Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2021, 20:45   #496
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Here you go, tried my hand with the red one. Couldn't reciprocate the gloss finish as much as I'd want to, but nevertheless.

[center]Front

Rear
Thanks for the chrome delete. It looks amazing from the front. I felt the rear is looking boring (of course better that the chrome). Maybe, try replacing that with brushed aluminum, similar to the rear skid plate and it may look better. Thanks
Carz77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 00:28   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carz77 View Post
Thanks for the chrome delete. It looks amazing from the front. I felt the rear is looking boring (of course better that the chrome). Maybe, try replacing that with brushed aluminum, similar to the rear skid plate and it may look better. Thanks
Here you go.

Aluminium

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-pa2brushed.jpg
akash_v12 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 08:01   #498
BHPian

Cool pictures. On looks, I find Kushaq better than Taigun but it seems like Taigun will be a better and more premium package overall, so I am in this dilemma of whether I can accept the Taigun looks in case I have to pick between either one of them.

The main issue about the Taigun looks which I have (apart from the excessive chrome which needs to be blackened out), is of this front nose design of Taigun where the front bumper protrudes as compared to where bonnet ends and it is not a straight vertical kind of line when looked at from the side as shown in the picture. Gives me a feeling that the bonnet got shrunk, compressed during a hit . This is visible in the front looks also but is more prominent when looked at from side. I am surprised no one has really mentioned this point or may be i missed some post on this. Is it only me who finds it difficult to accept ?

Looking forward to the launch and may be this bulge is not as prominent when looking at the car in flesh. This silver color is looking so good on Taigun (not that it wasn't looking good on Kushaq).
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-screenshot-20210806-7.42.35-am.png  

Old 6th August 2021, 08:54   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscosity View Post
The main issue about the Taigun looks which I have (apart from the excessive chrome which needs to be blackened out), is of this front nose design of Taigun where the front bumper protrudes as compared to where bonnet ends and it is not a straight vertical kind of line when looked at from the side as shown in the picture. Gives me a feeling that the bonnet got shrunk, compressed during a hit . This is visible in the front looks also but is more prominent when looked at from side. I am surprised no one has really mentioned this point or may be i missed some post on this. Is it only me who finds it difficult to accept ?
I don't find any problems with how it looks because of the protruding bumper. Infact I think it's a benefit in the sense that low speed scrapes or nudges won't at all be expensive with the headlights being placed in the conventional position and the entire lower half of the bumper being taken up by the cladding. If you note, bumpers not protruding is actually criticised in many places including our official reviews. I'm glad they went with it on the Taigun
porsche_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 09:03   #500
BHPian

Quote:
The main issue about the Taigun looks which I have (apart from the excessive chrome which needs to be blackened out), is of this front nose design of Taigun where the front bumper protrudes as compared to where bonnet ends and it is not a straight vertical kind of line when looked at from the side as shown in the picture.
From a safety perspective, and from the cost of repairs in case of a low speed impact, that protruding design is the best design. If I am not mistaken, this was a requirement as per law till 1980s in the US. But later the automakers convinced federal authorities to have a design where the whole body of the car will absorb the impact (crumple zones) instead the bumper taking most of it even in a low speed impact. Their gain in that agreement was low cost of production. What car owners gained is higher mileage due to low weight, and what they lost is low cost of repairs.
sreerknair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 09:27   #501
BHPian

The front looks good except for the excessive chrome. The rear looks overdone, even more than the Creta. It does bring some quirkiness in the styling which we don't associate with VW. From the pics itself, Interiors look rather boring, and a step down from Kushaq. Could be wrong though.
Old 6th August 2021, 15:36   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmish View Post
The front looks good except for the excessive chrome. From the pics itself, Interiors look rather boring, and a step down from Kushaq. Could be wrong though.
Just wondering, if it is because there is no chrome in the inside? It hasn't definitely vowed me with the sneak peeks so far, could also be a function of the variants. The steering mounted controls in Kushaq feel more premium with the chrome scrollers, while the ones in Taigun are a bit too plain in comparison.

Hope the Taigun doesn't suffer from too much chrome on the outside, and too little or nothing on the inside.
Old 6th August 2021, 16:06   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmish View Post
The front looks good except for the excessive chrome. The rear looks overdone, even more than the Creta. It does bring some quirkiness in the styling which we don't associate with VW. From the pics itself, Interiors look rather boring, and a step down from Kushaq. Could be wrong though.
VW's design is always more understated as compared to other brands. Hence its interiors are more boring than Kushaq's ( especially the dashboard ). But, what I'm more interested is in the interior fit and finish. One place where Kushaq has really disappointed most of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carz77 View Post
This is the first thing to do if you don't like Chrome. I prefer the gun-metal shade similar to that of Jeep Compass facelift.

Quote:
The main issue about the Taigun looks which I have (apart from the excessive chrome which needs to be blackened out), is of this front nose design of Taigun where the front bumper protrudes as compared to where bonnet ends and it is not a straight vertical kind of line when looked at from the side as shown in the picture.
Looking forward to the launch and may be this bulge is not as prominent when looking at the car in flesh.
It is actually good and you would appreciate it in case of an unfortunate accident at lower speed. The bumper would take the hit keeping bonnet safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Top-end 1L TSI is getting the digital display as well albeit in blue colour compared to the red of the 1.5L TSI GT+ DSG.
Credits: Zigwheels
Frankly I'm disappointed with this digital display. The left and right empty sections are eye sore. The simple analog ones with MID looks a lot better than this.
rAijin_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 17:26   #504
BHPian

The Taigun is in need of some chrome delete.

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-taigun1.png

Name:  Taigun2.png
Views: 3216
Size:  527.7 KB

I'm sure a lot of detailing shops will have a line of white and silver Taiguns fresh from showrooms waiting for this job to get carried out.
TheGearBox is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 17:31   #505
BHPian

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-c6c929579b4945a2bf6e87aa72306728.jpeg
I saw this button on steering of Taigun, which seems to be missing from Kushaq and if I remember correctly in one of the interviews Mr. Ashish mentioned that Taigun will have features which is unique, is it by any chance this could be ADAS, which was also predicted in one of the news of Team BHP

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/volksw...-adas-features

Image Credits : Motoroctane
EmpyreanKnight is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 19:58   #506
BHPian

I was checking out Auto Expos of the past few years and guess what I came across? This is the original concept car of the VW Taigun that was showcased in 2014 Auto Expo. The car was originally intended as a sub 4-metre crossover.
IMHO it looks so butch with that rear mounted spare wheel.
Source
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-1.jpg  

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-2.jpg  

__.gxr.__ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 21:18   #507
BHPian

Came across this static review.
Drive review coming up on 9th of this month.
Old 6th August 2021, 21:53   #508
BHPian

Here is a full walkaround of the different colors:
acquillew is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 22:39   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAijin_ View Post
VW's design is always more understated as compared to other brands. Hence its interiors are more boring than Kushaq's ( especially the dashboard ). But, what I'm more interested is in the interior fit and finish. One place where Kushaq has really disappointed most of us.

Frankly I'm disappointed with this digital display. The left and right empty sections are eye sore. The simple analog ones with MID looks a lot better than this.
Very well said, hopefully the interior fit and finish are better than Kushaq and will help in turning things in Taigun's favour. The excess chrome on the exterior is much more easy to take care of than the interiors.

Couldn't agree more to your comment about the digital display. Infact it should not even be called the digital cockpit the way it looks, Kushaq's decision of using analog dials in its top model is more sensible than this half baked / low cost version of digital cockpit being offered in Taigun. At least that what it looks like form the initial impression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __.gxr.__ View Post
I was checking out Auto Expos of the past few years and guess what I came across? This is the original concept car of the VW Taigun that was showcased in 2014 Auto Expo. The car was originally intended as a sub 4-metre crossover.
IMHO it looks so butch with that rear mounted spare wheel.
Source
The front end looks so much like a Duster in this. I think the current gen looks much better. The rear mounted spare looks much better on an eco sport and the current gen Taigun was not designed with that in mind at all. Infact they don't use it on any of their SUV's and I personally think they look better and more classy without one. The current car is clearly in now way related to the one shown in Auto Expo which must have been on a completely different platform as well.

Last edited by prateekchanana : 6th August 2021 at 22:43.
prateekchanana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 00:30   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvaddi View Post
Came across this static review.
Drive review coming up on 9th of this month.
Just saw this and noticed, the 1.5 GT DSG (yellow coloured Taigun) has dashboard ambient lighting (also sort of matching with the red accent of the instrument cluster). Just a screen grab, below.

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-screenshot-20210807-00.21.06.png
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks