Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2021, 19:15   #106
BHPian

Re: VW to launch Tiguan 5-seater SUV in 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudno19 View Post
I am in market for this one and eagerly waiting for it's launch with a wishful expectation of it being 38 lacs on road here in Pune as well, but for that this would need to be priced under 30lacs ex showroom.
If it is anywhere around 35lacs on road, I shall be rejoicing but the chances of that seems tiny post Skoda Octavia pricing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinS View Post
Looks like you and me are in same boat man . Looking for an upgrade for my 2011 honda city which is driven only 42k km . Touchwood it has never given me any trouble in a decade . I wouldn’t mind keeping the car for another 5years but I don’t feel confident and safe while driving on highways anymore.
Waited for an octavia for 6 months and sorely disappointed by the price ,lack of sunroof,no black/brown interiors as an option .An octavia rs would be cherry on the top but it isn’t here yet. My budget is max 35lakh on road. The only option I love in my budget is superb sportsline but I have two doubts major one is ground clearance as my honda city scraped a thousand times around the place I live in and secondly I ll keep my car for atleast 8 years and new Gen superb will be there in 2023.
So waiting for Tiguan or octavia rs(only if CKD) seems to be my only options before i take a plunge. Wish could find a pre owned bmw 330i 2019 model in my budget .
Even i will skip the tiguan if its anything more than 35 on road. my extended family has a superb and a tucson. The superb incredibly has more boot space, drives faster and if you are not offroading works largely ok. GC is not an issue in mumbai and even for highway drives.

For tiguan i have another concern around the fuel quality in India. i researched a bit and it seems they new TSI engines need 95 RON fuel else the engine may start knocking after a few thousand kms. may be the allspace owners would be able to throw some light on this.
AP_1812 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 17:08   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinS View Post
Looks like you and me are in same boat man . Looking for an upgrade for my 2011 honda city which is driven only 42k km . Touchwood it has never given me any trouble in a decade . I wouldn’t mind keeping the car for another 5years but I don’t feel confident and safe while driving on highways anymore.
Waited for an octavia for 6 months and sorely disappointed by the price ,lack of sunroof,no black/brown interiors as an option .An octavia rs would be cherry on the top but it isn’t here yet. My budget is max 35lakh on road. The only option I love in my budget is superb sportsline but I have two doubts major one is ground clearance as my honda city scraped a thousand times around the place I live in and secondly I ll keep my car for atleast 8 years and new Gen superb will be there in 2023.
So waiting for Tiguan or octavia rs(only if CKD) seems to be my only options before i take a plunge. Wish could find a pre owned bmw 330i 2019 model in my budget .
Vipin just out of curiosity, why are you not confident or feel unsafe driving the Honda City on the high way. Is it the Ground Clearance or some thing else. I have driven a relatives Honda City several times on long drive and wanted to check if I am missing some thing. I am also waiting for Tiguan to release and now have also test Driven the Tucson and loved the engine / GB combo. Not sure when the 2021 model is expected to come in

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
As per the conversation with the Pune car dealer around April 21, it was supposed to be CKD and not CBU for sure.
Reading the VW announcements on India plan, dont think this will be a CBU. VW used the CBU route to fill in the gaps and the India bound Tiguan is certainly an India specific release and so may not be a CBU. I really hope so. If its a CBU, the cost will be north of 40 L for sure (the ex show room price)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Huge difference between MH pricing for imports and pricing in other states. In MH, any import (and for that matter, any corporate registration) is subject to a 20% one time tax. So a ₹ 33 l ex show room would get you to a ₹ 40 l OTR price. Would be ₹2-3 l lower in most other states. Don’t see how the Tiguan will come in at much less than that level. The 2.0 TSI DSG Tiguan (not Allspace) lists at GBP 36,900 or over ₹37 l in the UK - so at ₹ 33 l, you would be getting at at below UK prices despite 60% import duty and 50% GST. VW is undoubtedly selling its high end imports at a loss in India just to preserve the brand - all in the hope that they recover this through sales of the Taigun, Kushaq et al. If the MQB A0 IN strategy fails, we will see one more player exit India in the next 4-5 years.
Well put in. The Company was going the Ford way in 2017, the JV talks failed and they got a board approval to invest massive amounts for its India Strategy. If Kushaq does not get the numbers, I am sure that VW will put plug some time as they cant burn money. I feel VAG does not have the speed and agility to compete with Koreans IMHO (At least India team). They should have hired the Rakesh Srivastava who went to Nissan from Hyundai

Last edited by ajmat : 13th September 2021 at 22:28.
Old 14th September 2021, 02:04   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
Vipin just out of curiosity, why are you not confident or feel unsafe driving the Honda City on the high way. Is it the Ground Clearance or some thing else.
Ok! Honda City is a great all rounder, but it lacks that high speed stability and doesn’t feel much confident out on our relatively unsafe highways when speeds are in 3 digits. As mine is a 2011 model, it doesn’t have many safety features like traction control, 6 airbags, etc. Also the ground clearance is what is making me wait for upcoming Tiguan or Kodiaq facelifts. Otherwise an Octavia / Superb or used 3-Series would be some great options to upgrade from my Honda City. I have scrapped my Honda City hard over 100 times in just 42k kms it has covered. This is also one of the reasons I don’t feel confident enough to take my car to unknown places.

Last edited by GTO : 14th September 2021 at 09:38. Reason: Poorly Typed Posts. Please type your posts out perfectly (language, punctuation, grammar, spacing, capitalization)
vipinS is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 16th September 2021, 16:09   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
I am also confused between Jeep Compass Diesel Automatic OTR of 32 L vs the Tiguan which will be launched.
I can relate. I recently test drove the Jeep Compass, albeit in the Petrol Automatic avatar. On that short drive, I didn't experience any problem as such, but wasn't able to really get a feel of the engine. A longer test drive is on the cards, which I hope will help me resolve the doubts in my mind.

The wait for the new Tiguan has been endless. I don't think I'll be able to take a decision till it has been launched.
Old 22nd September 2021, 01:02   #110
BHPian

Is the new Tiguan going to be larger compared to the last gen Tiguan 5 seater? The last generation looked pretty compact but the International spec for the new generation model says it’s more than 4600 mm! If the rear seat space is improved in new generation model, then it’ll be preferable over upcoming Kodiaq for those looking for a good comfy 5 seater suv.

Also many have said that the VW recommendation for the 2 ltr TSI unit is 95 octane petrol. Which can be a downer while taking outstation. Can existing owners of the current Allspace please throw some light on it as to how does the engine behave if only 91 octane fuel is used. Does it make less punchy or more noisy or can feel more vibrations? What fuel do you use regularly?

Thank you.

Last edited by magikrider : 22nd September 2021 at 01:04.
Old 22nd September 2021, 03:08   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Is the new Tiguan going to be larger compared to the last gen Tiguan 5 seater? The last generation looked pretty compact but the International spec for the new generation model says it’s more than 4600 mm! If the rear seat space is improved in new generation model, then it’ll be preferable over upcoming Kodiaq for those looking for a good comfy 5 seater suv.

Thank you.
The 2021 tiguan is a face-lift so it's doubtful the dimensions will see a major change in dimensions. The 7 seater sold globally would be 4.6M in length.
lamborghini is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 17:58   #112

I am looking for an upgrade for my Vento Tdi 2011 Model and was seriously hoping for the new Tiguan to be available before I have to give away my Vento due to more than 10 year old diesel vehicle ban in Delhi NCR.

But alas, with no visibility of launch date for Tiguan, now I am getting inclined for Jeep Compass 2.0 D AT.

Tiguan all space is also not available anymore in Gurgaon and with Ford's exit endeavor is not an option anymore. Citreon C5 Aircross is also an option but as of now Compass seems to be overpowering it basis my criterion. Any other option that I should consider in this segment ?
Old 23rd September 2021, 18:43   #113
BHPian

In today’s unveiling Ashish Gupta did say that they are gearing up for launch of 2 new products.

Tiguan definitely will be in the roadmap for this year. Volkswagen will not miss festive period.

Apart from Taigun launch, management has nothing much to showcase for the year.
Old 23rd September 2021, 23:12   #114
BHPian

Tiguan launch end of November. Confirmed by Ashish Gupta.

Skip: 11:45

Link

Credits: whatcar
Old 23rd September 2021, 23:21   #115
BHPian

What would be the price range of the 5 seated Tiguan? How much more premium can we expect over a Taigun
Old 23rd September 2021, 23:59   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
What would be the price range of the 5 seated Tiguan? How much more premium can we expect over a Taigun
Two different products.

It was planned as CKD and if this still stands true then 34.5-37 lakhs on road. I would be surprised if Volkswagen plans to sell this at any lower price point for flagship model.

In case of CBU, it will be on a higher side.

If these don’t sell in expected numbers then expect discounts in FY-22 only. Audi is still selling last years Q2.

Interesting there was no specific mention of Tiguan All Space. This model is still listed on Volkswagen website.

Last edited by CircleOfLife : 24th September 2021 at 00:01.
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 01:28   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Two vastly different cars in different segments, so no real scope for comparison or cross-shopping. However as an explainer, The Tiguan is a D1 segment SUV and is at the vey least one full segment (if not two) above the Taigun which would be a C2 SUV. Think City vs Civic or more contextually appropriate Creta vs Tucson.

On level terms (localised production) you would typically expect comparable variants to have a 8-10 lakh price differential. But since the Tiguan is bound to be either CKD or CBU, pricing would have the additional premium so expect the highest variant to be around 12-15L more than the Taigun. Pricing would be roughly 32L (ex-showroom) for the lower variant and ~34-35L for the highest if not more.

Given how Škoda priced the Octavia, it wouldn't be a surprise if the Tiguan was sold at ~35-37L as @CircleOfLife mentioned above. But there have been rumours (dealer/ grapevine) to suggest that the Tiguan would come in at 28-32L bracket if VW wants to be a touch more aggressive.

Last edited by AamodB : 24th September 2021 at 01:35.
AamodB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 10:54   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tiguan premium/price should be ~100% over Taigun, going by the facelift reviews.
Old 25th September 2021, 06:55   #119
BHPian

My two cents would be to say it would be a very bad strategy to have Tiguan anywhere touching the 30L mark.I don't see any reason why it should be higher than the discontinued Karoq considering Tiguan would be a CKD and would save on duties. Karoq was ~25L ex-showroom when discontinued.Also it is amply clear that Skoda is playing the part of more expensive sibling in Indian market as opposed to other countries.
Anything above 27-28L ex-showroom would be dead on arrival because then we are looking at 40+ ex-showroom for Kodiaq and Allspace twins. If there is too small a gap between Tiguan and Kodiaq twins then the smaller sibling would be badly cannibalized.
But again time would tell whether they want to play value or volume game.
Old 30th September 2021, 13:20   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Tiguan facelift India launch in November

- The five-seat Tiguan facelift is going to be locally assembled and will be a petrol-only model
- 190hp, 2.0 TSI engine and AWD will come as standard
- It will get a tweaked interior and updated features list

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ovember-422170
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks