Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2021, 18:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace unveiled

Volkswagen has revealed the 2021 Tiguan Allspace for the Indian market. The SUV is imported as a completely built unit (CBU). It is one of the four cars that are part of the brand's SUVW strategy.

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace unveiled-tiguan-1.jpg

The 2021 Tiguan Allspace is identical to last year's car. The 7-seater SUV is powered by a 2.0-litre, turbo-petrol engine that produces 187 BHP and 320 Nm. The engine is mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and an all-wheel drive system.

The Tiguan Allspace comes equipped with features such as a panoramic sunroof, digital instrument cluster, touchscreen infotainment head-unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and automatic tailgate to name a few.

The Tiguan Allspace is slightly larger than the 5-seater Tiguan, which is also set to make a return later this year.
TusharK is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 18:39   #2
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The 2021 Tiguan Allspace is identical to last year's car.
Hopefully in terms of pricing and subsequent discounting too...

According to recent reports, this is how the dimensions of the Tiguan and Tiguan AllSpace compare.

Length
Tiguan: 4486 mm
Tiguan AllSpace: 4707 mm
Increase for AllSpace: 221 mm

Height
Tiguan: 1658 mm
Tiguan AllSpace: 1665 mm
Increase for AllSpace: 7 mm

Wheelbase
Tiguan: 2681 mm
Tiguan AllSpace: 2787 mm
Increase for AllSpace: 106 mm

The width of the car remains same for both Tiguan and Tiguan AllSpace: 1839 mm
kung_foo_fanta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 18:41   #3
BHPian

So in short the 2021 Tiguan has nothing new!

I really think that adding small incremental touches and innovations can go a long way in the overall model offering. I'm a complete VW fanboy and naturally a fan of these 'CBU' variants but I feel realistically whenever I do buy an SUV, it would be something like an Endeavour over a Tiguan.
AKSarkar1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 18:42   #4
Team-BHP Support

I somehow prefer the 5 seat Tiguan to the Allspace. As a 7 seater it just doesn’t seem to come together well enough. I would say the Kodiaq probably comes across as a better 3 row package than the AllSpace.

Let’s see how the price of the 2021 Allspace and the 2021 Kodiaq stack up.

Last edited by Axe77 : 25th March 2021 at 18:44.
Axe77 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 19:52   #5
BHPian

I spy a T-Roc in the background. Does this mean that dealers will finally have some in stock to show?
Old 25th March 2021, 20:19   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I somehow prefer the 5 seat Tiguan to the Allspace. As a 7 seater it just doesn’t seem to come together well enough. I would say the Kodiaq probably comes across as a better 3 row package than the AllSpace.
The Allspace is NOT a 3 row package. However, it has fantastic rear seat room and comfort, plenty of luggage room (which I value a lot after struggling with the 550 litre minus spare tire boot in my X3), and is just 2 inches longer than my X3, and remarkably nimble to drive. The 2 l TSI DSG is fantastic as well. Worth considering even in MH if you are buying through a corporate or lease plan. Makes no sense for individuals in MH since registration is 20% instead of 10%.
Hayek is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 21:33   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kung_foo_fanta View Post
Height
Increase for AllSpace: 7 mm
Beats me, as to what could have been achieved by adding 7 mm, really!
Or is it just a collateral/ compensatory effect of trying to increase the length?
Old 25th March 2021, 21:34   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
The Allspace is NOT a 3 row package. However, it has fantastic rear seat room and comfort, plenty of luggage room (which I value a lot after struggling with the 550 litre minus spare tire boot in my X3), and is just 2 inches longer than my X3, and remarkably nimble to drive. The 2 l TSI DSG is fantastic as well. Worth considering even in MH if you are buying through a corporate or lease plan. Makes no sense for individuals in MH since registration is 20% instead of 10%.
Can't agree more!
The regular 5 seater Tiguan we have is lacking in one key department on those long road trips / airport runs : luggage space.
While on paper it is large, the Kodiaq / All Space easily trumps it!

That being said, I personally prefer the look and livability of the smaller 5 seater, especially in the city where parking is at a premium. It was the one key advantage over the Kodiaq.
In my opinion, the AllSpace will be a tough sell with the return of the 5 seater Tiguan & the Kodiaq (more luxurious interior theme, features, and arguably better looks) this year.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 21:43   #9
BHPian

This news is a delight for Team-BHP forum members! As I remember the last lot of cars were single handedly bought by most of the Team-BHP members! This is one of the sleeper cars out there and with Kodiaq yet to be launched, this is the perfect time for VW to capitalize on. Hopefully VW price it aggressively.
Old 25th March 2021, 22:04   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Actually I can see the value of it as a spacious 5 seater as you have described. But I still feel somehow the 5 seater Tiguan gets its proportions better from a visual standpoint. In an entirely different context, I could picture myself buying a Safari over a Harrier using it as a full time 5 seater for similar reasons so I do appreciate the practicality point you are making.

On an unrelated note, I have driven an X3 for a few weeks in Spain and I really found the package extremely underwhelming, specially in terms of back seat comfort. Made me realise the value of sedans compared to their SUV counterparts. And I can completely understand why someone with an X3 might appreciate the packaging of an Allspace in comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post

In my opinion, the AllSpace will be a tough sell with the return of the 5 seater Tiguan & the Kodiaq (more luxurious interior theme, features, and arguably better looks) this year.
I agree with you here. I feel those looking for the larger package will be drawn to the Kodiaq while those who want the more compact and more economical package will be drawn to the 5 seat Tiguan. The Allspace will relatively struggle to find its numbers sandwiched between these two alternatives.

Last edited by Axe77 : 25th March 2021 at 22:07.
Old 25th March 2021, 23:33   #11
BHPian

If the 3rd row seats don't make much of difference to you as a buyer, the facelift Tiguan 5 seater makes a whole lot of sense. Throw in the R line Kit and it would be a looker for sure.

VW should have brought in the All Space with the facelifted lights.
Old 26th March 2021, 13:54   #12
BHPian

Kodiaq and Allspace are identical when it comes to engine, gearbox and driving dynamics and pricing is going to play a key role given that they are identical in many respects. The L&K version of the outgoing Kodiaq was close to 46 lakh OTR and had a few additional features such as the Canton system, electrically adjustable passenger seat etc. Allspace on the other hand has the excellent lane assist feature and can be easily modified for ACC since it comes with the radar inbuilt and it is a CBU which gives more exclusivity.

Going by its past pricing, I presume the new Kodiaq is likely to be priced at a premium compared to Allspace. But it is also likely to have different variants on offer to cater to different price segments which will work in its favor. But Allspace definitely provides customers with more choice and bargaining power and has proven itself especially amongst bhp'ians!
mustangvins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 14:17   #13
BHPian

VW Tiguan Allspace Wolfsburg 2021 edition - looks beautiful and loads of features. Wish VW brings this to India through the limited CBU edition.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TiguanAllspace_WolfsburgEdition_Brochure_Feb2021.pdf (2.18 MB, 533 views)
Old 26th March 2021, 15:10   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batladanny View Post
I spy a T-Roc in the background. Does this mean that dealers will finally have some in stock to show?
VW has relaunched the T-Roc 2021 with an increased sticker price of 21.33 lakhs. I am not sure how many units they plan to get this year via the homologation route though.
Old 26th March 2021, 15:16   #15
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

If I had that sort of budget, I'd rather wait for the 2021 Tiguan Somespace. Being shorter would mean better handling and power-to-weight ratio. Also, being a CKD, the cost should become somewhat less overpriced. That 2.0 TSI is a peach.
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks