Team-BHP - New Corolla to hit Indian roads in August 2008
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Corolla to hit Indian roads in August 2008 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/23478-new-corolla-hit-indian-roads-august-2008-a.html)

To quote ACI top news, new Corolla is about to hit the roads.

Most Important point: Expected with a 2.0L 125BHP CRDI version :)

Source: New Corolla a mini-Camry

Mods: If you feel the thread subject is too futuristic, please close the same.

the new collora is going to be a civic beater i waiting for it to came

and now i hear that it has a diesel to

Depending on pricing this car should stir this segment.

It is quality solid car. The diesel engines on these Toyota are on par (if not better) than German diesel engines (VW etc).

An eponymous move for Toyota India

Aug 2008 ! Thats a little too late, Toyota should act on this asap!

I had read this some months back in TOI and was really awaiting it.
But Last month in TOI Itself, Corolla sales had gone up drastically, even more than what toyota guys had anticipated and they had clearly told that there are no plans in bringing in new model....

May be they dont want these rumors to ruin the good run corolla is showing after all....wat u say guys??

What:Shockked: The camry has the proportions to carry off that futuristic look.This is going to make the corolla alienish looking.
And why the skoda ishtyle,..cant they design their cars differently??

Quote:

Originally Posted by manikjeet (Post 421981)

the new collora is going to be a civic beater i waiting for it to came

and now i hear that it has a diesel to

The diesel will be priced at par with the skoda Tdi.So the petrol 1.8 category will still be dominated by the Civic,Imho.

don't expect before 2009 !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by navdeep (Post 422040)
don't expect before 2009 !!

i think toyota cann't delay it more than mid 2008 as the civic is already eatting the sales and the new city is coming next year so they cann't carry long in the city segment

Civic is still the better looking of the two.... if Honda too decides to take the diesel route ( I am sure they wouldn't like to be left behind toyota) then we can expect the fabulous 2.2 in civic which will be a killer blow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manikjeet (Post 422044)
i think toyota cann't delay it more than mid 2008 as the civic is already eatting the sales and the new city is coming next year so they cann't carry long in the city segment

I feel 2009 because launches are usually delayed .. let see

yes, i think civic looks better too also honda has been always on more demand compare to toyota in india but lets see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 422024)
Aug 2008 ! Thats a little too late, Toyota should act on this asap!

I initially heard that the new Corolla would be out before the end of the next fiscal which would be March '08. Now they are saying Aug 2008. I will not be surprised if by the time the new Corolla comes out in India, the rest of the world will already have geared up for a facelift of the new one.

Also, I believe Toyota is planning another model, the VIOS to be launched earlier than that....to be pegged against the City and Optra.
Btw, the Dual VVT-i expected in these new cars is Toyota's newest marvel in petrol engines and should be able to put the Civic away without a whimper in terms of performance and FE.

by then there should be million civics on the road. and then people might get bored and start to take these then. is this mart. strategy that no head to head competition only after one phases out one comes in

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesal (Post 422336)
by then there should be million civics on the road. and then people might get bored and start to take these then. is this mart. strategy that no head to head competition only after one phases out one comes in

Yawn...2000 what...HMMM...jab aayeja tab dehkha jayega...we dont want to be fooled like we did with the fabia....

P.S Learn to pick up your phone.