Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2021, 21:22   #841
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview

Cars will be dispatched to dealers from the launch day itself for test drives and viewing.

Booking amount is fully refundable on cancellation.

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-smartselect_20210618212130_twitter.jpg

Link
Old 18th June 2021, 21:42   #842
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Cars will be dispatched to dealers from the launch day itself for test drives and viewing.
Firstly they have delayed the launch so much and now when it’s almost time to launch, Skoda is saying they will dispatch cars to dealerships for viewing and test drives on launch day?!

I am pretty sure it will take 2 days minimum after launch to reach both Southern and Northern states and then temporary registration will take another day. Rather just start dispatching vehicles to dealerships 2 days prior to launch, so that even they can prepare for the launch/large crowds, let people view it if they want to but start test-drives only on launch-day. Hyundai did it perfectly today, the Alcazar started arriving 3-4 days before and on launch day dealerships were all ready to present the car to prospective customers, it shows the readiness a manufacturer has or even Skoda’s Octavia was with dealers before launch.

OR

Skoda doesn’t want people to view the car before the launch and take photos and videos of it! But people have already seen innumerable spyshots of both camouflaged and non-camouflaged cars, and the media event had the interiors revealed, so there is absolutely nothing to hide.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 18th June 2021 at 21:44.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 23:47   #843
BHPian

Skoda India released a new video about the infotainment.

Deadpool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 02:39   #844
BANNED

It seems that the ground clearance mentioned in launch event must be unladen.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th June 2021 at 11:41. Reason: Capitalising. Please capitalise sentences for better readability. Thanks.
Old 19th June 2021, 10:58   #845
BHPian

Welcome back to my long list Škoda!

When I first heard the 1.5 TSI might only come with a DSG, I was really disheartened as this factor pushed the Kushaq right out of my list. What can I say, I prefer my stuff to be reliable even at the risk of being boring. With the 1.5 MT in the play now, the Kushaq just made a leap right to the top of my list.

A few apprehensions remain though-

1. This IIRC, being the first launch of a car built on the MQB A0 IN platform, would like to see if the car lives up to the fabled VW build quality. Hope they haven't embraced the Kia way.

2. Hope Škoda doesn't pull another Octy here and price the Style 1.5 MT far beyond my reach.

So game on Škoda! And fingers crossed‽
Romeo_Mike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 11:20   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin.balda View Post
it seems that the ground clearance mentioned in launch event must be unladen.
A question both general and specific to the Kushaq. I have read about this connection of the wheelbase to the ground clearance. How much of a direct connect is there between the two? Am assuming it's not just a simple equation between these two aspects. It would also depend on the suspension, whether soft or hard. And maybe other considerations too.

More specifically to the Kushaq, in its segment, it has the longest wheelbase at 2651 mm. So am just wondering if the 188 mm (esp if it's unladen) ground clearance would be adequate for our roads? As a Bangalorean, we happen to have this huge fixation on GC, you see!

The short and immediate answer, I suspect, would be to wait till the test drives and the reviews start coming in, I know. But still, pushing this thought out here....
RPM1706 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 11:50   #847
BHPian

1.5 TSI engine with Active Cylinder Technology (ACT) can achieve unimaginably high mileage.
I did an experiment in which ACT was ON for most of the journey.
Distance : 25 KM
Hishway: 4 lane (empty)
Load: 4 adults & full luggage
Speed Range: 55-75 kmpl
Gear: D6 for most of the ride, D5
Average speed: 63 kmph
Mileage : 29 kmpl

ACT (UK website)
ACT is active over an engine speed range between 1,400 and 4,000 rpm and torque outputs between 25 and approx. 100 Nm – a range that covers nearly 70 per cent of all driving states in the EU driving cycle! If the driver presses the accelerator pedal hard, both cylinders begin to work again without a noticeable transition. The high efficiency of the system has no negative effects on smooth running: even with two cylinders the excellently balanced the 1.5 TSI Evo engine of the Golf runs very quietly and with low vibration.

All mechanical switchover processes take place within one-half of a camshaft rotation; depending on engine speed this takes between just 13 and 36 milliseconds. Accompanying interventions in ignition and throttle valve processes smooth the transitions. What’s more, thanks to an accelerator pedal sensor and intelligent monitoring software, the system can also detect irregular driving profiles – such as during a drive through a roundabout or in sporty shifting on a highway. In such cases, cylinder shut-off is deactivated. The driver is aware of whether two or four cylinders are active by a related indicator in the multifunction display between the speedometer and tachometer.
sagwal is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 13:28   #848
Distinguished - BHPian

All about the mid-SUV segment.

Where does the VAG Twins stand. VW could tweak its price based on the Kushaq's booking response .

Old 19th June 2021, 13:54   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1706 View Post
More specifically to the Kushaq, in its segment, it has the longest wheelbase at 2651 mm. So am just wondering if the 188 mm (esp if it's unladen) ground clearance would be adequate for our roads? As a Bangalorean, we happen to have this huge fixation on GC, you see!
Wheel base change, ground clearance change specific to Indian market and all are pure marketing garbage. Skoda Kamiq which is on the same platform has the same wheel base and GC already. I have not driven Kamiq but have seen one driving around on unpaved rural/forest area roads many times. GC should not be an issue on Bangalore roads.
They cut cost by modifying the platform (material change, rear tunnel reduction + may be other changes as well).
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 14:10   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1706 View Post
I have read about this connection of the wheelbase to the ground clearance. How much of a direct connect is there between the two? Am assuming it's not just a simple equation between these two aspects. It would also depend on the suspension, whether soft or hard. And maybe other considerations too.
While I don't have anything of value to add on your specific question, another aspect to think about in the context of GC is the overhang, particularly the front overhang. The longer the overhang, the lower the effective ground clearance when approaching with ramps, undulations or speed breakers. Most cars in the compact-SUV segment don't have an overhang problem though. Prima facie, from images, the Kushaq's overhang may not cause a problem in Bengaluru.
naadopaasaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 20:49   #851
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Skoda Kushaq 1.5L TSI will only arrive in August 2021

We know that the Skoda Kushaq will be offered with two turbo-petrol engine options. However, the latest rumours suggest that the more powerful 1.5-litre TSI version will only be available from August 4, 2021.

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-whatsapp-image-20210619-8.45.24-pm.jpeg

The 1.5-litre turbo-petrol unit in question produces 148 BHP, as opposed to 113 BHP from the smaller 1.0-litre TSI motor. It will be paired with either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.

According to a recent leak, the Kushaq is expected to be offered in three variants - Active, Ambition and Style. The 1.5-litre engine will only come in the top-spec Style trim.

Skoda is all set to launch the Kushaq in the Indian market on June 28. If rumours are anything to go by, the car will be offered with the 1.0-litre TSI engine at launch. Deliveries are expected to start from July 12, 2021.

Thanks to Ananth N who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 19th June 2021 at 21:08.
TusharK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 21:25   #852
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Skoda Kushaq 1.5L TSI will only arrive in August 2021

This is strange. Do they want to gauge the response and then look at the final pricing for the 1.5L versions?
Old 19th June 2021, 22:10   #853
BHPian

Oh c'mon Skoda! This is the telltale sign of a company which is skeptical of it's own product. All the time in the world and they still can't get their product development sorted!
nitkel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 23:06   #854
BHPian

This is becoming a joke now. Seems like Skoda is enjoying creating just the teasers and not interested in selling the car itself. It's better to spend some money to get a good management, products can take care of themselves.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 23:14   #855
BHPian

This is like following Tata's footsteps. Have they not realised that initial perceptions stay and even though they might launch a better drivetrain later, people who have been anxiously been waiting all this while are unlikely to step into the showrooms again?
hridaygandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks