Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2021, 16:14   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscosity View Post
To add more to the confusion around which of the two siblings will be pricier, in this Autocar video at around 5 minute mark, she is saying and I quote
"normally VW prices their product premium to Skoda but we hear that this time around VW plans to undercut the Skoda Kushaq"
Given this is coming from Autocar after 24th March event (this video is of 31st March after the embargo was lifted), can we really start pinning our hopes on this ?
Undercutting Skoda and with the Pano Sunroof on offer, I am pretty sure which car the Aam Junta will go for between the siblings!
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 16:26   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Undercutting Skoda and with the Pano Sunroof on offer, I am pretty sure which car the Aam Junta will go for between the siblings!
All the walkarounds and details now point to no Panoramic glass roof for Taigun. Other than the all digital driver display, there are no feature changes between Kushaq and Taigun as of now. Lets see if they change this in the final production version.

I believe all the Undercut is going to happen only at the base trim. The GT one is going to cost a bomb.
Old 6th April 2021, 18:05   #123
BHPian

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-taicross.png

T-Cross & Taigun size comparisons. From a visual expectation, look at T-Cross reviews from the UK market. That is pretty much what Volkswagen will give us here.

If they offer a moveable rear bench, we could potentially have a game changer. To be able to adjust either leg room or cargo room to ones usage at any particular point in time would be an absolute awesome inclusion to have.
NevGin is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 20:29   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Attachment 2141152

Spotted testing in Pune.Looks a tad bit small to be a Seltos competitor.
Thanks for sharing this. Rear looks similar and inspired more from MG Hector , specially the chrome treatment. Listening to the interview from the VW brand director Mr. Gupta, where he mentioned that the Indians love chrome. I have not seen a single response on this forum supporting the chrome make up. Even the social media responses are not in favour.
A lot have been said about the compact dimensions of both the Kushaq and Taigun. To me both Skoda and VW are not highly publicizing their tsi engines specially the 1.5 evo with ACT- active cylinder technology. This should be more highlighted as the same heart is available in the upper segment karoq and T-Roc. To me personally the compact dimensions are well suited to our congested cities. Keep posting the updates BHPians.

Thanks!!
jazzy47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 21:36   #125
BHPian

Very refreshing to see Vw finally bringing in some new models .If there is a good Vw I bet people except commuters will stop buying Korean products and invest more in terms of quality and the niche value
Polo being a great example ,even after so many years and no major facelift it’s still the go to car for most enthusiasts
Old 7th April 2021, 10:18   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy47 View Post
Listening to the interview from the VW brand director Mr. Gupta, where he mentioned that the Indians love chrome. I have not seen a single response on this forum supporting the chrome make up. Even the social media responses are not in favour.

Thanks!!
Mr. Gupta is absolutely right, I have seen that interview too, and i must agree with him that common Indian man Loves chrome on their cars. Visit any car decor market nearby and you will find, from Kwids to Venues to Creta getting the chrome treatment - on the window liner, rear lamps, door side etc. etc. wherever it is possible to have it . You will also find out people getting chrome finished front bumper gaurd for the added protection for their car . On a lighter note I think there is no need for DRL's now a days, the owner can just keep that chrome finish clean to get the DRL effect.

and this might be the reason that companies are selling added chrome treatment as accessories.
any23 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 03:21   #127
BHPian

A few more snaps I managed to pull from my dashcam. Apologies for the quality as these have been cropped and zoomed.

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-vlcsnap2021040717h43m32s286-2.png

Name:  vlcsnap2021040717h44m10s381 2.png
Views: 4515
Size:  266.5 KB

Name:  vlcsnap2021040717h44m53s545 2.png
Views: 4575
Size:  374.6 KB
Bluengel180 is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 21:22   #128
BHPian

Well a quick question -

During that timepass unveil last month, one of the journalists said it will be launched at festival season starting from Kerala which I believe is Onam and which falls in August.

So can someone confirm if this is indeed true ?
Old 9th April 2021, 07:21   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
A few more snaps I managed to pull from my dashcam. Apologies for the quality as these have been cropped and zoomed.

Attachment 2142112

Attachment 2142113

Attachment 2142114
That tail lamp strip which runs across the tailgate is huge and looks hideous. Does that whole thing light up? It is more like a dhinchak light we see on our trucks on our highways
Dieseltuned is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 09:10   #130
BHPian

if Taigun is placed in 18L category for automatic we could see a sharp jump in sales for the koreans and slow death for VW. People wont mind spending additional 1L for hyundai than settling down with VW which already has a bad reputation for their service cost and service centers
quakerme is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 10:29   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
That tail lamp strip which runs across the tailgate is huge and looks hideous. Does that whole thing light up? It is more like a dhinchak light we see on our trucks on our highways
Agreed. Size of the continuous backlight strip really feels disproportionate to the size of this car. IMO, they could have done with slightly slimmer profile lights.

Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe it'll look good in person. I hope it does!
Old 9th April 2021, 13:37   #132
BHPian

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-taigun-2.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-taigun-1.jpg

Sharing my clicks from the Auto Expo 2020. This rear light bar will surely play an important role in choosing the colour of the car.
jazzy47 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 20:11   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy47 View Post
Attachment 2142531

Attachment 2142532

Sharing my clicks from the Auto Expo 2020. This rear light bar will surely play an important role in choosing the colour of the car.
Thank you for sharing the pictures.

The body coloured interior theme can be seen in these pictures. I really hope this is one of the reasons why VW didn't reveal the interiors as they are working on changing it to a toned down version. Body coloured interiors will put a lot of potential customers off.

Edit: Just realized these pictures are from the auto expo 2020, and not from the recent event. Getting old isn't the nicest thing in the world, folks!

Mods - can we please delete this post? Thank you!

Last edited by Col Mehta : 9th April 2021 at 20:20.
Col Mehta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 15:18   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
Attachment 2141368

T-Cross & Taigun size comparisons. From a visual expectation, look at T-Cross reviews from the UK market. That is pretty much what Volkswagen will give us here.

If they offer a moveable rear bench, we could potentially have a game changer. To be able to adjust either leg room or cargo room to ones usage at any particular point in time would be an absolute awesome inclusion to have.
A few days after his post, I was thinking to myself that the dimensions mentioned by Volkswagen for the Taigun and by Skoda for the Kushaq, could not be unique. There would be models from other manufacturers that may have something close in terms of width.

That brought me to think of Mercedes Benz. They have a car/SUV for every class. And sure enough something close in terms of width - The GLA which 1804 mm versus the 4.4 cm less in the Taigun. That got me asking - Would I buy a GLA if it was priced closer to the Taigun and not call it narrow etc? Hell yeah I might.

Call my thinking far fetched but it does make one stop to ponder and give it come consideration.
Old 11th April 2021, 16:49   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

From the rear the Kushaq is 10x times better looking than the Taigun! The rear light bar is a small strip in a massive housing?! No need for such a big housing, a strip would have looked much better. The white colour is also accentuating the XL sized housing.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks