Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2021, 12:50   #31
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview

I personally wish that VW and Skoda achieve resounding success with these two cars. However it will be wishful thinking with the absence of diesel- auto combination. Add to that the panoramic sunroof the mass market loves.

Surprising to see koreans not far behind Germans in build quality. They are making rapid progress in every sphere of automobile engineering. Their engine- gearbox tuning in recent times is spectacular. It takes superhuman effort to challenge and topple the Korean twins in the foreseeable future
DonHyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 12:53   #32
BHPian

My sympathies with the journalists at the Taigun "launch" who were trying hard to look gung-ho at what (little) they were allowed to see and show.

VW has beaten Skoda at the secrecy game by barring the media from stepping into the interiors. So what exactly was the takeaway from today's event? Considering that we have already seen the vehicle in almost this very state an year ago?

Even hardcore VW-Skoda fans like me now feeling like we are being taken for a ride, instead of being offered a drive!!
RPM1706 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 12:58   #33
BHPian

The front grill design and raised bonnet makes the Taigun looks butch and gives an SUV-ish stance which is exactly what most buyers expect in the CSUV. IMO, the aggressive upright design with the quirky element like LED strip at the rear will attract masses and sell more numbers than Kushaq. The interior also looks conventional and practical with three-spoke flat-bottom steering, button, and knobs in the center console (I hope VW keeps the same in production) instead of touch as given in the Kushaq.

Not sure if this is due to the lighting but the black color GT badging which is embossed in the black color grill is almost invisible. Shouldn’t it be looking in contrast color?

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-taigun-gt.jpg
swoosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 13:09   #34
BHPian

I must admit that I have started to hate the VAG group for such ridiculous unveil events.I have never owned their vehicles and was hopefully looking forward to these. If this is how they manage their unveil events and also that careless typo in the invite as well where they mentioned Taigun as Taiguna, I feel like they don't deserve the level of respect I was giving them in my mind.

Is it possible to create a poll showing how prospective Kushaq/Taigun customers are taking these events i.e they find it ok, they like it, they hate it ? Seems like most of the people are hating these.

On the other hand, lets look at how Mahindra is dealing with XUV500 which is also due for a launch in near future. It is not like stakes are not high for Mahindra. No such nonsense events and come with a bang when you are ready.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-vag.jpeg  

viscosity is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 13:15   #35
BHPian

Any idea what colours are on offer? Any Dual colour schemes?
Old 31st March 2021, 13:19   #36
BHPian

Design makes a difference and somehow even with same dimensions Taigun looks bigger than Kushaq. Has a better presence at least on pics and looks justified in the size segment of Korean Twins of Creta and Seltos.

Yes the unveil is slow and very frustrating but just imagine - Moving from 70% localisation to 95% localisation with maintaining the ethos that brand stands for, VW would be very selective in finalising suppliers and is a time consuming process. If quality control was not in top of their agendas, these cars would have been in market by now and somewhere youtubers would have been bashing the quality from VW.

Finding suppliers is like a business marriage, with a bigger checklist the search is always longer.

So yes I am irritated by this slow launch but I always want to have a safe and robust VW.

Last edited by steadfast : 31st March 2021 at 13:31.
steadfast is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 13:24   #37
S15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Since the naming is so confusing, can someone explain the approximate price bracket for all four and their would be competitors ? For instance the only vehicle I am familiar with is the Tiguan and I know it plays into the Fortuner/Endeavour price bracket with them as competitors.
• MQB A0 - Volkswagen T-Cross - Skoda Kamiq = Sub 4m cars, priced at kia sonet turbo/venue turbo level
• MQB A0-IN - Volkswagen Taigun - Skoda Kushaq = 4.2 metre cars, creta seltos competitors
• MQB A1 - Volkswagen T-Roc - Skoda Karoq = brought as CBU, now sold out
• MQB A2 - Volkswagen Tiguan (Allspace) - Skoda Kodiaq = fortuner endeavour competitors. The kodiaq, especially from the side, looks really big.
S15 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 13:27   #38
BHPian

I don't understand how the t-roc is different kushaq/taigun. Similar dimensions. It's just that t-roc is a CBU. Could Volkswagen not have built it in India instead of going through all the trouble of designing a brand new car?
professor.march is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 13:29   #39
BHPian

I understand that VW wants to collect various data of people interests, social media comments, expert's view, particular segment customer's view on Taigun before they work on variants and its pricing. However, it is taking way too much time and VW and skoda literally killing their products even before their launch.

VW/ Skoda is very much concerned about their product pricing, because of this they are working very hard in collecting all kinds of data for pricing and cost cutting in cars. For example: Kushaq doesn't come with all auto power windows. Pricing these cars bad and making it flop will affect future plans as well for the brand.

At the same time, VW/Skoda is not realising that potential buyers and the market is losing interest and literally bored with these lame previews.

Onething VW/Skoda should understand, they never going to outsell Koreans from any of the VAG cars including overseas models.

I adore VW/Skoda for their good cars but I hate them for messing up like this.
Karthik.thm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 13:37   #40
BHPian

I hope they price the car between 10-16 lakhs because they are gonna be offering 1.0 3 cylinder engine in base variants and I don’t think so buying it would really make any sense if price goes beyond 10 lakhs (ex showroom).
Old 31st March 2021, 13:38   #41
Senior - BHPian

Old 31st March 2021, 13:42   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekjsk View Post

At this pace Kia Seltos facelift will hit the market before the VW/Skoda twins and then they will be on back foot. Strange strategy.

I can see that the GT variant does not has a panoramic sunroof. Any info on Paddle shifters for AT variants.
As per dealers, KIA Seltos Facelift will have only minor feature additions like Sunroof. Is it really going to affect the market.
Old 31st March 2021, 13:48   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscosity View Post
On the other hand, lets look at how Mahindra is dealing with XUV500 which is also due for a launch in near future. It is not like stakes are not high for Mahindra. No such nonsense events and come with a bang when you are ready.
It seems like VW has already started the production of the Taigun. My dad has booked a Polo TSI and the dealer is saying Polo production is slow given VW is right now prioritizing Taigun. They really want to enter with a bang if this is true
sid_deb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 14:00   #44
BHPian

The Marketing Team at VW have gone bonkers. They think that people will remain curious for the interiors and somehow, interest in the product will be maintained.

They should hire folks from Team-BHP forum I think!

Only redeeming factor could be a really differentiated and more feature loaded interior at a later date. Come to think of it, I think MG is already moving the goal post by offering Level 1 Autonomous System, although it is too early for India, but IMHO we have to start at sometime. Something as simple as Automated Parking and AEB will be a bit helpful. This would help in differentiating the product from Skoda as well.

Furthermore, It would be interesting to see the Fuel Economy of these cars, considering they are only petrol. As a prospective customer, I would be buying only if FE is more than 15KMPL in City.
sidharthg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 14:00   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S15 View Post
• MQB A0 - Volkswagen T-Cross - Skoda Kamiq = Sub 4m cars, priced at kia sonet turbo/venue turbo level
• MQB A0-IN - Volkswagen Taigun - Skoda Kushaq = 4.2 metre cars, creta seltos competitors
• MQB A1 - Volkswagen T-Roc - Skoda Karoq = brought as CBU, now sold out
• MQB A2 - Volkswagen Tiguan (Allspace) - Skoda Kodiaq = fortuner endeavour competitors. The kodiaq, especially from the side, looks really big.
This information is wrong.
MQB A0 - Global MQB platform for Kamiq and Tcross. They are not sub 4 metre. They are global products. Kamiq and Tcross won't be launched in India.
MQB A0 IN - MQB A0 customised for India market. Taigun and Kushaq are the cars in this segment.
MQB A1 - Troc and Karoq global products imported to IN as CBU.
MQB A2- Tiguan, Kodiaq, All Space, Audi Q3, Audi Q5 (most proabably).

There is nothing like VW sub 4 metre currently.
steadfast is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks