Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2021, 10:42   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview

What is with the "hustle mode" tagline? The oxford dictionary describes a hustler as "a person adept at aggressive selling or illicit dealing". One of the meanings listed for hustle is "obtain illicitly or by forceful action"

Now I can understand an SUV with say, a vague association with powerful politicians and real estate sharks advertising this way - the prospective buyers may like being called hustlers. For an SUV aimed primarily at up-and-coming young professionals and families, this does not seem very suitable. But, hey, who know? Kia Seltos got away with "Badass" which may have emboldened VW to go with this kid of tagline.
Old 9th June 2021, 11:24   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Kia Seltos got away with "Badass" which may have emboldened VW to go with this kid of tagline.
Suzuki got away with " Refined SUV" for S Cross and "Urban SUV" for Ignis. I think there are very few which actually make sense like the legendary" Reclaim your life"
Old 9th June 2021, 12:47   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
What is with the "hustle mode" tagline? The oxford dictionary describes a hustler as "a person adept at aggressive selling or illicit dealing". One of the meanings listed for hustle is "obtain illicitly or by forceful action"
To each his own!

Here is the meaning of hustle per any dictionary
Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-screenshot-20210609-12.23.04-pm.png

The meaning that you are referring to is an informal one (specifically for the US). Neither are we americans nor is Volkswagen! So I would like to believe that they are using the term with its actual meaning.
When I saw their advertisement, I connected with the message and thought it as apt for the youth (my opinion).

I am not here to offend a "Distinguished - BHPian", as I have immense respect for you all but since your posts carry so much of influence I would request not to be negative for things that are not even meant that way (highly likely)
shishir333 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 16:05   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir333 View Post
To each his own!

Attachment 2165727

The meaning that you are referring to is an informal one (specifically for the US). Neither are we americans nor is Volkswagen! So I would like to believe that they are using the term with its actual meaning.
When I saw their advertisement, I connected with the message and thought it as apt for the youth (my opinion).

I am not here to offend a "Distinguished - BHPian", as I have immense respect for you all but since your posts carry so much of influence I would request not to be negative for things that are not even meant that way (highly likely)
On a lighter note if we go by the dictionary meaning, VW is using word 'hustle' for a car that was first showcased in Jan 2020 and not yet launched. Irony
steadfast is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 18:13   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir333 View Post
To each his own!

Happy to learn differently, but I just opened Google and typed hustle to check the meaning and below is what comes up for me. Granted, the second one is "North American English", but even item #1 - "push roughly, jostle " is not very positive.

Plus, Millennials have grown up on Nexflix and Amazon Prime English shows and movies (mostly North American slang English) and learned their language quite a bit in that way! So though India and VW are not in North America, the vast global cultural influence of Hollywood is hard to paper over.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-capture.png  

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 9th June 2021 at 18:23.
84.monsoon is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 23:24   #291
Senior - BHPian

I think the "hustle" here can be the reference to the gambit in premium executive crossover, which indeed can be tough considering the dominance of Creta & Seltos.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 23:59   #292

I know its not the Indian variant but just curious if export models for other Asian countries are pretty similar to Taigun.

The following review popped up on my YouTube recommendations.

somen87 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 11:38   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somen87 View Post
I know its not the Indian variant but just curious if export models for other Asian countries are pretty similar to Taigun.

The following review popped up on my YouTube recommendations.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=rWirc_y38GE
Looking at this review I would thank VW for offering a better car to us than in Phillipines though Panaromic Sunroof lovers in India might disagree. But overall Taigun seems to be much better than T-Cross: Better engines, better Gearbox, even USB-C types, Adjustable headrests and could be much more.
Old 10th June 2021, 13:01   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
Looking at this review I would thank VW for offering a better car to us than in Phillipines though Panaromic Sunroof lovers in India might disagree. But overall Taigun seems to be much better than T-Cross: Better engines, better Gearbox, even USB-C types, Adjustable headrests and could be much more.
Yes this the first thing that came to my mind as well.
Apart from the subjective looks; overall value proposition for India seems to be a lot better and it basically overlaps both the 10 l as well as 18 l segment.

Personally I think not having panoramic sunroof is not a big deal considering most of the time I prefer the mechanism closed with only the sun shade opened. Its becomes more of a novelty for rear seat passengers, not so much for the driver/co-passenger.
somen87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 21:18   #295
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Taigun unofficial bookings open at dealer level for a token amount of Rs. 25,000. Some of the dealers have also told the SUV will go on sale in India around August or September 2021.

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-20210610_211500.jpg

Quote:
Volkswagen Passenger Cars India official spokesperson said, "Volkswagen India has commenced "Register Your Interest" for the much awaited SUV, giving customers an opportunity to be a part of an exclusive Taigun Squad. Bookings for the car will begin soon."
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 10th June 2021 at 21:20.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 11:45   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Volkswagen Taigun unofficial bookings open at dealer level for a token amount of Rs. 25,000. Some of the dealers have also told the SUV will go on sale in India around August or September 2021.

Attachment 2166327

Source
Well the launch timeline is clear with no ambiguity - lt is in August as per Brand Director of VW India and taking cues from several official VW communications in the last few months, launch could be somewhere around 12th August.
Old 11th June 2021, 19:50   #297
BHPian

Just had the Taigun for short company on the Pune - Mumbai expressway around 1530 hours today. Excuse the quality of the snaps, taken by a not very enthusiastic spouse

Strangely on Tuesday while driving towards Pune got overtaken by the Kushaq on almost the same stretch albeit in the opposite direction. They had many contraptions strapped on to the car, which looked like data recorders. Sped by too fast to allow me to take any snaps. Couldn’t catch up in my i10 Sportz
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-cc691d523711478cbc50cf817aaf26ed.jpeg  

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-44742874299a4009b2d69e5e96984c42.jpeg  

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-5b04ea3eb0ae49959baec0d660aa4e04.jpeg  

armumbai is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 17:38   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen's Taigun seem to be still in the testing phase ( on Mumbai-Pune Expressway.)- spotted again!

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-46.jpg

Also car is spotted near the Chakan Plant.

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-38.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-18.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th June 2021 at 17:42.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 21:36   #299
BHPian

The cars on the last 2 posts seem to be the same one (Same number - MH 14 TCF 449).

Was wondering if it is a base model, considering the wheel caps and normal headlights and no fender badging. In that case, thumbs up to VW for not skipping the rear wiper. If it is a middle model, then there is a lot to be desired.

The car on the other side in the second last pic seems to be a GT one and I really liked those alloys. But it is not in line with the official images.
Old 13th June 2021, 11:52   #300
BHPian

VW released a new ad! These ads are boring. When are they going to show the interiors?

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks