Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2021, 18:24   #76
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Kia Seltos to get a panoramic sunroof soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
So will the Kia Seltos Gravity be slotted above the GTX+ trim?And the existing lineup will get only minor updates? Is that the understanding?

Just read an article from Autocar India which states that Gravity trim is not the only variant. Check it out.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-option-420503
Cyber_Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 20:39   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber_Samurai View Post
Just read an article from Autocar India which states that Gravity trim is not the only variant. Check it out.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-option-420503
Smart move by Kia to bring in iMT with 1.5NA HTK+ variant.. With ex-showroom price of about 12 Lacs, it is in sweet spot for people not willing to spend more on HTX IVT or Creta SX IVT if they do not care about the bling features and just need an automatic. Bring it on

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 14th April 2021 at 20:46.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 12:17   #78

I got a call from my SA yesterday and he told me they had a presentation of all the new changes.
1. No panoramic sunroof.
2. No gravity edition (this is weird to me too so take it with a pinch of salt)
3. ESP, traction control and paddle shifters (for IVT) for the HTX
4. The biggest change is the addition of the iMT to the HTK+ along with sunroof and automatic climate control.

So not all the changes we wanted but the changes we needed.
pra2seven is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 22:44   #79
Senior - BHPian

Updated Kia Seltos launch on April 27 at 11:30AM

Venkatesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 01:40   #80
BHPian

It's about time Kia at least brought the game to it's siblings level. The panoramic sunroof was a luxury, but the lack of basics like Hill Hold, ESP, TPMS etc, in a 16.50 Lakh rupee car (HTX IVT), was reason enough for people to pay an extra 50 grand and go for the Creta, then throw in the panoramic sunroof and you have Hyundai running to the bank.
KaurDiCar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 12:48   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaurDiCar View Post
It's about time Kia at least brought the game to it's siblings level.
From my personal experience with the test drive and booking process, I got a feeling that Kia was never so much focussed on IVT model but have been pushing DCT models. Be it test drive or features on offer or even the IVT engine tuning for that matter, one could see that the IVT is treated like a step son. It's only after the onslaught by Creta which offered IVT with all the bells and whistles that Kia realized they got to treat this model better. Hope there is no unpleasant surprise at the time of launch about the variants, features spread or price.
Old 24th April 2021, 13:32   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pra2seven View Post
I got a call from my SA yesterday and he told me they had a presentation of all the new changes.
1. No panoramic sunroof.
4. The biggest change is the addition of the iMT to the HTK+ along with sunroof and automatic climate control.

Good to know that they are adding sunroof and ACC in HTK+ as well.

Did your dealer say about any addition of features in GTX+ and below (HTX+, HTX, HTK+) as well?

And, is Kia introducing fully loaded GTX+ Diesel MT in Seltos?
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 11:11   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pra2seven View Post
1. No panoramic sunroof.

Um, No Gravity edition is a little hard to digest, because, all those ads hinting at “Newton and Gravity” just don’t make sense if they aren’t going to launch the Gravity. So, I guess, we can reserve our comments until 27th on this one.

Also, no matter what most of our thoughts are on the panoramic sun roof, I guess Kia definitely has missed the trick by deciding against it. Creta is still going to lead the sales chart IMHO.

And don’t understand what’s with all the videos on YouTube (in the last two days) claiming Kia Sonet is getting refreshed on 27th Apr 2021 with not just the logo change but variants and features additions. So, I guess, both Sonet and Seltos are getting refreshed on the same date?!
Cyber_Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 11:20   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Did your dealer say about any addition of features in GTX+ and below (HTX+, HTX, HTK+) as well?
No, he did not mention anything about any other varients. I tried probing him more but he only called me and informed about the IVT because I have been pestering him for the last 2 weeks.
pra2seven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 12:49   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber_Samurai View Post
Also, no matter what most of our thoughts are on the panoramic sun roof, I guess Kia definitely has missed the trick by deciding against it. Creta is still going to lead the sales chart IMHO.
Went to the showroom recently and SA said Panoramic sunroof is coming to all existing variants that have sunroofs.

She said it will look the same as Creta. She didn't give any info about any other features or the new Gravity variant.
anto1212 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 17:57   #86
Senior - BHPian

Panaromic/no panaromic, Gravity /no Gravity edition... Omg the suspense is killing me
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 19:29   #87
BHPian

My guess is Gravity edition will be launched and panoramic sunroof will be there in it along with gtx plus model.

Gravity edition might be replacement for htx plus as in the recent notice we saw that Kia has discontinued htx plus automatic (diesel).
Old 26th April 2021, 18:19   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like there is no ‘Gravity Edition’ for the Seltos. No panoramic sunroof as well. GTX has been renamed to GTX(O).

2021 Seltos feature list leaked.

Rumour: Kia Seltos to get a panoramic sunroof soon-f15d4780fb524ca78474d1d9c18cb59d.jpeg

Rumour: Kia Seltos to get a panoramic sunroof soon-5e617c7ba3634f67ab93aac54b8988a8.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/COIRZW0g...=10o1t027i9mhr

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 26th April 2021 at 18:22.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 18:34   #89
BHPian

Here is the detailed video on the updated 2021 Seltos!

Was quite disappointed to see that they didn't add another variant in Diesel AT and there will be a price difference of around 4L between HTK+ Diesel AT and GTX+ Diesel AT and I feel that they could have introduced HTX Diesel AT to fill the gap between HTK+ and GTX+ so that people can prefer buying this variant instead of spending an extra 2L on GTX+!

I'm at least happy that they've added extra safety features from the HTX variant but sad to see that they didn't add those features in HTK+, which is quite disappointing and that too, even after adding some kit like the sunroof, FATC in iMT variant!

They could have added a fully loaded Diesel MT top-end with 6 airbags in order to compete with its cousin, Creta, and others like Hector, Harrier, and what's irony is, even its cheaper sibling, the Sonet is getting a fully loaded Diesel MT top-end version with 6 airbags while the Seltos is getting HTX+ with 2 airbags as the top-end version in Diesel MT!

And, I see that they didn't add paddle shifters in the HTX IVT variant, which is quite disappointing!

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 26th April 2021 at 18:54.
car_guy1998 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 19:04   #90
AZT
BHPian

So panoramic sunroof continues to be Creta only feature. Seems like they are purposely handicapping the Seltos to let Creta shine brighter.
AZT is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks