Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2021, 09:21   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulvv View Post
With all due respect, apart from the length - Kushaq doesn't even come close to Yeti in dimensions. It's too short and too narrow !
Length and width are almost same. Yeti has big roof rails, but yes I agree Kushaq is short. Boot space difference is ~15 ltr only and big difference in max boot space in Yeti is because Yeti has tumble forward individual rear seats and it releases good amount of space. Kushaq has normal foldable seats.
Old 29th March 2021, 09:49   #482
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Length and width are almost same. Yeti has big roof rails, but yes I agree Kushaq is short. Boot space difference is ~15 ltr only and big difference in max boot space in Yeti is because Yeti has tumble forward individual rear seats and it releases good amount of space. Kushaq has normal foldable seats.
I had the Yeti for 7 years (4x4 diesel 2010-2017 100,000 kms) and it was a gem of a car. But the boot space was nowhere near the claimed 405 L - it also had the same issue of counting the spare wheel and space below the boot floor as part of the boot space. The actual space below the parcel shelf is around 250L.
The good thing about the Yeti was it had Varioflex seats, which were individually reclineable, slidable and removable. This is the reason why you see the additional 300L of boot space with rear seats removed compared to the Kushaq. In terms of design the Yeti was a very TallBoy kind of design and was quite boxy, But practical. The Kushaq design is more balanced and hence less tall and hopefully in person will appear more pleasant.
The Yeti was quite ahead of its time and I recall we had bought it for 14.5 lacs on road (mid variant) and that car had started the CSUV segment. But as their price was quite high, they could not rake in huge numbers. It was a great practical car and also had 4*4 but market just wanted 4x2 Csuvs at a much cheaper price and that is where other manufacturers took the lead

Last edited by Behemoth : 29th March 2021 at 09:50.
Behemoth is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 20:11   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik.thm View Post
When Sonet was launching, Kia gave all its variants to Youtubers and social media influencers. They kept the hype on boil until they reveal prices.
Spot on! From the reveal on March 18th till June(date tbc), it's just too much time.

- They should try to prepone the launch to May if possible.
- They can arrange for walkaround videos of all variants by giving cars to YouTubers/influencers.
- They could also leak the brochures on purpose, atleast it would keep the interest alive.

Think of people who were willing to wait for 1 or 2 months for a new car, now they'll have to wait approx. 3 months just for the price reveal. This would definitely be a put off for many buyers. Yes we understand the pandemic has affected everyone & everything, but shouldn't they strike while the iron is still hot?
John316_WRC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 21:41   #484
BHPian

This zigwheels video says, prices may start 9 lacs.

skip to 12:45 for price
ramki.grandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 22:52   #485
BHPian

The base variant 'Active' will only be available in 1L TSI and manual transmission. This may be disappointing news for those with a budget and planning to buy the base variant AT or base variant 1.5L TSI

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-kushaq-drivetrain.jpg
swoosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 22:57   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoosh View Post
The base variant 'Active' will only be available in 1L TSI and manual transmission. This may be disappointing news for those with a budget and planning to buy the base variant AT or base variant 1.5L TSI

Attachment 2138881
They should have given 1.5 MT for people on tight budget.
Now let's just hope they price it aggresive . Nobody wants kushaq to be dead on arrival.Fingers crossed
Old 30th March 2021, 23:10   #487
BHPian

Won't be surprised to see Skoda price the Kushaq in the 18L-25L (ex-showroom) range. Car prices, across the board, have gone through the roof!
kushagra452 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 23:42   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Won't be surprised to see Skoda price the Kushaq in the 18L-25L (ex-showroom) range. Car prices, across the board, have gone through the roof!
No way, unless that was Sarcasm!
MaanSingh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 08:53   #489
BHPian

"Modified for India" statement was a let down and confusing too. Did it mean they are going to compromise on safety? I tweeted to Zac Hollis and he responded as such
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-20210331_085251.jpg  

amitjha086 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 10:54   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjha086 View Post
"Modified for India" statement was a let down and confusing too. Did it mean they are going to compromise on safety? I tweeted to Zac Hollis and he responded as such
Apparently, when Zac promises on the safety there’s no sign the car gets GNCAP tested soon. I haven’t come across any tweets where he acknowledges the crash tests, perhaps they should have it planned post the launch. May be, may not be!

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-a3f91326b46043bfa2653b4178770d3d.jpeg
Old 31st March 2021, 16:04   #491
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is one of the better videos of the Kushaq, done by Times Drive - they seemed to have exclusive access to the car for the review (unlike most of the others) and have done a decent overview of all the features.
This is also one of the very few reviews of the Red car on display and this colour is quite a looker on the car. Though I wish Skoda should have added a few more colour options from the existing Superb range like Business Grey and Lava Blue / Race Blue! This car will look better in brighter colours (to me!)

Last edited by Behemoth : 31st March 2021 at 16:08.
Old 31st March 2021, 17:00   #492
Distinguished - BHPian

I was personally little surprised to see that the infamous DQ200 DSG is the one that is going to be doing the duty on these new cars from Skoda and Volkswagen. While the reported incidents of failures are probably much lesser now, I have not seen anything that indicates the problems are fixed and done with. Especially considering that it would be operating at its peak torque of 250NM. Fantastic gearbox, no doubt. Hope the reliability issues/concerns have been fully addressed by Skoda.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 17:50   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I was personally little surprised to see that the infamous DQ200 DSG is the one that is going to be doing the duty on these new cars from Skoda and Volkswagen. While the reported incidents of failures are probably much lesser now, I have not seen anything that indicates the problems are fixed and done with. Especially considering that it would be operating at its peak torque of 250NM. Fantastic gearbox, no doubt. Hope the reliability issues/concerns have been fully addressed by Skoda.
With extended warranty offered by VW/Skoda I think we can have some peace of mind regarding DQ200 DSG
Old 1st April 2021, 19:28   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

The complete unveiling (World Premiere)of the Kushaq on video:

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 20:50   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
With extended warranty offered by VW/Skoda I think we can have some peace of mind regarding DQ200 DSG
I hope that they have tweaked it a bit so that we can be at peace. Have they mentioned anywhere about any changes in the gearbox? Or is the ditto same like the older havoc creator?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed