Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2021, 16:54   #541
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHELLY K JOSE View Post
I think this colour was not publicized in March. At that time only Grey, Silver, White, Orange and Red were announced. Anyway this shade goes very well with the design .

I believe it is the same shade that was there on display at the reveal event - Carbon Steel

AnnaRocks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 09:45   #542
BHPian

Does it look like a deep blue shade to anyone else also (instead of dark grey)?

Love some of these Skoda/VW colours, make their vehicles look classy!
MaanSingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 10:40   #543
BHPian

Kushaq, it's cousin Taigun and LHD versions of both have been spotted in and around Pune quite a few times, all sans camouflage. I have seen the car personally and I felt it looked a bit narrower and shorter in height compared to last gen Creta which was right besides it. Overall, have to say it looks quite handsome.

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-03aea40315e046d8a9e5d0a1eb84334a.jpeg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-c919592fa67146c2ae22b2102ae48429.jpeg

PS : The tail lights are not malfunctioning, it's just the LEDs and camera shutter speed combined giving that impression.

Last edited by ADI7YAK : 23rd April 2021 at 10:41. Reason: Typo.
ADI7YAK is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 11:16   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
I may be against the general sentiment but I actually like the fact that it doesn't appear wide/huge/imposing.

I like that VW & Skoda have embraced a more cross-over ish look for this rather than trying to appear as a butch SUV. A smaller footprint yet decent legroom at the back is an absolute win in my books for our cities with crazy traffic and tight parking spaces.
I feel they may have a point. If they make it like a full blown SUV, they will cannibalize the new SVU they are planning to launch (I am referring to the car which was covered in their ads). At the price point between 9-15L, they can covert some of the demand from Sonnet/Venue into their fold and also take some from Creta/Seltos (not that those are also SUVs as its understood). The Jeep compass which is priced between 25L-30L for the automatic versions is also a 4 person car with average boot size. So, its not a bad strategy. The pricing is going to really determine, what's going to be the size of the cake they can have. If they price it between 15-25 L, they are not going to see volumes. They may at max be able to convert people who are going for T-ROC into Kushaq's buyers which could be annual sales of 2,500 -3,500 units at max.
Lalitha Venkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 11:47   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaanSingh View Post
Does it look like a deep blue shade to anyone else also (instead of dark grey)?

Love some of these Skoda/VW colours, make their vehicles look classy!
Agreed that it appears that way at some points in the video, but since Skoda did not reveal any such colors during the reveal, it is probably the Carbon Steel shade, unless they have some surprises lined up while making the price announcements. Would have loved to see the Kushaq in the blue shade from the recent Octavia pics.

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-skoda.png

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd April 2021 at 16:47. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Old 23rd April 2021, 13:50   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Typical lovely understated Skoda looks, but that video also clearly shows the small road presence IMHO!

Attachment 2147397
Whoa!

I hadn't seen the video and looking at the other on-road pics, was thinking to myself, "It looks much better on road - size-wise than during the launch. Not bad at all.."

But looking at this picture, with the auto rickshaw looming above it, I guess the launch showcased the size accurately.

But I guess (and sincerely hope) that it will drive more like a sedan than a crossover and make up for lack of road presence.
Old 23rd April 2021, 16:12   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
With Skoda Octavia launch postponed, expect a delay in Kushaq's launch too!
I hear it’s not going to be available before August / September at the earliest. The Taigun will be available at a similar time.

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd April 2021 at 16:46. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please don't quote large posts entirely. Thanks!
Old 24th April 2021, 01:27   #548
BHPian

I wonder whether the Kushaq will truly be able to compete with the Koreans on pricing. Sure the Kushaq has a pair of amazing engines but I still don't see Skoda being able to price the base variant in line with base variants of the Creta/Seltos.
KaurDiCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 01:58   #549
BHPian

Wow, the road presence is just right

I'm seriously considering the kushaq now. The 1.5 TSI with 150ps and 250nm Torque will blow the 1.5 NAs from Seltos and City out of the goddamn ocean

What do you guys think would be the price of 1.5 TSI OTR ?
I'm hoping I can get the 1.5 TSI DSG under 17 lakhs OTR, Fingers crossed.
Old 24th April 2021, 18:34   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911CarerraS View Post
What do you guys think would be the price of 1.5 TSI OTR ?
I'm hoping I can get the 1.5 TSI DSG under 17 lakhs OTR, Fingers crossed.
If you are looking for the top of the line 1.5 DSG, then sadly it won’t happen. Expect the prices to be a ‘tad’ lower than the Korean competitors.

That means the top spec 1.5 DSG won’t settle below 20 L OTR Delhi. Not to forget that the Creta / Seltos top specs models are touching the 21 L mark already.

Probably the base 1.5 DSG variant can brush the 17L OTR mark.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 19:32   #551
BHPian

Incidentally, do we know if the 1.5 variants also fall in the 95% localisation category? If not, the 1.5 DSG top spec will be likely around the Rs.20L OTR mark and even a little over that.

The 1 litre does have the localisation edge, we know that. Hence can expect aggressive pricing there.
Old 24th April 2021, 19:38   #552
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm seriously considering the kushaq now. The 1.5 TSI with 150ps and 250nm Torque will blow the 1.5 NAs from Seltos and City out of the goddamn ocean
1.5 TSi should be compared to the 1.4 TGDi present in the top variants of the Seltos, which comes close with 140ps and 242Nm of torque.

1.5 NA is for the entry-level variants of the Seltos, against the 1.0 TSi of the Kushaq.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 19:45   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
1.5 TSi should be compared to the 1.4 TGDi present in the top variants of the Seltos, which comes close with 140ps and 242Nm of torque.

1.5 NA is for the entry-level variants of the Seltos, against the 1.0 TSi of the Kushaq.
Okay I understand

I hope that considering its a tad smaller than the Koreans and the whole future of Skoda India lies on the kushaq , they'll price it agressively . I hope and pray that they come up with nice introductory pricing

By the way guys, how does the 1.0 TSI compare to the 1.5 iVtech motor? Who's got the edge here?
Old 24th April 2021, 20:44   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Okay I understand

By the way guys, how does the 1.0 TSI compare to the 1.5 iVtech motor? Who's got the edge here?
Performance wise there's no engine under 15 lakhs on road which can beat the 1.0 Tsi. You should read the Tbhp review of the Rapid and the Polo, everyone praises the engine. Specially read GTO's part.

The 1.5 is a naturally aspirated engine, it has it's own benefits like no turbo lag, linear acceleration, having 4 cylinders so better smoothness and less noise. But when it comes to performance volkswagen 1.0 tsi is the best.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th April 2021 at 22:14. Reason: benifits > benefits
yesyeswe is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 20:54   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Performance wise there's no engine under 15 lakhs on road which can beat the 1.0 Tsi. You should read the Tbhp review of the Rapid and the Polo, everyone praises the engine. Specially read GTO's part.

The 1.5 is a naturally aspirated engine, it has it's own benefits like no turbo lag, linear acceleration, having 4 cylinders so better smoothness and less noise. But when it comes to performance volkswagen 1.0 tsi is the best.
Good to see you back. Any insider info on release date and pricing of Kushaq?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th April 2021 at 22:14. Reason: Quoted post edited.
SBM3J is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks