Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2021, 13:03   #76
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by yd_gli View Post
Even I faced this issue and the solution is to ensure your car cleaner does not throw dirty water on the wheels. Over time the dirty water starts impacting the disc thickness and thus results in shuddering.
Well what do you do in monsoons then? Or if you come across a water logged road anytime in your commute? If this is the cause of the problem, this should happen with all cars isn't it?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 4th April 2021 at 09:46. Reason: fixed quotes
pkk077 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 13:20   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk077 View Post

Well what do you do in monsoons then? Or if you come across a water logged road anytime in your commute? If this is the cause of the problem, this should happen with all cars isn't it?
I think once in a while water logged roads wont impact the disc so much. This disc issue has been found in KIA & Toyota cars too. So this issue is not restricted to only VW cars.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 4th April 2021 at 09:47. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 1st April 2021, 14:07   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghuwire View Post
Why is VW group hell-bent on such similar sounding names and confusing names. Tiguan, Taigun , Kodaq, Karoq, Kamiaq, Kushaq. After repeatedly seeing the news and TBHP blogs. I am still confused as to which model is in which category and price brackets, forget features and competition! Very confusing and difficult sounding names.
You ain't seen nothing yet! New models coming are:

- Kojak (a bald, stripped-down version)
- Kadak (crisper-looking model with more features to sink your teeth into)
- Klondike (for Canada)
- Kancun (for Mexico)
- Kamac (for West Bengal)
- Kayak (to carry your boat)
- Kalank (easier to 'spot')
- Kushan (for more comfort)
- Kosmiq (for those who want more 'space')
- Kathak (with ambient lighting and a dance floor)

and don't get me started on the Ts - please
Clouseau is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 15:39   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouseau View Post
You ain't seen nothing yet! New models coming are:

- Kojak (a bald, stripped-down version)
- Kadak (crisper-looking model with more features to sink your teeth into)
- Klondike (for Canada)
- Kancun (for Mexico)
- Kamac (for West Bengal)
- Kayak (to carry your boat)
- Kalank (easier to 'spot')
- Kushan (for more comfort)
- Kosmiq (for those who want more 'space')
- Kathak (with ambient lighting and a dance floor)

and don't get me started on the Ts - please
I just hope they dont end up having a further sub-variant with coloured seat fabric inserts called "Kosmetiq" that looks both "Komiq" and "Klumsy" .. couldnt resist!

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 1st April 2021 at 15:41.
fhdowntheline is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 16:01   #80
BHPian

After Volkswagen Taigo mini crossover gets launched, when someone visits the showroom and enquires VW Sales executive,
he has to apologetically ask, sir please write down the spelling of vehicle you want to check, is it Tiguan or Taigun or Taigo
RaceHorse is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 17:30   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaikalra01 View Post
AN INDUSTRY FIRST!!!

You can not see the interior, but you get to read about it! VW being very generous there
I think they are getting cold feet about the bright yellow insets on the inside. It looks downright ugly and most un-VW-like. My theory is - Back in 2015 when this project started, the India team told the bosses at Wolfsburg that Indians like a lot of Chrome and a lot of color and they must have that in the MQB-A0 SUV they will someday launch. Looking at the dismal record of sales in recent years, the bosses thought these Indian managers maybe know something they do not know and decided to let the locals do what they want. The project moves at its own sweet VW pace and 6 years pass by before the product is finally ready for launch. But as we get closer to the final product coming out, everyone suddenly realized that Indian buyers' tastes have got more sophisticated and they actually do not like the flashy stuff as much any more. So now, everyone is scratching their heads and wondering if they should kill the color panels or not.
Attached Images

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 1st April 2021 at 17:39.
84.monsoon is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 18:30   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I think they are getting cold feet about the bright yellow insets on the inside. It looks downright ugly and most un-VW-like. My theory is - .
Interesting point but they had shown this interior to the world last year as part of Auto Expo 2020 event, so they had 1+ year to correct this or accommodate the feedback from people unless they didn't want to listen to people then but now they are more open to suggestions (more desperate to succeed ?). I very well hope this is the case but deep down I feel the will retain this interior to differentiate from Kushaq. Personally this is a deal breaker for me as well and I am hoping they will at least give some option to the customer to avoid this shiny color box cabin.
Old 1st April 2021, 19:19   #83
BHPian

Ah, so the Taigun will come with a GT variant and the 1.5 TSI is reserved for that. It will be interesting to see which one sells better, the 1.5 GT or the 1.0 non-GT.
I wonder if the cosmetic differences between the two trims will be the same as in the Polo i.e. a spoiler, a couple of badges and black ORVMs. Even if that is the case, the more powerful engine should make up for it and give some meaning to the GT badge, which is no longer the case with the Polo.
Old 1st April 2021, 20:46   #84
BHPian

What I said on Kushaq thread , I'm repeating the same here.
Why Skoda n VW are not going all guns blazing when it comes to features?

Do they want to create a sub segment of SUVs which are NOT sub 4 meter in length but, with 1.0 l TSI engine, still will cost around all sub 4 meter competitors.
And Then price 1.5 l TSI variants so that they will significantly undercut Koreans.

But Skoda n VW never fought on price front till now, except Rider n Turbo edition.

I'm confused!
DriveOnceMore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 00:04   #85
BHPian

I cannot unsee it now. All the best to future aspirants.

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-47f3f7c2cf444bbb912fccc7f5ffec6b.jpg
Old 2nd April 2021, 00:27   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
So now, everyone is scratching their heads and wondering if they should kill the color panels or not.
They will kill the color panels.
Same happened during the launch of T-Roc, during launch it was advertised with body coloured interiors but sale units came with black interiors.
Jatin247 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 00:31   #87
Senior - BHPian

I will reserve my opinion until I see it in the flesh at one of the dealerships. Currently to me, it looks pretty good but I feel that the Chrome might be a bit too much for my liking. I always felt VWs look better than the Skoda's, but it'll be the Kushaq if I had to choose this time (from the images).
akash_v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 01:17   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Please, why should localisation be construed as lowering of quality. Knowing the Germans as well as I do, they may falter on strategy or/and pricing or/and service, but not quality.
!
The Germans learned to compromise on quality long ago. The high degree of unreliability seen in German cars over the last two decades certainly has a lot to do with how far down they have pushed the importance of "quality".
Blacktop is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 09:30   #89
BHPian

I was disappointed reading the thread. I expected original BHP content with real pictures rather than the online screenshots and the video. To title the thread as a close look is misleading.

I am excited for the vehicle though. A 1.5 TSI Avatar is what I am waiting to drive.
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 09:38   #90
Senior - BHPian

Off-Topic but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
I was disappointed reading the thread. I expected original BHP content with real pictures rather than the online screenshots and the video. To title the thread as a close look is misleading.

I am excited for the vehicle though. A 1.5 TSI Avatar is what I am waiting to drive.
The thread is not created by a T-BHP staff member. This is totally acceptable.
I learned new things I did not know upon first reading.

As for the Taigun I hope they price it sensibly... so far from what I've heard through the grapevine is skoda having sacrificed build quality a tad with the Kushaq, but the competing VW should not and we would be getting what is expected of VW group cars.

Last edited by Maky : 2nd April 2021 at 09:39.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed