last edited by Behemoth : 18th March 2021 at 16:40.
Behemoth is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:32   #30
BHPian

Come on Skoda, just get a 5 star GNCAP rating for this car at the launch itself. If there's a variant with 1.5 TSI + Manual at approx. Rs. 14-15L OTR here and a 5* GNCAP, shut up and take my money!

Loved the red color. 1.0 TSI is already my favorite engine (amongst the ones I can afford), and the feature list is quite comprehensive. The boot space is certainly less than Creta and Seltos, but if translates to better space inside, I am more than happy with it.

Quote:
From the presentation:
- Length: 4225 mm,
- Width: 1760 mm (excl. ORVMs),
- Height: 1612 mm,
- Wheelbase: 2651 mm &
- Ground Clearance: 188 mm

Last edited by museycal : 18th March 2021 at 16:38.
museycal is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks