Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2021, 11:26   #376
BHPian

Re: VW to launch Tiguan 5-seater SUV in 2021

The price of Tiguan was somewhat expected considering the price of Octavia and Tiguan Allspace. Also, it justifies both Jeep Compass and Citroen C5 prices.
Another point that we should assume now is that upcoming SUVs in this segment ( from Korean twins and Skoda ) would also be priced similarly. Let's not expect cheaper prices from them.
I believe all these new launches ( in D1 segment ) will make Jeep Compass look more Value for Money product. Maybe Jeep Compass' sales figure will increase further.

Who would buy Tiguan?
* Tiguan will appeal a lot more to those ~1% ( this percentage is more if we consider just Team BHPians ) who love a VAG for what it offers ( and understand what it offers ). The VAG fans ( I mean this in a positive sense ).
* Anyone who wants that 2.0-litre TSI motor ( with 187 bhp and 320 Nm of peak torque ) and DSG combo.
* I think the main selling point of Tiguan would be its powerful engine and driving dynamics in this segment.

Tiguan vs Compass
* Tiguan for that 2.0 litre TSI + DSG combo
* Tiguan for better space than Jeep Compass ( an actual 5 seater and bigger boot ).
* For everything else, Jeep Compass.
* I believe Jeep Compass has better feature list, interior ( perceptional ), stance ( perceptional ) and price.
* Jeep Compass if don't mind the compact space as compared to Tiguan.

Tiguan vs C5 Aircross
* C5 for better interiors ( perceptional )
* C5 for more comfortable ride
* C5 for diesel engine
* Tiguan for better driving dynamics and sportier ride.

Tiguan vs Korean Twin ( when launched )
* Korean twins for a lot more feature list.
* Korean twins for better interior ( perceptional )
* Korean twins for a more comfortable ride.
* Korean twins for more stylish exterior design and stance ( perceptional ).
* Tiguan for better driving dynamics and sportier ride.

Quick Note :- I had to make sure that I type Tiguan and not Taigun. Damn its so confusing at times

Last edited by rAijin_ : 9th December 2021 at 11:28.
rAijin_ is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 11:37   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

1. Jeep Compass
2. All new Tucson
3. VW Tiguan
4. Jeep Meridian
5. Skoda Kodiaq
My personal view on this. Happy to hear alternate opinions.

If Meridian carries forward the same gearbox tuning and the narrow cabin of Compass, they will be deal breakers for many.

Tucson will check most boxes in my opinion. Though good, won't be as great to drive as the others listed here.

I think Kodiaq will seriously deflect the potential Tiguan customers. I can imagine myself to be one of them. What'll be a small compromise for me will be the bigger size that I don't need and comparatively slightly lower mileage (although Tiguan and Kodiaq just differ in weight by 5%). But I think Kodiaq as a product will be a lot more attractive package with better interiors, features, and an excellent audio system.
Ojas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 10:40   #378
rbp
BHPian

rbp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 21:57   #379
AKB
BHPian

Just an observation, a car is DOA when they have just one post on TBHP thread during the entire day in the first week post launch
AKB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 22:29   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKB View Post
Just an observation, a car is DOA when they have just one post on TBHP thread during the entire day in the first week post launch
It's been more of bashing . Some potential prospective buyers (even with new price) will think 10 times now reading all posts here to justify cost.
Old 10th December 2021, 22:41   #381

Visited the VW showroom today, it was available for viewing (Pure White)with both dealers in Gurgaon,(Sohna Road,MG Road), The vehicle looks bigger in person than the Jeep Compass for sure, the legroom is better at the rear is superior, The bonnet was visible from my driving position, lacks certain features expected at this price point such as :

• No Ventilated Seats (Has heated steering and seats on the front)
  • No 360 parking cameras
  • No Branded Sound System

The light signature of the rear lights looks cool on starting up, even the headlights do a matrix sweep when turned on.
The boot space as 610 Liters is massive.
One thing I noticed was the presence of MIN 95 RON sticker inside the fuel filler cap, wonder how will that affect performance. I don't know if its just me but the lower grill and the upper grilles have huge spaces between them, concerned about stones damaging the radiator or any other internals.
Dealer had very little clue about the features about the Tiguan(Sohna Road), says Test drive vehicle will arrive around 15th of this month.

Attached Price List for Gurgaon and Product Details.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NEW TIGUAN PRICE LIST new.pdf (13.4 KB, 196 views)
File Type: pdf New Tiguan Product Presentation.pdf (1.83 MB, 229 views)
darknight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 23:11   #382
BHPian

The wheel-hub caps on the new Tiguan are self-leveling. I guess that's a first in a mainstream car in India.

As reported by Sirish Chandran:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CXSWZ...on_share_sheet
neeraj08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 06:43   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj08 View Post
The wheel-hub caps on the new Tiguan are self-leveling. I guess that's a first in a mainstream car in India.

As reported by Sirish Chandran:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CXSWZ...on_share_sheet
Good to know that this feature is available in the Indian variant. I had seen this feature on a few YouTube videos of the European and US versions. Was hoping that they would give it here is well. Was not sure as none of the ‘journalists’ mentioned it in the initial launch walk around. I have to admit, it does look cool.
I was looking at the brochure, it mentions that the Tiguan has a digital cockpit-pro. Can anyone confirm that it supports navigation as well?
Old 11th December 2021, 10:35   #384
BHPian

I wonder what will happen to the power, pick up etc. and how efficient the Tiguan will be and work once more ethanol is introduced in fuel as per Gadkari.

Mod Note: Our Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Preview has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 11th December 2021 at 16:21. Reason: Preview link added
magikrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks