Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2021, 11:45   #361
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview

Would you say the same for the GT Variant, which is likely to be 22 lakhs on road vs TROC at 26.5 lakhs onroad?

Taigun GT vs TROC

1. Same digital Instrumentation
2. Same drive train (DQ200/ ACT/ I think TROC doesnt have cruise control, and Taigun is likely to have it)
3. No big difference in external dimensions
4. Taigun is likely to have larger rear seating (if I go by Kushaq standards) but a smaller boot space

I have test driven TROC, and it was super fun to drive (although wife wasnt happy with the rear seating space), I am a big fan of this car, but I dont understand why would Taigun GT be a segment below TROC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAijin_ View Post
Frankly, we should not compare Taigun and T-Ro
c. They belong to slightly different segments. Taigun is more in line with the T-Cross or Skoda Kamiq. Frankly, we would be happier if VAG launched the T-Roc rather than the T-Cross in India.[/list]
vinitbarve is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 12:03   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbarve View Post
Would you say the same for the GT Variant, which is likely to be 22 lakhs on road vs TROC at 26.5 lakhs onroad?
I dont understand why would Taigun GT be a segment below TROC?
The T-ROC is almost 60 mm wider than the Taigun/Kushaq and also has a panoramic sunroof. If the price difference comes to 4-5 lakhs then I would take the much better looking "CBU" T-ROC over the "cheapened for India" Taigun anyday!

Last edited by nitkel : 27th July 2021 at 12:05.
nitkel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 13:36   #363
BHPian

Quote:
I believe the 22 lac on road for Taigun, will be a overkill. they should not cross the 21 Lac or else they will have very few buyers or may be they are not trying to have more buyers and just want to concentrate on premium customer who are aware about VW's brand value, just like tim cook decided to do with apple, he said they want to be a premium brand and are happy with fewer customers.

On another topic, during my recent visits to different showrooms, I did realize few things, the experience at Maruti, Hyundai, Tata & even Skoda is quite unappealing, you don't feel special, on the other hand MG & Kia showroom had a Modern feel about them.

Let's see how the new VW showrooms end up feeling with the renovations and launch of Taigun.
EmpyreanKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 14:46   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Taigun GT vs TROC

1. Same digital Instrumentation
2. Same drive train (DQ200/ ACT/ I think TROC doesnt have cruise control, and Taigun is likely to have it)
3. No big difference in external dimensions
4. Taigun is likely to have larger rear seating (if I go by Kushaq standards) but a smaller boot space

I have test driven TROC, and it was super fun to drive (although wife wasnt happy with the rear seating space), I am a big fan of this car, but I dont understand why would Taigun GT be a segment below TROC
There is one major difference, which is that of the 'platform'.

The T-ROC is built on the MQB-A1 plaform.
The MQB-A1 platform is the superior 'Parent' of the MQB-A0.
And in turn, the MQB-A0 is the superior, more expensive 'Cousin' of the MQB-A0-IN.

The T-ROC shares it's platform with 'expensive' cars like Octavia, Audi Q2, VW Golf etc.

Whereas, the Indian Taigun, is loosely related (albiet with a cheaper chassis) with the VW T-Cross, EU Spec Polo etc.
abhishek46 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 17:38   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAijin_ View Post
Frankly, we should not compare Taigun and T-Roc. They belong to slightly different segments. Taigun is more in line with the T-Cross or Skoda Kamiq. Frankly, we would be happier if VAG launched the T-Roc rather than the T-Cross in India.
Regarding CBUs, agreed that you get a better quality level, but, it comes with a lot of issues as well. To list a few:
  • More expensive maintenance.
  • Problem with ASC since majority of service personnel may not know about the vehicle. If you are in a tier 2 or tier 3 city, this may become more difficult and annoying.
  • Peculiar issues with more peculiar solutions that lead to more peculiar issues.
  • More expensive parts - since the unit is a CBU. Sometimes, you may need a smaller (relatively cheaper) part, but you end up replacing a bigger part (more expensive), because the cheaper part alone is not available.
  • A lot more waiting time for a part replacement. It may take weeks or (sometimes) months.
  • Not recommended if this is the only car you would be using. If you have more than 1-2 cars at home, you can have fun with a CBU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
There is one major difference, which is that of the 'platform'.

The T-ROC is built on the MQB-A1 plaform.
The MQB-A1 platform is the superior 'Parent' of the MQB-A0.
And in turn, the MQB-A0 is the superior, more expensive 'Cousin' of the MQB-A0-IN.

The T-ROC shares it's platform with 'expensive' cars like Octavia, Audi Q2, VW Golf etc.

Whereas, the Indian Taigun, is loosely related (albiet with a cheaper chassis) with the VW T-Cross, EU Spec Polo etc.
I think this is some every relevant information you shared about it being a different 'superior' platform. Makes a good case for the T Roc over Taigun if price difference is around 3-4 lakhs. Scheduled a test drive today. After having test driven the Kushaq am eager to see how much more premium this feels.
Old 29th July 2021, 15:14   #366
BHPian

Next week, is the first week of August when media drives for the Taigun were to take place as per the interview with Ashish. Has anyone heard anything on the dates?
Old 29th July 2021, 15:29   #367
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
Next week, is the first week of August when media drives for the Taigun were to take place as per the interview with Ashish. Has anyone heard anything on the dates?
Indeed, the media drives are happening next week from Aug 2 - 6.
Gannu_1 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 16:22   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Great! Just in time as I start to look for my first car.

Is the price bracket expected to be same as the Kushaq?
Old 29th July 2021, 16:28   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Excellent update, I am waiting eagerly for the reviews and to see the car on road.
I originally planned to buy a car this year itself on company car lease policy but the lukewarm response from the car lease company didn't inspire confidence in me, in the meanwhile it also gave me time to think on my purchase decision, hence now I have decided I will buy the car next year April, i.e 9 months from now on this will give me ample time to evaluate EV vs IC engine argument, as well as lot of reports on Kushaq and Taigun will be available, which should make buying process easier.

(One must ask why April in next year? simple, its usually bonus and salary revision time )
Old 30th July 2021, 04:59   #370

Quote:
Superb, Thanks for the update. Any info on the variant which will be provided for media drive. I wish they should provide GT top end variant.
Old 30th July 2021, 10:11   #371
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen will open bookings for the Taigun in India by mid-August 2021.

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-20210729035329_volkswagen-taigun.jpg

Prices will be announced by the end of August or early September.

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 30th July 2021 at 10:18.
Venkatesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 11:46   #372
Team-BHP Support

Could be a popular mod among BHPians - black wrap for the chrome moustache! Looks more 'VW' without it.

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-taigun-2.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-taigun_blackedout.jpeg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 13:00   #373
BHPian

Spotted a Taigun today on the streets in Udaipur.

Also local chatters informed some event from VW is happening here over the weekend, and some big influencers are arriving to attend the same.

Is it a full blown media drive happening, or something else; if someone can confirm.

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-img_20210731_124352.jpg

This one stood out but didn't have much of a road presence per se.
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 13:10   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
Is it a full blown media drive happening, or something else; if someone can confirm.
Dynamic Media drive is in Udaipur.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 13:18   #375
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
Spotted a Taigun today on the streets in Udaipur.
Interestingly - this car seems to have halogen type headlamps and plain silver alloys from lower variants and still got the GT badge.

Will we get 1.5 TSI on mid variants with the Taigun?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed