Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2021, 16:40   #631
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
Yes, I am also waiting for top model 1.0 tsi + TC Auto. Would be best in business for this segment and for years to come. Hopefully would retail around 15.5 lakhs ex- showroom
SKODA will go ahead with such a price for 1.0 only if they want to drive on the same route Chevrolet and Fiat took - the one that goes out of India. This is their last hope and a good one too. Hope, they price it right and plays to the gallery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
So, Skoda/Volkswagen will be saying -

Listen guys, we now have 2 products developed for India and they belong to high volumes segment. .
AnnaRocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 17:08   #632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBM3J View Post
VW T-ROC which was a CBU import was sold for 19.9L until recently with 1.5TSI+DSG gearbox(and Panoramic glass roof). If they decide to price Kushaq 19.5L, how could possibly Skoda/VW justify selling the 95% localized car which is a segment below t-roc for the similar price?
They have absolutely no need to justify the pricing, the T-ROC was a stop gap for VW dealers, Skoda had the Karoq, and that was near 25 lakhs ex showroom. Localisation alone will not drop prices, what VAG needs anyway is a return to the time the Vento was launched. People were willing to pay a premium to get one, they need high sales and margins, in short what Hyundai /Kia have achieved. T-ROC will mean nothing to most dealers once the Taigun hits the showroom.
Old 28th May 2021, 17:19   #633
BHPian

If Skoda and VW do not undercut the Koreans on pricing then both these amazing models would remain restricted to a very small and limited market of the car enthusiasts.

Korean twins are bigger in size and have a higher list of creature comforts on paper. There is simply no way for the Skoda and VW to have a higher price and still be able to gain mass market.

I am in fact surprised by their decision to create a smaller car when they do in fact have a longer wheelbase. As per the initial reviews, these cars a not even a proper 5 seater when nexon is able to do it better at a much lower price.

If Skoda really wants to target Creta and Seltos, there is no way they can do it at the same price point, let alone going higher. At a higher price band, this is will no longer be a mass market car.
a.bhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 17:31   #634
Senior - BHPian

Couple of red color top variant pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-20210528_172726.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-20210528_172653.jpg  

Latheesh is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 18:01   #635
Senior - BHPian

It looks lovely in red colour.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/skod...2484083708525/
PatienceWins is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 18:37   #636
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Couple of red color top variant pictures
Skoda badge in black on the fender is looking really striking with the red colour! Expect this colour to sell a lot initially eventually being overtaken by the neutral and more popular white.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 20:51   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
BTW, My guess for Kushaq "introductory" ex-showroom prices:
1.0 MT Active - 9.99 Lakhs
1.0 MT Ambition - 11 Lakhs
1.0 AT Ambition - 12 Lakhs
1.0 MT Active @9.99 Lakhs = Take my money Skoda!
1.0 MT Ambition @11 Lakhs = Good price and much better option comparing to Creta and Seltos. Not bad if you compare with Honda City V too.
1.0 AT Ambition @ 12 Lakhs = Very good price but Skoda Rapid manual to auto price difference is 1.5Lakhs. Expect the same difference in Kushaq pricing too.

If the base variant price is above 10L, it is better to extend the budget and go for Honda City V @ 11L!

Last edited by Latheesh : 28th May 2021 at 20:53.
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 08:21   #638
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq Style in Carbon Steel Shade

Ignore the poor image quality.

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-screenshot_20210529_081635.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-screenshot_20210529_081640.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-screenshot_20210529_081659.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-screenshot_20210529_081706.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-screenshot_20210529_081732.jpg

CarguyNish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 10:39   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Skoda Kushaq Style in Carbon Steel Shade

Video Link

Thanks for the video CarguyNish. Though I preferred the White since the first day, these recent videos are making me consider the Red and Carbon Steel too.

Headsup to others who haven't seen it yet - watch the video on mute for a LOL free viewing experience.
AnnaRocks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 14:14   #640
Distinguished - BHPian

On the final test run : Kushaq and Taigun,

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-volkswagentaigunandskodakushaqspiedtogether34d8.jpg

volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 21:15   #641
BHPian

Kushaq’s price and variant specifications will be announced by end of June as confirmed by Zac in twitter.

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-077e1703eb7a42889bad1e0c94da530b.jpeg
Deadpool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 09:56   #642
Distinguished - BHPian

Kushaq testing ( old video):

Old 31st May 2021, 12:37   #643
BHPian

I am actually confused why do we keep comparing Kushaq to Creta/Seltos when it's dimensions are in line with Brezza and Nexon.

Kushaq is smaller in both height and width than a maruti Brezza. Smaller in width than a Nexon. Definitely not a 5 seater hence Brezza and Nexon will seat your family more comfortably.

1.0 TSI produces almost the same power and torque as the 1.2 turbo of Nexon. So Nexon would have a better power to weight ratio.

Kushaq is longer than 4m so it will be considerably much costlier than a Brezza or a Nexon and what we get for this extra cost is a boot that is 15L more than a Brezza and 50L smaller than a Creta.

So the pricing should fall in line with Brezza/Nexon, at least for the 1.0 TSI. To boot, I still haven't seen any segment first features from Kushaq that could be the crowd puller.

Considering that this is supposed to be a mass market offering with high volume expectations, I think Skoda has created a very confused proposition. Though their marketing team is trying hard to do the comparison with Creta/Seltos to justify a premium price, I look at this car as falling a segment below.
a.bhatt is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 12:52   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.bhatt View Post
I am actually confused why do we keep comparing Kushaq to Creta/Seltos when it's dimensions are in line with Brezza and Nexon.

Kushaq is smaller in both height and width than a maruti Brezza. Smaller in width than a Nexon.
I am not sure I agree with what you are saying. The Kushaq, at 4225 mm is just 75 mm shorter than the Creta, but over 230 mm longer than the Nexon / Brezza.
The Nexon is wider than the Creta too. The Brezza is just as wide as the Creta and actually taller than it too. So by your logic, we should start comparing Nexon and Brezza to the Creta as well?

Quote:
1.0 TSI produces almost the same power and torque as the 1.2 turbo of Nexon. So Nexon would have a better power to weight ratio.

So the pricing should fall in line with Brezza/Nexon, at least for the 1.0 TSI.
The 1.0 L TSI produces 115hp, which is in line with the Creta and Seltos' 1.5 NA engine and the 1.5 L TSI in Kushaq will produce 150hp which is even higher than the turbo-charged unit on the Koreans. The positioning is fairly clear IMO. The 1 L has a higher power output, more refinement and a proper AT gearbox when compared to the Nexon.
Shreyas_H is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 13:37   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.bhatt View Post
Well I don't from where to start here but I'll give it a try, the size of the car and the power figures of an engine on paper doesn't define how the car will drive on road or how it will actually feel, or how it will handle, or how the power delivery is.

The 1.0 tsi of volkswagen is one of the best engines in the market currently under 15 lakhs, that's not me saying, our experts on Tbhp, all over YouTube and other reviewers. You can't even compare the engine of Nexon or any other car to it. Try using a manual gearbox of nexon and polo/Vento/rapid back to back and you will curse. Regarding naturally aspirated engines of Creta and Brezza, they have their own plus points like zero turbo lag, linear acceleration, easy maintenance but when it comes to power and acceleration, there's no match to 1.0 TSI.

Now coming to size, even I agree with you, the car could have been a bit bigger, but it's just 100mm shorter than creta, that's like 10 cm! Check your scale and see how small 10 cm is. The wheel base of kushaq is longest in the segment, more than creta and Seltos, and it's the wheelbase which gives the actual usable space in the car!

Now coming to size, you know Fortuner and Endeavor are bigger than BMW X3, (I'm not saying kushaq is X3 but the driving dynamics are going to be closer) , but which car is going to handle good, will have better driveability, will have better dynamics. I know a normal person would pick the bigger car but here on Tbhp we are driving enthusiasts, we care about the dynamics and the handling and high speeds behavior of a car and volkswagen group has always attracted the enthusiastic crowd, so we will compare the car to all its competitors.

Brezza length 3995mm
Creta length 4315mm
Kushaq length 4225mm

If we do simple maths and compare the lengths, kushaq is closer to Creta than Brezza, so yeah we will compare the cars.

Then comes safety of vehicles, skoda has a better safety record than Hyundai, and people want safe cars too, I would any day select a safe car in place of a car with the bigger sunroof. German cars always age better due to the classic understated looks, the ergonomic inside are always upto the point.

I can go on and on but you get my point, to us enthusiasts a German car is always better than it's competition, but then you bring in reliability, service network and depreciation then it's another debate

Let the car launch in the market, let the reviews come out, specially on our forum and then you can judge the car, just because it's shorter by 10 cm doesn't mean it's not from the same segment man. And maybe someone wants the biggest car for their money, to each his own.
yesyeswe is offline   (17) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks