Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2021, 17:05   #136
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview

Why do they have to make the names so similar and confusing ?
VW New Taigun
VW New Tiguan
VW Tiguan All space

Many will get mixed up when they are checking on the different products for the first time.
Fillmore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 15:01   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Playful, not funky': VW reveals Taigun cabin, underlines focus on quality.

Quote:
the car will get a 10-inch infotainment screen, all-digital instrument cluster, a fresh dashboard layout,
Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-2.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-1.jpg

Josef Kaban - Head of Design at Volkswagen Brand:

Taigun has a playful exterior and interior design language which helps it have a youthful appeal. We were not trying to be funky with it. "For India, we realized we needed to have a longer wheelbase and a third window but overall, it is clear that the showcar and production version are nearly similar."

"People expect quality when it comes to a Volkswagen and that is also where the Taigun will impress with the quality of materials used.

Source:Volkswagen

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th April 2021 at 15:09.
volkman10 is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 15:07   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Volkswagen Taigun interior first look

Attachment 2143668

Link
Thank god they got cold feet about the body colored interiors and went with the toned down version of colors.

Glad to see the start/stop button is on the driver side.

Full touch ac and volume controls(not a fan of it), no electronic parking brake, and no clever bit on the cup holders (like the one on Kushaq) it looks like.

Overall looks good. But I suspect its going to be a lot of cheap plastics by the look of it.

Last edited by GTO : 13th April 2021 at 07:34. Reason: typo
SBM3J is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 18:48   #139
BHPian

Interiors look nice! And thankfully no body-coloured interior theme .

My son is suddenly excited for this one. This will get some numbers for VW, if priced sensibly. And it's too early to comment on the quality. Genuinely hope it to be a good product.
Col Mehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 19:14   #140
BHPian

To me, this interior is plain boring but at least they didn't go overboard with colouring the interior like a 5th grader's palette. Really hope that VW India stops using hard plastics on their more 'mass appeal' cars. The interiors are going to have tough competition from the likes of Seltos etc. The 'clean' layout seems to have become an excuse for VW to not provide features IMHO.

VW cabins used to exude class and quality back in the day, both have seem to have taken a dip over the years. I find myself drifting away from the brand as the days pass even though I've owned 4+ VW cars. But this is a heavy assumption to make just from a photo, eagerly awaiting the actual thing!

Last edited by AKSarkar1 : 12th April 2021 at 19:16.
AKSarkar1 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 19:30   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

The Taigun interior looks classy, albeit a bit traditional. The lines are classy and for those with a keen eye for detail, the sharpness and symmetry VW provides cannot be matched in this lifetime by the Korean cousins with their gawky shapes, with all those cuts and creases.

The two spoke steering wheel on the Kushaq somehow suits the modern twin-screen design on the Taigun more than it does on the Kushaq. They should have used a VW version of the Kushaq's steering wheel, it would also have created some production efficiencies.
84.monsoon is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 23:41   #142
BHPian

OT, but Josef Kaban has quite the portfolio. He's responsible for the classy current gen Superb and also the Bugatti Veyron. Strange seeing him talking about a mass market cross over for India!
SS8939 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 00:12   #143
Senior - BHPian

Great interior! The Taigun as a package, if priced right is definitely in contention to replace Sparky, if ever.

What I love:

- Virtual Cockpit - VAG makes some of the best Virtual Cockpits and we know it.
- Use of materials - Seems VW deliberately made the choice of materials pretty much the same as they did with the Vento (beige, black and aluminium). Really glad they removed the hideous body-coloured panels.
- Integration of the touch-screen is well-executed. Especially with the little curvature that makes it seem like the top part of a digital clock in the Indica (which I personally loved).
- Steering Wheel - Feel that this one fits in much better than the Kushaq’s 2-Spoke unit. Good to see a not-so-empty set of buttons on the wheels.
- I think there are also tweeters on the A-Pillar. If yes, then does anyone know what system they might be offering? Or will it be a VAG unit?
- The beautiful lock-unlock switch positioning right from a R8.

What I don’t :

- No doorside cupholders in the rendering? Come on VW, hope it’ll be there in the final product.
- Dummy buttons on centre console - I’ve said this earlier and I’ll say it again. Manufacturers, if you don’t have any additional questions usage from those buttons, please give us a lesser set of buttons.
akash_v12 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 10:26   #144
BHPian

Don't know why but the interiors give me a vibe of 4 gen City!
Maybe the silver trim, gear lever and AC panel are the give away
Old 13th April 2021, 10:37   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Playful, not funky': VW reveals Taigun cabin, underlines focus on quality.
I don't know what it is - perhaps sub-par CG finishing touches, but I'm getting an odd Kiger vibe from the cabin pictures. This car is a clear departure from what I've come to associate VW cars with. Inside out.

I'm wondering whether that horizontal panel across the dashboard is grey OR silver/aluminium finish in look. I'd rather it grey, otherwise it seems to be a bit too much. Also - its wrapping around to the top part of the dashboard. That can create a frustrating reflection on the windshield during day-time driving in some angles.

Neat simple cabin layout, liked this bit. Especially quite a large (very EU VW like) digital instrument cluster. Looks neat, one of the few digital setups that I have liked ever).

Last edited by Reinhard : 13th April 2021 at 10:38.
Old 13th April 2021, 11:50   #146
BHPian

haha! I think folks were reading Team-Bhp forum for the bashing it received for not showing the interiors at the launch!

Pretty crazy to show interiors now rather than at the launch and not giving the journo's the opportunity to review and praise it if its good!

Just doesn't make sense!

Nevertheless, it looks pretty good and completely inline with VW ethos. Lets hope they keep the soft touch material in abundance along with features!
Old 13th April 2021, 12:57   #147
BHPian

Contrary to other opinions posted on the interior, I actually wish that VW had gone ahead with the body coloured interior. It would've been a nice to have USP and something I personally would have liked. It might have been polarising to people, yes but would've been a differentiating factor nonetheless.
nikhilthegunner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 13:17   #148
BHPian

For me the interior looks pretty much same as the EU T-Cross except for the touch climate controls (not a fan though). Personally I like clean and functional dashboard design compared to funky shapes in Japs & Koreans. I think for VW, the corner A/C vents and infotainment boundary shape itself is a deviation from it's traditional design.
Old 13th April 2021, 13:29   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilthegunner View Post
Contrary to other opinions posted on the interior, I actually wish that VW had gone ahead with the body coloured interior. It would've been a nice to have USP and something I personally would have liked. It might have been polarising to people, yes but would've been a differentiating factor nonetheless.
There is still a chance that some variants might get it
The Autocar India article says other colour combinations will also be available

"The German carmaker will offer the Taigun in a black and grey interior colour scheme as standard, though other colour combinations will also be available."

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...evealed-420490
Old 13th April 2021, 13:32   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBM3J View Post
Thank god they got cold feet about the body colored interiors and went with the toned down version of colors.
Hey, but there is also a chance that this interior reveal concerns that of a grey or silver toned car with the same body tone inside as well. We can't rest easy until they reveal the same interior for one of their funkier exterior colours!
The screens look neat and clean!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks