Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2021, 16:30   #256
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
I am interested in this product, however at the same time I am wary of buying the first few lots from the factory. These days, companies are quick to launch the face lift versions. It might be prudent to wait for 6-12 months and book the face lift version.
It might be prudent to wait for 6-12 months before buying so that one can get a niggle free product since a new product may have some but facelift is something that wont come in 6-12 months of a new product launch, definitely not from VW/Skoda stable.
CafeRacer16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 17:00   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr_Autobahn View Post
Yes, with 1.5DSG it is definitely a sleeper, But close to Golf or Polo GTI i would say Golf R is >300bhp territory
Yes, my bad. It should've been the Golf/Polo GTi and not the R. R is way off the charts
yd_gli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 17:25   #258
Senior - BHPian

The 1.5 top end ex showroom price puts it in the same price range as korean cousins. With the marginal size difference and considerable small boot, seems this will not put a serious dent on Koreans. I will take a call once I get to experience kushaq or taigun. Will keep my Creta 1.4 turbo petrol sxo booking until then.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 24th May 2021 at 17:26.
Old 24th May 2021, 18:00   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
With the marginal size difference and considerable small boot, seems this will not put a serious dent on Koreans. I will take a call once I get to experience kushaq or taigun. Will keep my Creta 1.4 turbo petrol sxo booking until then.
While it's a touch small (Size & Boot) than Creta & Seltos, Kushaq will have some simply clever touches to make the boot look decent sized while Taigun just like other Original Volkswagen vehicles will have boot that'll look bigger than what's on paper.

Coming back to Creta Turbo Vs Kushaq/Taigun, I will say with confidence that you'll love that 1.5 TSI once you drive it. "Drive it to Believe it" is my Mantra for a VAG Product's. While I'll not elaborate much, you drive one before I say what makes Taigun/Kushaq better than Creta.

After Kushaq & Taigun are launched, Hyundai will start promoting Creta Turbo Petrol which that haven't done so far. I see Creta Turbo slowly heading towards graveyard once VW Twins are launched. Yes, that's the amount of confidence I have on them.

While their volumes won't be much (2-4k/month each), someone who knows a thing about Driving Dynamics and Thrill of Driving will surely prefer this to Creta which IMO is an Overhyped Tall & Wide Hatch. No offence to Owners, but that car somehow hasn't wowed me in any ways. Period.
CarguyNish is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 18:21   #260
BHPian

I think one point where Creta/Seltos may trump over Kushaq/Taigun is the engine refinement of the engine especially the 1.0 L one.
1.0 TSI being a 3 cylinder unit may just not be at par with 1.5 L petrol units in terms of low speed drivability, NVH levels.
Old 24th May 2021, 19:48   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
The 1.5 top end ex showroom price puts it in the same price range as korean cousins. With the marginal size difference and considerable small boot, seems this will not put a serious dent on Koreans. I will take a call once I get to experience kushaq or taigun. Will keep my Creta 1.4 turbo petrol sxo booking until then.
I agree. For reference it's 115mm smaller in length, 40mm less wider and 18 mm (Kushaq's height considered, as Taigun height isn't available) shorter than a Seltos. Interior space, especially the legroom will be compromised. Not to mention the road presence too.

For instance, 4th Gen City was 109mm smaller in length and 53mm smaller in width than the latest City. If anyone sits inside both back to back, the new city's space is a revelation!
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 21:06   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeRacer16 View Post
I think one point where Creta/Seltos may trump over Kushaq/Taigun is the engine refinement of the engine especially the 1.0 L one.
1.0 TSI being a 3 cylinder unit may just not be at par with 1.5 L petrol units in terms of low speed drivability, NVH levels.
Agreed it may trump but then these 3 cylinder engines are very much different in refinement and low speed drivability from other 3 cylinders we know in the market. GTO's words in the review of Rapid reflects the beauty of this VW engine.

So possible there would be minor differences as per the reviews of this engine across our forum.
Old 24th May 2021, 22:24   #263
BHPian

Quote:
It might be prudent to wait for 6-12 months before buying so that one can get a niggle free product since a new product may have some but facelift is something that wont come in 6-12 months of a new product launch, definitely not from VW/Skoda stable.
This is why I'm concerned.

Do VW cars become niggle free, based on their history?

Taigun is already delayed a lot and again waiting for another 12 months is not practical.

Last edited by GTO : 26th May 2021 at 07:48. Reason: typos
Old 24th May 2021, 23:34   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto1212 View Post

Does VW cars are niggle free based on their history?
6-12 months is good to get an idea about niggles and any other pressing issue that may crop up (heck, looking at some threads, it would be even applicable for Hondas & Hyundais!).

Typically newer VWs/Skodas do have niggles, but most of their new launches are in the premium segment and usually it's the electronics that see the most complaints (AC, ABS Sensor, Battery, etc.).
That being said, they have shown some improvement : Octavia, Jetta, Kodiaq / Tiguan seem to have fewer complaints, but the AllSpace has a few niggles which could also be due to CBU + time spent at the stockyard.

With the Kushaq / Taigun, I expect heavy localization as a lot of parts would be shared with other siblings + to keep costs down. The 1.0TSi MT / TC Auto; 1.5 TSi M/T (barring top end) Should be a fairly reliable vehicles, though would suggest picking up extended warranty in case of any odd failure.

The 1.5 TSi Auto would be a tough to recommend vehicle for someone who wants peace of mind + long term use purely due to the gearbox's past reliability (though fewer complaints amongst newer users it seems).
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 07:05   #265
BHPian

Quote:
I’m not so sure about this. In the Kushaq early drive reports for the media and experts, there was unanimous praise for 1.0 TSI engine and feedback was that it outperformed the 1.5 on drive characteristics and zippiness. Obviously VAG will take that feedback to improve the 1.5 ride quality but the 1.0 TSI should be fun going by early feedback.
Old 25th May 2021, 10:49   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
I agree. For reference it's 115mm smaller in length, 40mm less wider and 18 mm (Kushaq's height considered, as Taigun height isn't available) shorter than a Seltos. Interior space, especially the legroom will be compromised. Not to mention the road presence too.
n!
Well you missed the point about legroom . Wheelbase of Taigun and Kushaq is more than Creta and Seltos so legroom will be better.In Taigun the rear hump is almost flat so another good thing for middle passenger though width is less no doubt. Regarding boot space, VW cars are very smart and notorious in difference between boot numbers on paper and actual utility as mentioned by other forum members. So all in all only cabin width could be a challenge but still we all need to wait to see the car in person before passing judgements.
steadfast is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 16:25   #267
BHPian

Attaching pics of Taigun's 3 different variants being tested with 3 different alloys clearly visible.

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-dsc_0519jpg.jpg

Image taken from article published by Skoda. Skoda Storyboard
chautob0t is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 18:09   #268
BHPian

Interesting thing to note in the image above:

Some Taigun and Kushaq have got under bonnet cladding while others do not. During the official launch of Kushaq or Taigun, I remember there was no bonnet cladding.

Kudos to testing at such level of details and utility.
steadfast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 18:17   #269
BHPian

I have a feeling that the 10L-17L pricing will have one entry level barebone variant (akin to Skoda Rapid Rider but with safety features) and other variants priced much higher.
Of course, the 10L-17L pricing may be introductory only to be increased later on.

These two cars have garnered a lot of interest and I am confident that after 3star NCAP rating of Creta and Seltos, lot of people are keen to explore Kushaq & Taigun (I know a few of my friends are waiting eagerly for the launch). Besides, there are barely any decent options in that segment to compete the Korean twins, hence the Taigun & Kushaq will definitely get a lot of interest.

I really hope that Taigun & Kushaq give a tough competition to the Koreans and sustain the initial euphoria for long.
Old 27th May 2021, 17:09   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Coming back to Creta Turbo Vs Kushaq/Taigun, I will say with confidence that you'll love that 1.5 TSI once you drive it. "Drive it to Believe it" is my Mantra for a VAG Product's. While I'll not elaborate much, you drive one before I say what makes Taigun/Kushaq better than Creta.
1.5 TSI mated with 7 speed DSG is fun to drive on highways.
Mileage is also very good. Highways 16-19 kmpl and city 10-13 kmpl.
The gearbox is mostly smooth but suffers from the usual VW Group foible in that it’s sometimes jerky when manoeuvring at low speed.
So DSG may not be a good choice for a daily commuter in a city who encounters bumper to bumper traffic.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks