Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2021, 21:53   #616

Re: Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Skoda Kushaq completes road-testing in India.

Skoda says Kushaq test cars in India have clocked almost 17 lakh kilometres.

New central development workshop takes care of Kushaq's testing in India [ the pics( Kushaq +Taigun) in the above posts are also from this workshop ]

Attachment 2160909

Attachment 2160911

Link
In the company's statement the horn has been put up behind the radiator grille, contrary to what has been quoted by you, Sir.
Old 27th May 2021, 09:00   #617
Senior - BHPian

Regarding dsg reliability post by Zac.

https://www.cartoq.com/skoda-indias-...-reliable/amp/
Old 27th May 2021, 19:18   #618
Senior - BHPian

Another short video of Taigun and Kushaq
Latheesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 19:50   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
https://Youtu.be/iYDPaRArnaU
The red Kushaq looks so good! Will choose this design over the new Creta/Seltos anyday. Both those cars always appeared overdesigned to me. This looks so elegant yet sporty especially in this red Just hope they have a dealership close to me soon after the launch of this car.
Old 27th May 2021, 19:52   #620
Distinguished - BHPian

The New ŠKODA KUSHAQ - Safety Overview

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th May 2021 at 19:54.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 22:22   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Kushaq may not be the tallest or widest in its segment but must say the length of the car gives it a presence. I felt that especially in the carbon steel, the first to drive past in this video.

In a design sense, I really like the Kushaq which isn't trying too hard to look the butch SUV part yet lends an understated presence that conveys it's much more than a large hatch.
Old 28th May 2021, 01:22   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Both the cars look well proportioned with presumably good driving dynamics for urban use! Exciting times ahead for the VW Group! Can't wait for the price reveal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1706 View Post
I felt that especially in the carbon steel, the first to drive past in this video.
That's a Taigun!
AshwinRS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 08:30   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1706 View Post
Kushaq may not be the tallest or widest in its segment but must say the length of the car gives it a presence. I felt that especially in the carbon steel, the first to drive past in this video.
Jut fyi, it is also the shortest car in the segment! Length is 4.2m, all cars in the segment are over 4.3m.
udaikalra01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 10:41   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshwinRS View Post
Both the cars look well proportioned with presumably good driving dynamics for urban use! Exciting times ahead for the VW Group! Can't wait for the price reveal!

That's a Taigun!
Yes! My bad! In that fleeting glimpse, couldn't make out from the side profile. On a closer look, saw the distinct difference in the tail light cluster, the wheels et al. The twins may look quite different from the front and the back but there are some similarities in the design between the front and rear wheels.
Old 28th May 2021, 12:22   #625
BHPian

The Kushaq feels so good on paper. I need a compact crossover as a replacement for my i20 active by this year end and I need an AT. While Kushaq ticks all the right boxes for me, the thought of unreliability and huge repair bills from the DQ200 just sends chills down the spine! I hope we do get the 1.0 TSi + TC AT combination with all bells and whistles!
octane_100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 12:40   #626
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda should offer 4 airbags as a minimum standard across all variants like the Honda City did and offer 6 airbags from the mid-variant upwards. This will totally pull the rug from under the wheels of the Seltos and Creta. Hyundai and Kia offer 6 airbags only in the highest variants which are very pricey.

Also, ESC being standard is a strong point in favor of the Kushaq. The Creta offers this only in the top two trims (SX and SX-O) - both of which sell for 17-22 lakhs on-road. If Skoda can position the Ambition 1.0 at around 11-12 lakhs ex-showroom with 6 airbags and ESC, it may turn out to be the safest SUVs in the class that one can buy under 15 lakhs.

BTW, My guess for Kushaq "introductory" ex-showroom prices:

1.0 MT Active - 9.99 Lakhs
1.0 MT Ambition - 11 Lakhs
1.0 AT Ambition - 12 Lakhs
1.0 AT Style - 13 lakhs
1.5 MT Ambition - 13 lakhs
1.5 MT Style - 14 lakhs
1.5 AT DSG Ambition - 14 lakhs
1.5 AT DSG Style - 15 lakhs
1.5 AT DSG L&K - 16 lakhs

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 28th May 2021 at 12:47.
Old 28th May 2021, 12:59   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Skoda..

Ambition 1.0 at around 11-12 lakhs ex-showroom with 6 airbags and ESC, it may turn out to be the safest SUVs in the class that one can buy under 15 lakhs.

BTW, My guess for Kushaq "introductory" ex-showroom prices:

1.0 MT Active - 9.99 Lakhs
1.0 MT Ambition - 11 Lakhs
1.0 AT Ambition - 12 Lakhs
1.0 AT Style - 13 lakhs
1.5 MT Ambition - 13 lakhs
1.5 MT Style - 14 lakhs
1.5 AT DSG Ambition - 14 lakhs
1.5 AT DSG Style - 15 lakhs
1.5 AT DSG L&K - 16 lakhs
I don't think they'll undercut the Koreans, my guess is an active variant with a below 10 lakhs price tag. The base will not be really available except on paper. The next variant will be at around 12.5, all the way up to 19-19.5 lakhs for the L&K (top variant). This will ensure a 5 lakhs gap with the karoq and octavia models
Old 28th May 2021, 13:12   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
The Kushaq feels so good on paper. I need a compact crossover as a replacement for my i20 active by this year end and I need an AT. While Kushaq ticks all the right boxes for me, the thought of unreliability and huge repair bills from the DQ200 just sends chills down the spine! I hope we do get the 1.0 TSi + TC AT combination with all bells and whistles!
Yes, I am also waiting for top model 1.0 tsi + TC Auto. Would be best in business for this segment and for years to come. Hopefully would retail around 15.5 lakhs ex- showroom
Old 28th May 2021, 14:17   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
I don't think they'll undercut the Koreans, my guess is an active variant with a below 10 lakhs price tag. The base will not be really available except on paper. The next variant will be at around 12.5, all the way up to 19-19.5 lakhs for the L&K (top variant). This will ensure a 5 lakhs gap with the karoq and octavia models
Why shouldn't they, especially when they are launching it to rival the Korean Twins. If at all they didn't want to compete, they wouldn't have put in so much effort. That 1.0 TSI is there to make the Creta/Seltos look overpriced. While the 1.5 petrol will be priced at premium. Looking at all the efforts the company has put in under SkodaVW 2.0, I am sure they are looking at volumes from these 2 cars, especially they themselves know that aftersales network cannot be matched.

So, Skoda/Volkswagen will be saying -

Listen guys, we now have 2 products developed for India and they belong to high volumes segment. The ace in our sleeve is that we don't have any fierce competition from our rival brands apart from Korean Twins which have created a niche of their own in the market. People know our Brands Philosophy very well, we definitely trump them in terms of Quality & Safety along with our Trademark Characters like Driving Pleasure and Clever Touches Inside. So, we just need to up our service quality by forgetting about past and start a fresh innings. Rest Assured, that once a customer walks into our showrooms to have a 1st look, I think he'll not look anywhere else because we need to value that Age Old thought "First Impression is a Lasting Impression" so, we have products which are different from the usual and also promise something to buyer. Hence we are on right track to make an impact and we must make sure that we do well in key aspects and pricing is one of them, we must stay competitive and make sure the customer doesn't head to rival showrooms just by looking at the prices on Website/Pricelist before even experiencing the car.

Alright, now let's make a move and achieve this feat from our First Launch, the "Skoda Kushaq", which will be a turnaround for the brand Skoda in Highly Competitive Indian Market. Let's wait and watch the response from the buyers. End.

Buyers will be like -

Hey this car is very nice to look at. It's also well priced, shall we visit the showroom to have first glance. Post visit, the buyer will be impressed by typical Skoda/VW traits (Tough build, Premium Interiors, Excellent Road Manners, Clever Features, Choice of Engine's & Gearbox Options) all this at a good prices. Why does anyone want to buy the now common Creta & Seltos ? This is definitely better option now, let's buy it.

This will be the opinion among the buyers looking at cars in that range, and this itself is enough to convince Skoda/VW that these 2 (Kushaq & Taigun) are big hopes for them going forward.

I have very high confidence that Skoda & VW will surprise Indian's this time.
CarguyNish is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 16:15   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
VW T-ROC which was a CBU import was sold for 19.9L until recently with 1.5TSI+DSG gearbox(and Panoramic glass roof). If they decide to price Kushaq 19.5L, how could possibly Skoda/VW justify selling the 95% localized car which is a segment below t-roc for the similar price?
SBM3J is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed