Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2021, 19:13   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

Car looks solid built. Will wait for the reviews to pour in. As usual Skoda and VW cars are sharp and to some extent compact(more of a 4+1 seater)

I am bit let down by this boot space of 385ltr. Seltos and Creta technically have bigger boot but it is not practical and not deep. Hopefully this will be better.

Skoda sound system, that is new and a different approach from others who talk about JBL, BOSE etc.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th March 2021 at 22:18. Reason: BOSS > BOSE
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 19:22   #92
BHPian

Looks pretty good IMO. Hope Skoda is able to price this in the 10L-15L bracket. Anything north of 15L is going to be a tough sell. Best of luck to Skoda India!
Old 18th March 2021, 19:25   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Here are my reasons -
No WOW features. No panoramic sunroof, no Electronic parking brake, no 360 camera, no digital cockpit, no air purifier. paddle shifters (??)
Compared to these WOW factors, I would prefer more structural safety, proven mechanicals especially braking, good drivability (1.5 tsi would be a punchy engine), sorted driving dynamics, good fit and finish, paint quality, etc. The MID would not be same as Vento/Rapid ones rather it will show a lot of info in the MQB platform although it has monochrome display. Globally MQB A0 platform does not have EPB so it is nothing unexpected.

Skoda only disappointed with the boot space but as already posted, if the usable boot space is comparable to that of Creta/Seltos then there is nothing to complain about.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th March 2021 at 22:19. Reason: Creat > Creta
gopi_rm is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 19:25   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Skoda sound system, that is new and a different approach from others who talk about JBL, BOSE etc.
Only means they haven't tied up with any premium vendors right? Nothing special in calling it Skoda sound.

That said, nothing bad as long as the system sounds good. 6 speakers and a subwoofer (+ amplifier probably) setup is enough equipment for the segment.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th March 2021 at 22:19. Reason: Quoted post edited (typo).
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 19:29   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi_rm View Post
Skoda only disappointed with the boot space.
And maybe the rear drum brakes.

Other than that the Kushaq seems like a good deal to me. I would definitely pick one up if I was in the market .
Eshan Joshi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 19:30   #96
BHPian

I couldn't find any mention of cruise control in this car. That will be a big miss when the cheaper Polo comes with one.
professor.march is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 19:30   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Only means they haven't tied up with any premium vendors right? Nothing special in calling it Skoda sound.

That said, nothing bad as long as the system sounds good. 6 speakers and a subwoofer (+ amplifier probably) setup is enough equipment for the segment.
Exactly, I mean no vendor has boasted about self branded audio system. Imagine Maruti advertising next, Nippon sound system(like we care!!)
rajshenoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 19:31   #98
BHPian

I think its a good looking car (I really dislike the Creta). Hopefully the car will be as solid as its sedan siblings. The conversation on another parallel thread about Creta's massive success highlights absence of worthy competitors in this space.
I think they have good engine + transmission options. Agreed, its not as wide as the the Koreans, but still pretty decent I would say.
With higher preference of lot of buyers on Petrol options going forward, I dont see anything wrong in eliminating diesel as an offering, I would have liked to see a NA engine option also, but we dont get everything.
Yes, now it will boil down to pricing it right. Anything in Harrier/XUV500 territory means it fails and Creta/Seltos offer a lot of bang for buck in 10-18L range.
Skoda has its task cut out for itself, but I do hope they do well in this segment. If they price it right, even I would consider buying it seriously.
Old 18th March 2021, 19:34   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor.march View Post
I couldn't find any mention of cruise control in this car. That will be a big miss when the cheaper Polo comes with one.
It’s there and controls are integrated with the headlight control stalk on the left side of the steering wheel. Please check the walkaround videos posted here.
gopi_rm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 19:35   #100
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Unless Skoda is planning to undercut the Creta and Seltos by a decent margin, I don't see the Kushaq making any big inroads into the market dominated by the Korean twins.

Here are my reasons -
No WOW features. No panoramic sunroof, no Electronic parking brake, no 360 camera, no digital cockpit, no air purifier. paddle shifters (??).
Agree, the wow factor is definitely missing if we compare it with Seltos or Creta. They truly introduced some segment first features. For Kushaq the only brownie point compared to Koreans hopefully can be the gearbox and drive quality.
Will have to wait for the official reviews to get an idea on the drive experience. Karoq on other hand had a wow feeling when compared to its peers Tucson, Compass.
Old 18th March 2021, 19:37   #101
BHPian

Kushaq looks extremely promising based on the information made available today during the global unveil.

If they can launch the base variant at 9.99L Ex.showroom (introductory pricing) - It can become a segment game-changer. Aggressive pricing along with a well-managed marketing campaign to go along with because for most people, the name 'Skoda' relates to expensive maintenance, poor service, poor resale value etc.

Now starts the painful wait for the price unveil, the reviews and the final hard product available for test drives etc.
Old 18th March 2021, 19:42   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Unless Skoda is planning to undercut the Creta and Seltos by a decent margin, I don't see the Kushaq making any big inroads into the market dominated by the Korean twins.

Here are my reasons -
No WOW features. No panoramic sunroof, no Electronic parking brake, no 360 camera, no digital cockpit, no air purifier. paddle shifters (??).
And by no means this can be called King of the segment, which Skoda wants us to believe.
Have to agree with your post.

Was watching the live stream today, and the product announcement was followed by all these questions - everyone wanted to know about panoramic sunroof, 360 camera etc.

Sure Kushaq sounds good to us Team BHPians - Skoda cars always did! But this one is supposed to become a mass market favourite, otherwise it will never succeed with the numbers Skoda is aiming for! I am keeping an eye out for the pricing of the entry level 1.0 6 speed AT, but that's about it.

Kushaq just looks like another enthusiast favourite from Skoda.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 19:43   #103
BHPian

They could have had better designs on the alloys. The chrome surrounding the front grill is a bit too thick which takes away the classy feel.
Other than that looks like a decent package. Will depend on the price though.
It looks smaller than the Korean twins. The height mentioned for the Kushaq includes the roof rails?

Last edited by hareshjethwani : 18th March 2021 at 19:50.
hareshjethwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 19:47   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor.march View Post
I think features like cruise control, six airbags, tpms, hill hold will be optional to keep the initial prices down. Simply clever move by Skoda.
shekjsk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 19:48   #105
BHPian

With the heavy localization it may be wise to wait and watch. That and Skoda's awful service experience and horror stories will keep Hyundai/Kia showrooms busy for a very long time unless Vision IN includes "Customer is king" mindset. The boot space and the DQ200 is a definite deal breaker.
kpkeerthi is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks