Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2021, 13:13   #931
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview

Going by the size of Kushaq from these media drive pictures, the challenge Kushaq is facing is something like this :
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-hgjbks2vrxvmohfy37bwvrsnybwc9nzkhbah1xsyqffuriv4qb3kqj94cmqf6akcxvw42wftrwvhf6yrypkyzvt3k2.jpeg  

viscosity is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 13:36   #932
Distinguished - BHPian

More from the scenic monsoon drive:

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-e4ejx9qxmaiybvg.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-e4ejx9xxmaitqki.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-e4ekhpqxeamzijd.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-e4ekhpqxwac0y3h.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-e4ekhppxiaawf7k.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd June 2021 at 13:38.
volkman10 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 13:51   #933
Senior - BHPian

I do not know if it is the photos but the car does look a lot smaller when compared to cars in this category like Seltos/Hector/Creta. The cabin width also seems a wee bit tight and narrow but i think one has to check this in person to get a true picture.

Size does matter to our people and it really comes down to pricing now since Skoda is not offering any diesel option and it does seem to have a size disadvantage. If i were to pick this one up, would only go the torque converter way and not DSG. DSG failures keep popping up every now and then, it is an expensive replacement proposition + not every one gets their goodwill claims once warranty runs out.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 13:53   #934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscosity View Post
Going by the size of Kushaq from these media drive pictures, the challenge Kushaq is facing is something like this :
Good laugh

But it's a gross exaggeration. Maybe, just maybe this comparison would be more relatable between Alto and Creta/Seltos. Kushaq/Taigun are smaller, but not that small at all .

Last edited by Col Mehta : 22nd June 2021 at 13:56.
Old 22nd June 2021, 14:10   #935
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepCarTalk View Post
Statistics do not matter. Anyone with basic information regarding cars has the impression of DSG being unreliable.

This whole point contradicts having DQ200 in the new gen cars.
The point is, when they want to improve things in the ownership front, then it is obvious that the long running complaints would be analysed and looked into. The impression that DSG is unreliable has come from the loads of issues that was there in the initial days. The manufacturer wont leave the product without further development over the years. Hence, while it is true that there could be a risk due to the kind of abuse the DSG gets in India, its also not something people have to write off.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 14:16   #936
Senior - BHPian

The car looks much smaller in pictures compared to the Korean twins. The boot space picture does not give confidence either, not sufficient at all for the highway trips of a family of four.

The additional space/ looks matters a lot for the target segment. Skoda maybe having a competent product, but I think they have diluted the value proposition by trying to target across segments with a single product. They should have either gone for the compact SUV with the tax advantages or a full blown war against Korean twins with differentiation in features and comparable size. The current product is neither here nor there. If they price the product well, they would be able to get some sales from the compact SUV/ base Creta segment with the 1.0 TSI.

Hope I would be proven wrong when I see the vehicle in person. Currently, I think Skoda would not be able to make a decent dent in Korean sales.

I had high hopes from the product and like the elegant design.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 22nd June 2021 at 14:21.
PatienceWins is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 14:32   #937
BHPian

What a difference 7.5cmx2.3x3cm makes!! I was somehow hoping for an “almost” creta size perceives view. These pictures are heart breaking. I guess the last straw now is the test drive and in-person view..

Well I paid the advance too. Wonder what other choice I have for a well built SUV sub 20 lacs..
sheelapratosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 14:41   #938
Senior - BHPian

Front looks good, rear is quirky for an European car, side profile reminds me of XUV300. In a country where car is a symbol of social status, size plays a big role, paying 20L for such a small car will bother many. Folks looking for a second car/European build quality(hoping Skoda hasn't cut corners) will definitely be interested though.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 14:55   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
A few glimpses from EvoIndia's insta-story!
Why is display of Rear View Camera on a small portion of Screen?

I noticed this on a Youtube video also (skip to 30 seconds timeframe)-
MaanSingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 15:01   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
Wonder what other choice I have for a well built SUV sub 20 lacs..
You may have to settle for Hector.
I myself can't find more value for money anywhere else and may well go down the Chinese route
MaanSingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 15:37   #941
BHPian

Do not make a judgement on the lack of 7.5 X 2.3 X 3 cms. If the seating space and driving dynamics are better than the slightly larger CSUVs, it would be certainly worth consideration.

Boot usage - I am sure most of us probably use that 10% of the time. And that might not be a deal breaker for some.

For those that have "Road Presence" in their top 3 in their selection criteria, this car is clearly wont appeal to them.

Last edited by NevGin : 22nd June 2021 at 15:39.
Old 22nd June 2021, 15:45   #942
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The impression that DSG is unreliable has come from the loads of issues that was there in the initial days.
Not sure on that part! These are some of the DSG issues that got reported on the forum in 2021 alone, despite all the lockdowns -

1. Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace / DQ381 - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5084387 (My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep)

2. Polo / DQ200 - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...lo-gt-tsi.html (Yet another DQ200 gearbox failure - VW Polo GT TSI)

3. Polo / DQ200 - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...lo-gt-tsi.html (DSG FIX - Multiclutch replacement of the DQ200 on my VW Polo GT TSI)

4. Polo / DQ200 - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ics-issue.html (Reminder: Not every DSG failure is a mechatronics issue)

Even Zac acknowledged issues with the DQ200 gearbox, when the Octavia was about to be launched.

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-screenshot_20210525160429.jpg

Now with the Octavia done and Kushaq around the corner - are we supposed to consider the DQ200 all well and good?

For people who buy with surplus cash and from a segment down, makes sense to get the DSG with all that performance. Those who have less risk appetite and purchasing with loans etc - should go the TC route instead.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd June 2021 at 15:51.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 15:48   #943
BHPian

The more pics I see from the media drive, the more smaller it appears. Esp that pic of the boot with luggage. What was that?

You had all the time in the world Skoda (read somewhere that 2.0 was initiated after 2015 itself) to capitalize on this segment and what are you doing? Hey let's tweak Kamiq a little bit, give it an Indian name and tell them its been made specially for India ground up. Let us give a spot on the dash for placing idols,that will tug at some heartstrings. Inko kya hi pata chalega ?
Had you really done an India focused market study, Stance and Size would have been the top criteria for an SUV aimed at the mass . When you had decided to cross our dumb ' >4m rule ' boundary, could have very well made the dimensions proper. If you say that the platform did not support it, well you are the ones who claim to make this product for India in the first place. Should have made it accordingly. No major differentiating or class leading features given. Just an assumption that the TSI and perceived European build quality will work its magic and since we have messed up on the dimensions, let us keep on playing 'Longest wheelbase' on loop .

I am closely following this car since its AutoExpo debut and am still keen on getting one. Fingers crossed. Hey where is the Red one in the media drive?
Nevertheless, waiting for the June 26 videos. On a lighter note, I guess Skoda must have specifically asked for Renuka Kripalani's review video to be released first and Zigwheels' Tushar reviews to be released at the end..
AnnaRocks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 15:48   #944
BHPian

The vehicle looks smart from most of the angles, design also looks mostly clean/inoffensive, should age well, in typical SKODA fashion interior quality and fit-finish should be good.

I believe SKODA is trying to straddle 2 segments (sub4m and 4+m) with one vehicle and might position it midway in terms of price offering a decent balance of Cost-Quality-Performance solution.

They might want to pull customers from the lower (sub4m) segment and offer a step above offering and premium product at a slight stretch of a budget when compared to moving to Seltos-Creta-Hector category.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-kushaq.png  

Last edited by Gaur : 22nd June 2021 at 15:54.
Gaur is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 15:54   #945
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more pics, now in white too. Kushaq in White and Silver seem to mask the 'smallness' in length a bit

If priced between ₹ 9.0 - 16 lakhs this could taste moderate success.

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-e4eubr2vgaia0w5.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-e4euwliviaatrvb.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-e4euugvvkaslcz_.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-e4euas8uuaeijku.jpg

The DSG varaint seem to be drawing a lot of skepticism:

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-0.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd June 2021 at 16:11.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks