Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2021, 16:32   #31
Team-BHP Support

re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
The mention that specifically caught my eye was the 7 speed DSG gearbox DQ200 for the 1.5ltr engine. Isn’t this the infamous gearbox that has time and again given grief to Skoda customers & to Skoda, in India?

Or is that a different gearbox and I’m wrong?
It is indeed the DQ200 gearbox for the 1.5 TSi automatic option -

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-screenshot_20210318160945_youtube.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:34   #32
BHPian

DQ200.

I am hoping it is a new version
Leem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:38   #33
BHPian

What a silent and no nonsense reveal. Some observations:

1) Front looks pretty good, however the grill looks 'KIA' like.
2) Rear looks like one of those chop jobs done to duck the 4m rule (even though its not <4m in length)
3) Chrome Scrollers!!! Seriously!! Is that a feature?
4) No virtual cockpit even on the high end? (Even in the top end with aluminum pedals)
5) Request sensor for the passenger side as well? Or is it Skoda not bothering to change the pics as per RHD configuration?
6) One of the better implementations of the 'Floating type' screen, doesn't seem like one of those designs done just for the sake of giving a floating effect.
7) Are those paddle shifters peeping out in the last pic of the steering. Or is it just me?

Looking forward to the pricing
racer_ash is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:39   #34
BHPian

Impressed with the Kushaq's boxy dimensions. But felt it's a bit smaller than Creta and did a quick comparison.

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-c-vs-k.jpg

Glad to see that there only negligible difference in dimensions. Skoda seems to have a winner in hand
northstar* is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:39   #35
BHPian

Skoda seems to throwing everything in terms of features except smaller boot(385 ltrs) and panoramic sunroof.
That steering can be hit or miss but believe me it looks much better in person.
chaudharysaab is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:40   #36

As a recent DQ200 owner, I'm quite happy with VW/Skoda persisting with the gearbox. I was getting anxious about the availability of parts if God forbid, the thing breaks down, given that all the cars which had it have been discontinued or do not offer it anymore.
That apart, I love the product and if the price is right, I might even get the 1.0 manual. Fingers crossed!
raghuk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:41   #37
BHPian

Looks beautiful, though small. Somewhere between sub 4m SUVs and Creta/Seltos. Wonder why they didn't increase the overall length which would have resulted in a bigger boot, which is disappointing.

Have mixed feelings about the interior and that two spoke steering wheel doesn't appeal to me personally.

Hopefully Skoda would price it sensibly.

Last edited by Col Mehta : 18th March 2021 at 16:50.
Col Mehta is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:42   #38
BHPian

The Cruise Control is indeed there.
Just zoomed into this photo. (highlighted area).
The Cruise control buttons are on the left stalks for most of the VW/Skoda cars in India.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-20210318_162751.jpg  

neeraj08 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:44   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
If you notice, Skoda has used the words "Useable boot space". which means that you will get almost the full 385 L for use below the parcel shelf. The Spare wheel has a proper wheel well in which the spare wheel is fully recessed. They have even saved some space in the cabin/ boot by using the spare wheel space for mounting the Subwoofer.
In many cars (If you would have seen my thread on Boot space measurements - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...-your-car.html (Measuring the actual boot capacity of your car)) the boot space is mentioned incorrectly as they consider the space also occupied by the spare wheel also as part of the boot space value quoted - including the Jeep Compass, the Seltos, the Creta and even the Karoq. I have taken physical measurements of many of these cars and shared on that thread.
I guess while the Boot space is not massive (Like a sedan) it will be comparable to most CSUVs.
Thanks for the info. I also noticed that middle rear passenger has proper 3 point sear belt and not the lap belt. Overall a very good package with all necessary features. Pricing is the key.

Here is the quote from official team bhp reviews:
Quote:
At 433 liters, the Creta's boot space is identical to the Seltos. Even the boot layout is similar. It is larger than the Harrier's boot (425 liters) but way smaller than the MG Hector's (587 liters). We frankly feel the usable space is smaller than its 433L rating would indicate.
Quote:
Seltos: On paper, the 433-liter boot is larger than the Creta's (402 liters) and Harrier's (425 liters), but way smaller than the MG Hector's (587 liters). We frankly feel its smaller than its 433L rating would indicate.
gopi_rm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:45   #40
BHPian

Looks like a promising product and might hit the nerves of modern Indian buyers. I for one would love to own a Kushaq 1.5 in Carbon Steel colour complimenting my Rapid.

Last edited by sachin_cs : 18th March 2021 at 16:58.
Old 18th March 2021, 16:45   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
The mention that specifically caught my eye was the 7 speed DSG gearbox DQ200 for the 1.5ltr engine. Isn’t this the infamous gearbox that has time and again given grief to Skoda customers & to Skoda, in India?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leem View Post
DQ200.

I am hoping it is a new version
It's the same gearbox which does duty in Skoda Karoq and Volkswagen T-Roc, and there has been no issues with the gearbox reported anywhere. Moreover it has been some time since we heard of any issues with the gearbox in other cars as well. Skoda-volkswagen has got it right now, don't worry.
yesyeswe is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:49   #42
BHPian

Its really heartening to see that Skoda has provided 3-Point seat belt for middle passenger. A must have safety feature in my opinion.

Attachment 2134174[/quote]
Herr_Autobahn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:51   #43
BHPian

At 4.22m length, imho, it's a great size for an urban SUV!

The car looks great, looks to be very spacious inside, the long wheelbase has really made a substantial difference. Boot is more than enough as well. If the variant and delivery timelines are good, it will be great success for Skoda India.
Old 18th March 2021, 16:51   #44
BHPian

Great work Skoda India. Kushaq looks great in all those colours. Perhaps the only automaker in India who has never hesitated bringing in their best quality products to the Indian market. I like Kodiaq a lot ( after CRV 2007 model).

I think Kushaq is going to do very well not just in India but in other markets too. In India , this also means they need to up the ante in the after sales department. All the best !
hondafanboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:52   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
Looks like a promising product and might hit the nerves of modern Indian buyers. I for one would love to own a Kushaq 1.5 in Carbon Steel colour complimenting my Rapid.

On the interior picture shared above, I observed two buttons which suggest ventilated seats, but it was not mentioned in the static reveal. Can somebody confirm if it's indeed ventilation system for seats?
It indeed comes with ventilated seats and it was mentioned in the static reveal by Mr. Zac Hollis himself when he was going through some of the standout features of the Kushaq.

What I found interesting was their India-centric focus. Specifically mentioning that the front recess area can be used to place deities is a well thought out advertising strategy. Seems like a solid product with all the necessary features, including ESC as standard across the range. Hope this product does wonders for their Skoda 2.0 initiative.
Shiftlock is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks