Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2021, 13:57   #331
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview

Hello Everyone,

I have been following Skoda Kushaq and VW Taigun for quite a while.
I am quite surprised looking at the response on Skoda kushaq thread vs VW Taigun thread. Even considering the pre-launch discussions.
I personally like the VW taigun more than Skoda Kushaq. I am hoping that the GT variant would be priced similar to the Kushaq Style 1.5TSI AT ( DSG ). I am also hoping that they would include 6 airbags and TMPS in this and the interior quality would be better ( as compared to Kushaq ).
Old 8th July 2021, 18:14   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAijin_ View Post
Hello Everyone,

I have been following Skoda Kushaq and VW Taigun for quite a while.
I am quite surprised looking at the response on Skoda kushaq thread vs VW Taigun thread. Even considering the pre-launch discussions.
And the differentiator there is Mr Zac Hollis. He answers people directly on most questions posed. There was so much material for discussion even before the launch because of which the Kushaq thread still remains a hotbed of meaningful discussions.

With the VW as of now all that is know is that it is related to Hustle and a 3D bumper effect and some odd things like that. Very unfortunate but true.
NevGin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 18:17   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
And the differentiator there is Mr Zac Hollis. He answers people directly on most questions posed. There was so much material for discussion even before the launch because of which the Kushaq thread still remains a hotbed of meaningful discussions.
I wonder if Hollis will respond directly to customer complaints about cars and experience at dealerships. I hope he is as committed to service as sales.
heydj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 18:29   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I wonder if Hollis will respond directly to customer complaints about cars and experience at dealerships. I hope he is as committed to service as sales.
The proof of the pudding is his Twitter handle. I too have, in the past burnt my fingers with Skoda service. There is no denying that at one point of time it was scary.

Maybe some are more forgiving than others but a second innings/opportunity, call it what you will, is an important piece of ones EQ. Brings a lot of peace.
Old 9th July 2021, 01:23   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post

With the VW as of now all that is know is that it is related to Hustle and a 3D bumper effect and some odd things like that. Very unfortunate but true.
Mr. Zac Hollis is giving all the limelight to Kushaq since Skoda is leading the India 2.0 for VAG. I think that's another reason.
But, I hope it works for the better for Taigun with all the feedbacks from Kushaq.
rAijin_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 13:12   #336

I wouldn't care much about the attention and response Mr.Zac gives on his Twitter account. If he is so confident on the product, let him provide a 10 year standard warranty on the DSG gearbox. This would give me more confidence on the product than the response to tweets and reassurance he gives saying the gearbox issues are fixed and all that story. Just my personal thoughts. However, I would give credit to him for acknowledging the fact that there are issues with service and the gearbox. But that alone is not enough when I need to put 20 big ones on the product.
letusmeet is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 06:06   #337

Have the launch dates for Taigun been announced? Skoda managed to create lot of noise and interest around Kushaq launch, VW seems to be lacking here.
Old 15th July 2021, 08:51   #338
BHPian

Just saw the VW showrooms are getting a revamp. The mysore road VW showroom is nearly totally changed with new logo and details. Looks fresh, feels fresher. Looks like Taigun will look really good in a revamped showroom compared to the existing faded ones.
Old 15th July 2021, 09:05   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartonwheelz View Post
Have the launch dates for Taigun been announced?
According to sources, Taigun could launch this month itself. Probably in last week and deliveries starting mid next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Just saw the VW showrooms are getting a revamp. The mysore road VW showroom is nearly totally changed with new logo and details. Looks fresh, feels fresher. Looks like Taigun will look really good in a revamped showroom compared to the existing faded ones.
Yes, Taigun is a big launch for Volkswagen, and dealerships across the country are being revamped phase wise. All preparations are being made for future new VWs launching in next 12 months
Old 15th July 2021, 17:09   #340
BHPian

From some internal sources official bookings will commence from August and deliveries start in September.
Old 18th July 2021, 17:46   #341
BHPian

VW released a new ad. Ads are getting horrible. VW should learn a thing or 2 from XUV700 ads.

anto1212 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 10:41   #342
BHPian

Even for someone who is following the Taigun thread over the past several months like me, the Taigun-Tiguan confusion happens every now and then. I foresee quite a bit of confusion in the minds of prospective customers and non enthusiasts which can damage the sales to a significant extent.

My eight year old daughter was laughing out when she said "They have named their car as toy-gun". So it doesn't make the cut.

May be 'Tygon' should suit the vehicle better: more aggressive name will strike a cord with the Indian male psyche, phonetically similar to Taigun, alphabetically different from Tiguan, so less chances of confusion.
Geta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 15:17   #343
BHPian

Ashish Gupta has revealed Taigun Launch details in the video below

Good News for folks who have been disappointed with the 1.5DSG Kushaq not having 6 airbags - the wait has timeline certainty now.

Dynamic Drive - Aug first week
Pre-Bookings open - Aug Mid
Launch and Deliveries - Sep 3rd week (Was hoping I get my new car before Ganesh Chaturthi, that wont happen)

Bad News - He is unequivocal- "Positioning will be Premium (in response to comparison with Kushaq). So expect mark up on Kushaq on corresponding variants. I just hope that premium wont scare away people to start exploring TROC
vinitbarve is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 16:54   #344
Senior - BHPian

^
Thanks for sharing the video.
It is very clear that VW is going to position the Taigun over the Kushaq but it is not clear what will justify the premium. He mentions better quality materials and some 'key equipment' but the only thing which we know so far is the digital cockpit.

I think VW does have an opportunity by providing 6 airbags in the top variants and better quality interiors as the Kushaq interiors definitely falls short of expectations. But, unless the differentiation over the Kushaq is significant enough, it is will be hard to justify any sort of premium, I doubt customers will pay up more for the VW 'global design language'.
Old 21st July 2021, 17:03   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
^
Thanks for sharing the video.
It is very clear that VW is going to position the Taigun over the Kushaq but it is not clear what will justify the premium. He mentions better quality materials and some 'key equipment' but the only thing which we know so far is the digital cockpit.
Add electric driver and, hopefully, passenger seats. Still, they don't have enough range available to price it above the Kushaq. 25k tops is my guess considering they want to sell around 3k units of this! Anything above will be hara-kiri!
nitkel is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks