Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2021, 10:05   #826
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview

If Game of Thrones was still running, Stannis Baratheon would have been the perfect brand ambassador for the Kushaq. "The One True King" and all that!
TheGearBox is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 11:44   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
A king doesn't necessarily have to be beefy/bulky/huge, or do they?
Traditionally "King size" is used with large things like King size bed, meal/breakfast to suit a king etc. (which means overdose or variety generally, rather than being nutritious)

So yeah, I guess the word king, kind of points to big in this context for some of us - and does not suit the size of this car.

Last edited by MaanSingh : 18th June 2021 at 11:46.
MaanSingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 12:06   #828
BHPian

I went ahead and “booked” a 1.0 TC Auto. Of course it’s unofficial. They’ve assured to give me quotes only on/after 28th.

As you can imagine, they wouldn’t comment on the model I selected. They continue to maintain that they don’t know the variant break up etc..

Booking amount 50k

Last edited by sheelapratosh : 18th June 2021 at 12:06. Reason: Adding info
sheelapratosh is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 12:13   #829
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
I went ahead and “booked” a 1.0 TC Auto. Of course it’s unofficial. ---
Congratulations on the first booking of Kushaq in TBHP !

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-1.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th June 2021 at 12:26.
Old 18th June 2021, 13:12   #830

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The Kushaq is derived from ‘Kushak’ in Sanskrit which means ‘King’ nothing to do with the size of the car
On a side note, I have been trying to search for the term `Kushak` in all the available Sanskrit dictionaries online and couldn't find it so far. Either the online dictionaries are faulty/have limited words in their database, or Skoda is wrong!

https://www.learnsanskrit.cc/index.php?mode=0
pocketaces is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 14:09   #831

[Off topic] Hyundai Alcazar's top end is priced at 19.99 Lacs ex-showroom (introductory); fingers crossed for Kushaq pricing reveal on Jun 28, 2021.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-screenshot_20210618140658_mint.jpg  

vbd316 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 15:50   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbd316 View Post
[Off topic] Hyundai Alcazar's top end is priced at 19.99 Lacs ex-showroom (introductory); fingers crossed for Kushaq pricing reveal on Jun 28, 2021.
I also think that VW and Skoda were waiting for Alzacars price to reveal Kushaq/Taigun prices.

So we can expect some realistic pricing from VW/Skoda post Alzacars pricing. Good for us hopefully
Old 18th June 2021, 16:05   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
I also think that VW and Skoda were waiting for Alzacars price to reveal Kushaq/Taigun prices.

So we can expect some realistic pricing from VW/Skoda post Alzacars pricing. Good for us hopefully
Some of us in this forum is expecting Kushaq to be priced above 20L for the 1.5TSI+DSG. if it happens it will be a cruel joke by Skoda on the "fans" after Alcazar is prices less than 20L for the highest variant.
Old 18th June 2021, 16:12   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBM3J View Post
Some of us in this forum is expecting Kushaq to be priced above 20L for the 1.5TSI+DSG. if it happens it will be a cruel joke by Skoda on the "fans" after Alcazar is prices less than 20L for the highest variant.
I am not sure that we can fault Skoda if they do that. They have already made it clear that they are competing with the Seltos and Creta which currently have their top trims retailing at over 20 lakhs. So I think the impact of the Alcazar pricing on Kushaq variants over 20 lakhs will be same as the impact on similarly priced variants of the Creta and the Seltos.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 16:41   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
I am not sure that we can fault Skoda if they do that. They have already made it clear that they are competing with the Seltos and Creta which currently have their top trims retailing at over 20 lakhs. So I think the impact of the Alcazar pricing on Kushaq variants over 20 lakhs will be same as the impact on similarly priced variants of the Creta and the Seltos.

Drive on,
Shibu
Well in first case, VW/Skoda miss the net sales however in second case, Hyundai and Kia still get those sales just moving from Creta/Seltos to Alzacar.

Now I also have a feeling that Hyundai played preemptive predatory pricing here to keep impact from VW and Skoda at bay by calling it introductory pricing. If the impact turns out bad for VW/Skoda, Hyundai will rise prices of Alzacar and keep milking it infinitely. Net results all sales go to Hyundai/Kia.

I really want VW and Skoda to prove my hypothesis wrong by strongly delivering on Kushaq and Taigun. And waiting for launch to buy one and contribute to VW/Skoda mission.
steadfast is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 16:45   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post

I beg to differ with you sir. For a car with smaller dimensions and much smaller stance than Seltos/Creta, why would Alcazar prizing matter. I guess there are adequate references in the Compact SUV segment - S-Cross (the perfect comparison) followed by Nexon, Creta/Seltos

In fact with all the gizmos and tech, I wouldn't be surprised if Alcazar manages to convert some Octavia aspirants

Last edited by rahulvv : 18th June 2021 at 16:49.
rahulvv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 17:26   #837
Senior - BHPian

Correct. It is compact and has an average road presence.
Honey orange looks nice. My top colour picks - for style variant
1. Carbon steel, honey orange
2. White, red
3. Silver

White and carbon steel base variant will look nice with some exterior mods. Other colors are average.

Last edited by Latheesh : 18th June 2021 at 17:33.
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 18:55   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
I went ahead and “booked” a 1.0 TC Auto. Of course it’s unofficial. They’ve assured to give me quotes only on/after 28th.

Booking amount 50k
Congratulations and wish you all the best May I ask what price are you expecting for this variant which if breached you would cancel the booking?

This would be my variant of choice as well had I been looking to get a crossover now. Primarily for the TC box instead of the DQ200.

Last edited by SoumenD : 18th June 2021 at 18:57.
Old 18th June 2021, 19:43   #839

Just wondering, how many Test Drive (TD) vehicles a dealership get? Context being, I was checking with the Udaipur dealership if they will be getting both 1.0 L and 1.5 L AT test drive vehicles; and, he said yes we have ordered 27 cars so you will get every choice for TD.

This is very different from my experience with Tata Motors Udaipur dealership because for last 8 months they haven't got any XZA+ TD vehicle from what I know.
Old 18th June 2021, 19:57   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Congratulations and wish you all the best May I ask what price are you expecting for this variant which if breached you would cancel the booking?

This would be my variant of choice as well had I been looking to get a crossover now. Primarily for the TC box instead of the DQ200.
My threshold is about 15.5 to 16L ex show room. Hope they price it around that.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed