Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2016, 00:18   #76
BHPian

Re: Registration Woes, Discussion and solution

Thanks guys for your reply.
I have contacted Venetian Honda(Kandivali) and Sai Point Honda(Bhayander).
They both will take rent agreement (registered and notarized) but asking for 2500 bucks which will go as bribe to RTO for accepting the documents.

As mentioned above, I do not have voter ID/passport/telephone bill of the present address.
Also I only take term insurance and that too from private players so having LIC policy is out of question.
Old 18th April 2016, 06:14   #77
BHPian

Re: Registration Woes, Discussion and solution

I don't know much about the subject but one thing I want to point out is that tweeting to Nitin Gadkari or any official is not going to help out in your cause. This is because their counter-argument would be that the it is the dealer who is trying to rip you off telling fake stories of bribery.

If you really want to take up the issue of bribery, you should first try getting the vehicle registered yourself at the RTO. And when things get in your way, get some sort of recording, maybe using spy pen cam or even spy recording phone apps and then make a strong point against them with the higher officials. But one word of advice though, it is better that you go straight home with recordings,create backups, bring the recorded tape and show it to the officials and press them to work for free. I know you can pursue them in court but the time taken, the grudge the official will take for snatching away his job and consequences might be stressful (I hate when I sound like my dad but this is the real world).
aveemashfaq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 10:22   #78
BHPian

Re: Vehicle Registration Blues!! Address proof for gypsies like me

Thanks guys for all your suggestions. I understand, registering vehicle myself would be cumbersome.
I have approached another dealer(not authorized by Honda) who is offering Activa in the same price and accepting the documents available with me.
Further he told me that the vehicle will carry standard warranty and I can get free service done at Honda authorized service station.
I am planning to go ahead with him, any risk you guys see purchasing vehicle from unauthorized showroom?
Old 21st April 2016, 11:15   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
I am planning to go ahead with him, any risk you guys see purchasing vehicle from unauthorized showroom?
As long as he gives you the:
1) original invoice
2) owners manual stamped by the nearest authorised dealer from where he is "sourcing"
3) Free service coupons - again duly stamped
4) Battery warranty card
5) Road Tax & insurance docs in original
And finally

6) the registration "smart card" - which usually takes a bit more time

things should not be a bother. Yes - he may charge you more - as essentially he is acting as an intermediary between you and the "sourcing dealer". Or he will charge you same price because he has "sourced" the product at a higher "inter-dealer-understanding-and-discount"

as far as registration is concerned i was a bit surprised reading your tale: two years back, i registered an alto in thane, maharashtra. all my address proof etc was for Kolkata so nothing could be accepted. Dealer took my rental agreement, latest airtel bill copy and got an affidavit done from the local court. Charged me Rs 1000/= for it.
Old 21st April 2016, 13:14   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

I feel you guys who have asked the question. I don't have a specific address and i keep hopping across cities for jobs. I have changed the ownership of my car in Chennai & a document from the company stating that "I live in the mentioned address" was more than enough. I stay in Mumbai with a bunch of guys & when my room mate bought his bike, the SA created some documents for an extra charge.

However, a rental agreement or a post paid bill (especially BSNL) should do the trick. Alternately, do an RTI for valid documents with the RTO & you can use it to fight with the dealer.

Sending a tweet &,expecting Gadkari to respond is not a mature way to handle the issue. That should be sought after exhausting the initial tricks. I personally would suggest to get the vehicle from the dealer. I am sure there is some catch with the other vendor - nobody does business for charity, watch out for hidden conditions & charges please.
Old 22nd April 2016, 08:11   #81

Mod Note: Please do not post one-liners that do not add value to the discussion. +1 type of posts are considered as spam on our forum- use "Thanks" button instead.

Please read our forum posting rules carefully before proceeding.

Last edited by noopster : 22nd April 2016 at 15:21.
Old 24th May 2016, 10:02   #82
BHPian

Hi All,

Need help in understanding the car registration process in Mumbai city. I am from Hyderabad and have been staying in Mumbai for last 2 years now. I have a house rent agreement , which is registered ( along with police verification). Isn't this enough for address proof? All other address proofs are of Hyderabad( passport, aadhar card). I can however get the aadhar card address changed if that works.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks

Last edited by sudhir3127 : 24th May 2016 at 10:28.
Old 9th August 2021, 16:42   #83
BHPian

Bumping up this thread ; what is the latest on the acceptable proof of address at Mumbai RTOs ?
The car dealer mentioned that even an Aadhaar card isn't sufficient and an additional address proof is required!

Can the gyanis please shed some light on this ?
Old 9th August 2021, 18:19   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by matizcrazy View Post
Bumping up this thread ; what is the latest on the acceptable proof of address at Mumbai RTOs ?
The car dealer mentioned that even an Aadhaar card isn't sufficient and an additional address proof is required!
A landline bill or gas pipeline bill should work.
Old 5th May 2022, 12:17   #85

Really in a tight spot right now due to the tough RTO regulations here in Pune (recently moved here for work, not from MH).

Looking to register a new car but the Hyundai dealer needs my 'registered' rental agreement for local proof. I have requested by Aadhar address be changed to Pune, also looking to start a PSU Bank account locally as proof, also have Telephone bill, and can get a letter from my work as an address proof as well.

Now, the dealer says even if I submit new Aadhar (with local address) he will still need electricity bill in my name to be identified as local - which does not make sense as not everyone has EB bills in their name. Any advise how I can get the RTO done for the new car?
Old 5th May 2022, 12:47   #86
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi there.
I had this issue earlier but there is a quick and simple way to fix this issue.
The Aadhar card can be easily updated with a new residential address using a letter from your employer with your new address.
you can use the aadhar website and send an update request with a scanned copy of the employer letter and within a few days this will be done. I have done this before and it works smoothly. Several of the new employees at our company also have done this after I told them about it.
the aadhar card is a sufficient proof of address and since its all electronic it is easy to update when you need.
Cheers.. hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0ww View Post
Dunno if this is the right forum... trust the mods will move it where it shud belong :">

here's the question... I work in Mumbai, but don't have any local residence in my name. All I have is a lease agreement which is franked, but not registered with the registrar as yet.

I'd like to know if my company issues a certificate that i stay in so and so place, would this be a valid address proof for registration purposes? all my bills & bank accounts bear my official address & hometown address.
chandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 14:48   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinDinWo View Post
Now, the dealer says even if I submit new Aadhar (with local address) he will still need electricity bill in my name to be identified as local - which does not make sense as not everyone has EB bills in their name. Any advise how I can get the RTO done for the new car?
Which dealer is this?

As far as I know, Aadhar card is sufficient for address proof.
Check with another Hyundai / some other manufacturers dealer to ascertain the claim.

Is there any issue in registering the rent agreement? It's in best interest of both the owner and tenant. That can save you a lot of hassle.
Old 5th May 2022, 21:19   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Is there any issue in registering the rent agreement? It's in best interest of both the owner and tenant. That can save you a lot of hassle.
Kothari Hyundai, Kharadi.

My landlord is in UK, so we only did the notary, stamps, and rental agreement the old way. I never knew you need to register it until now

Last edited by DinDinWo : 5th May 2022 at 21:35.
Old 7th May 2022, 13:26   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Kothari Hyundai, Kharadi.

My landlord is in UK, so we only did the notary, stamps, and rental agreement the old way. I never knew you need to register it until now
I am going off topic here, but check with an advocate. I beleive there is a way to get the registration done online.
One of my friends staying in US got registered rent agreement done remotely for his flat in Dhanori.

AFAIK, (and I stand corrected) notoraized rent agreement holds no real value in the court.
Old 7th May 2022, 23:31   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Really in a tight spot right now due to the tough RTO regulations here in Pune (recently moved here for work, not from MH).

Looking to register a new car but the Hyundai dealer needs my 'registered' rental agreement for local proof. I have requested by Aadhar address be changed to Pune, also looking to start a PSU Bank account locally as proof, also have Telephone bill, and can get a letter from my work as an address proof as well.

Gazetted officers of the state and central government (Group A and B) and MLA's and MP's are authorised to issue a letter on their letterhead in the name of such persons stating their identity (age, son/daughter of and residence of) and present address of residence which is a legal document for all practical purposes.

Most Viewed