Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2021, 12:10   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Aravind Automobiles release new logo; brand revival on cards?

Have to say I am super biased as the company was based in my city and the new logo also prominently displays my city name., though the new operations are rumoured to be based from Bengaluru.

Read about the Aravind car in TeamBHP a decade ago, but when the current social media rounds started two years ago, was pretty sure something was cooking. Especially when vloggers took over the subject.

From their social media interactions they are planning to make a big bang with a Nurburgring record and the car proposed to cost over a crore. All these within a timeline of 2029-30.

But the fact is other than sketches shown, there isn't anything concrete to show. By their words, they are getting the legal stuff right before even restoring the Aravind Model 3. Also they are yet to get their funding right. Guess they are going to base the first model on a foreign car first before going all original. Like @GTO said, the entry barriers for new companies have come down considerably with BEVs, but most are still stuck at the funding stage.

Wishing them luck.
DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 14:00   #17
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Nice to hear this happening. I want them to turn into an Indian TVR of sorts, making inexpensive and light performance vehicle. Or they could do to local brands what Alpina does with BMW (imagine a really fast 160hp Nexon/XUV300 with Aravind badging). They could even make absolutely class defining things like 1.0L I4 or 2.0L V6 and plonk it in a C-segment RWD drivetrain body. But then again, just my wishes and nothing more. Seeing DC behind bars gives me confidence, though.
Old 26th March 2021, 15:02   #18
BHPian

That is a very regal and impressive logo. Will look nice on niche cars. Best wishes to makers for their second innings
Old 27th March 2021, 09:02   #19
BHPian

Wishing them all the luck they need to get this up and running.

Maybe they can make specific models that are affordable and easy to maintain. This will encourage people to go (risk) for it.

I sincerely hope they don't go to the premium segment. That's maybe for the future.

San motors is also a company that comes to my mind. I think they had a car with an engine from Renault. Don't know how much they sold but car used to look dope
Old 27th March 2021, 10:07   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Have to say I am super biased as the company was based in my city and the new logo also prominently displays my city name.
Same here , hence reported the news to GTO for the news team to consider if it's relevant.

Like GTO and the others mentioned - what is planned is a huge ask for a small player, even considering the lower entry barrier for EVs in recent times. I remain sceptical about the end result, but wishing them all the best as there are a few things about their approach which has really impressed me till now.

1. Using their heritage properly (understandable because that's the main asset they have for now)
2. Being very thorough, detailed and putting their heart into every single thing they are doing currently - including the development of this logo.

Inspiration behind the logo is the 'Komban' (a male elephant with large tusks). Here the logo is imagined as a young elephant born in 1956 and leaving the heard in about 10 years as the Baby Model 3 was born.

Aravind Automobiles release new logo; brand revival on cards?-aravind-emblem-profile-photos.png

And here it is imagined as if he is 65 years old today, immortalised to live on forever, standing left foot forward like a god, wearing a lotus bud crown, under the umbrella, armed with swords and shields.

Aravind Automobiles release new logo; brand revival on cards?-thefirstindiancarpost2021_03_25_18_341.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Can't help but feel they went emulating Porsche there with that logo.
May be the answer to this, or someone else's similar query is on their Instagram story. Put together, there doesn't seem to be any resemblance other than the shield shape, which is also used by many other makers in different formats.

Aravind Automobiles release new logo; brand revival on cards?-screenshot_20210327093215_instagram.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 11:35   #21
BHPian

This should be a big hit in Delhi. Just that they should come up with a mass market proposition for the "aam aadmi"

Pj's aside. I love that logo. It will be interesting to see the company's development. But for a 2030 target isn't it to early to go to press? Let's hope they have some surprises planned up.
400notout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 21:06   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
Let's hope they have some surprises planned up.
The plans are clear - they will targeting low volume luxury segment.

The execution remains to be seen.

Aravind Automobiles release new logo; brand revival on cards?-screenshot_20210327205218_instagram.jpg

Aravind Automobiles release new logo; brand revival on cards?-screenshot_20210327205230_instagram.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 14:23   #23
BHPian

Aravind Automobiles? Brand Revival? Luxury Cars?

Never heard of this name before except Arvind Mills which makes clothes. I googled and found this: https://gomechanic.in/blog/aravind-car-india-history/ Who knows how many such forgotten brands exist in the world..
CarNerd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 14:32   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearless_IN View Post
IMHO, the logo and name of the company seem don't have any global vision to establish as a brand. Even today, Indians look for very fancy brand names to associate with. And this is very big reason to go viral. With Aravind Automobiles, the name looks typically local. If they are reviving the brand, they should look forward in a better way. More logical way of establishing the name and the logo. India is looking forward to make local for global.
Two words for you:
1. Maruti
2. Mahindra
wrongturn is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 15:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The plans are clear - they will targeting low volume luxury segment.

The execution remains to be seen.

Attachment 2137615

Attachment 2137616

Interesting !! If are targeting Luxury segment, competing with established luxury brands are nearly impossible. But what if they are going in the routes of Coach-builders.
Take an established luxury car,spice it up, customize interiors and exteriors, Only built based on orders. I guess this might be their initial strategy. But I really doubt if there is a customer base for such cars.
Adam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 21:08   #26
S15
BANNED

This reminds me of a thread I created on WatchUSeek.

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/b...brand.4685813/

Its about an Indian brand that wanted to enter into the world of fine watchmaking (something thats been the domain of the Swiss, and the Japanese to a lesser extent).

You can also see the brand's creator come and post a couple of messages n the above thread, but looks like things didn't really work out.

I fear a similar fate for Aravind.

PS: I appreciate their offer for the Prime Sedan, but I hope they realize how intricate bullet-proofing science is, and that it wouldn't be easy to clear the tests.
S15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 22:09   #27
BHPian

No intention to discourage, but this is just an investor pitch introduction slides content.

Unless they have a very close tie-up with some good OEM, this won't make it through. Not because of lack of innovation, but the milestones which they have to cross to have a fully stable automobile is very rigorous.
starke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 12:08   #28
BHPian

Eh? Something they're planning now, slated for launch in 2031?!

Yeah. Good luck with that.

We have no idea what the automotive landscape is going to look like in India in ten years time. To plan so far ahead is silly. Not even BMW would know what cars or what kind of cars they'll be making five years from now, let alone a whole decade.

I know very little- almost nothing, really- but even I can tell that if you're not quick on your feet and don't adapt to the ever changing technology and aspirations of the people that go with it, you're not getting very far.

Black and rose gold does not a 'premium' logo make. Nor does the needlessly repetitive use of the word "marque".
Singh101 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 02:32   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
Two words for you:
1. Maruti
2. Mahindra
who failed miserably at selling anything in luxury segment.
blackbeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 12:14   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
who failed miserably at selling anything in luxury segment.
That would be nitpicking, and that too very selective. They both are strong contender in their respective segments of expertise, Maruti has been an undisputed leader for ages now. Can you even imagine an Indian car scene without Maruti Suzuki India Limited or Mahindra Jeeps? Mahindra was the leader in SUV segment for a long time when your beloved foreign manufacturers were reluctant to give us good products, and they still are.

So they failed in the 'Luxury Segment' ..but so did:
1. Hyundai
2. Volkswagen
3. Ford (exception: The new Endeavor, to some extent)
4. Chevrolet.
5. MG.
6. Honda.
Amongst others.

Mahindra is selling ₹2M cars here, both the XUV 5OO and Scorpio costs almost ₹2M on road and the next gen would be only costlier. TATA is doing well with the Harrier & the new Safari.

Also, Toyota only has two successful products, the Innovation & The Fortuner. Their half hearted attempts like etios, etios liva, yaris which weren't in the 'Luxury Segment' and even the corolla weren't actually successful. That would make even Toyota a failure if we compared successful products vs failed ones.

Judging success based on segments would be like nitpicking given they have a strong presence in the segment of their expertise.

To be precise, Beamer, Benz and....well nothing, even Audi failed.

It's hilarious how the very people who bash Baleno & Brezza for built quality are the very ones who praise the same cars with the a Toyota badge sticked on them, talking endlessly about the peace of mind and reliability that apparently comes along with that badge. Hypocrisy at it's best.

So, please stop discrediting Indian car manufacturers, just because they are Indian and have Indian names, TATA included.

Last edited by wrongturn : 5th April 2021 at 12:20.
wrongturn is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks