Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2021, 19:01   #61
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
Attachment 2139119

Given that we won't see the car in person anytime soon, I tried to imagine its dimensions. The overall length does not matter as much to me as the wheel base will take care of seating comfort.

However to imagine width, as a comparison, I took the dimensions of my existing 2007 Honda Civic. I find the width of the Civic perfect and roomy for my liking. The external width of the Civic is 1753 mm and the internal usable width (Left to Right, front door panels) is about 1375mm.

The Taigun external width is very close at 1760. If they offer a similar internal space (left door to right door panel) this could be roomy enough.
Internal Shoulder Room Comparison of Creta vs Seltos -

https://www.carwale.com/hyundai-cars...ions-compared/
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-shoulderroom.png  

MaanSingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 19:09   #62

As someone who owns a Honda City - which provides a stress-free ownership/ maintenance experience, I was wondering if there are still apprehensions in the market regarding the after-sales service quality/ long term reliability of cars (read availability & costs of parts) in the VW-Skoda stable.

Can someone please shed more light on the same, as that would be a relevant factor for a discerning buyer? Thanks!
sidhnik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 19:16   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Unless you are some insider having access to information which is not available to general public, how do you know that VW has not compromised on safety? The development of Indian specific platform itself is a cost-cutting measure and we don't know what corners have been cut. And sorry to say that we can't just go by what the manufacturer claims. If the car is tested by GNCAP and certified as 5*, then I will agree that VAG has done the right tradeoff by prioritizing safety over creature comfort. Till that point, nobody knows and omission of rear disc brakes does not give me confidence in saying that safety has not been compromised. But, happy to be proven wrong.
Sorry if my comment is not clear. I mentioned that I have some trust in Zac's twitter posts but nevertheless it must be proven by GNCAP results. Regarding discs, Seltos with all four wheel discs is compromised on safety and customers are facing brake failures (Brake failure issues in the Kia Seltos) on the road.
Old 31st March 2021, 19:31   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post

However to imagine width, as a comparison, I took the dimensions of my existing 2007 Honda Civic. I find the width of the Civic perfect and roomy for my liking. The external width of the Civic is 1753 mm and the internal usable width (Left to Right, front door panels) is about 1375mm.

The Taigun external width is very close at 1760. If they offer a similar internal space (left door to right door panel) this could be roomy enough.
Somehow, in the modern cars the claimed width doesn't always get translated in to usable width inside. Jeep Compass has a width of 1818mm on paper but the car is quite narrow inside. Most of the reviewers have said that the Skoda Kushaq is a good for 2 adults (and a kid in-between) and the Taigun should be similar.
Old 31st March 2021, 22:02   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

The TAIGUN:

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-0.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-3.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-2.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-1.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 22:23   #66
BHPian

So the event is over, YouTube videos are out, and we don't know anything more than what we knew yesterday about Taigun other than to disappoint people who were waiting for Panoramic glass roof(I for one wont miss this feature though).

Interestingly there is feature parity between Kushaq and Taigun except for the digital dashboard. Would be interesting to see how they price both in this case.

Overall it looks like another VW product(which of course is a good thing). GT badging looks good and it should be a great package. Not sure about the red break calipers, I dont think that is going to age very well.

Can anyone confirm if Taigun is also getting the Wireless Apple CarPlay?

At the end of the day, I agree with most of the us here, pricing is the key which is going to decide the feat of this.
SBM3J is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 22:30   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The TAIGUN:

Attachment 2139217

AN INDUSTRY FIRST!!!

You can not see the interior, but you get to read about it! VW being very generous there.
Extremely disappointed. A whole event just to release (already leaked) exterior pictures of the car. And the funny part is there is no significant difference in the exterior between the Taigun GT (production-spec) and the Taigun concept showcased at the Auto Expo
udaikalra01 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 22:43   #68
Senior - BHPian

Looks cheap, lacks class, shouts made FOR China and mildly tinkered for India, overdose of chrome, ugly launch shade, wheels look like a school kids drawing submitted hurriedly before the bell rings.

VW, sometimes you even outdo yourself !
AMG Power is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 10:38   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhnik View Post
As someone who owns a Honda City - which provides a stress-free ownership/ maintenance experience, I was wondering if there are still apprehensions in the market regarding the after-sales service quality/ long term reliability of cars (read availability & costs of parts) in the VW-Skoda stable.

Can someone please shed more light on the same, as that would be a relevant factor for a discerning buyer? Thanks!
Having owned a Honda City in the past, I would say VW service is way better than Honda atleast in Delhi. Honda people start looting once your warranty gets over. Whereas in VW if you have good association with the Service Manager you get hassle free experience and discounts on parts & service. In addition you can see your car serviced standing right next to it. For me VW after sales service has been way better than Honda.
TJ02 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 11:36   #70
BHPian

Why is VW group hell-bent on such similar sounding names and confusing names. Tiguan, Taigun , Kodaq, Karoq, Kamiaq, Kushaq. After repeatedly seeing the news and TBHP blogs. I am still confused as to which model is in which category and price brackets, forget features and competition! Very confusing and difficult sounding names.
Raghuwire is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 11:46   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Indian Polo is still good, but the Euro version feels much superior.
This! I owned a 2016 Polo GT and the interiors rattled from day 1. The front discs stopped running true every 10k, steering shuddered and no VW mechanic could figure out why. As much fun the powertrain was, the rest of the car just yelled "cheap & poverty spec".

I usually stay away from highly localized "Made for India" products from global OEMs. CKD/CBU are the only ones worth the money. High localization means jugaad, low safety numbers, poor NVH etc. The only SUVs from VAG worth getting will be the T-Roc/Karoq and above. Taigun/Kushaq are just a ploy by VAG to con people into paying SUV money for a product that would demand 12-14L as a hatchback.
yd_gli is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 11:55   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yd_gli View Post
This! I owned a 2016 Polo GT and the interiors rattled from day 1. The front discs stopped running true every 10k, steering shuddered and no VW mechanic could figure out why. As much fun the powertrain was, the rest of the car just yelled "cheap & poverty spec".
Well I cannot comment on the made for India cars by VW/Skoda as they are not out in the market. But the steering shudder is a common issue with VW cars. Even I faced this issue and the solution is to ensure your car cleaner does not throw dirty water on the wheels. Over time the dirty water starts impacting the disc thickness and thus results in shuddering. The VW service center used a caliper to show me the impact of dirt on the disc thickness and how it had made the discs uneven. There was once even a silent recall by VW for the discs in 2019 for few cars manufactured in 2018.

Last edited by vb-saan : 1st April 2021 at 13:18. Reason: Quote tags fixed
TJ02 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 12:06   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghuwire View Post
Why is VW group hell-bent on such similar sounding names and confusing names. Tiguan, Taigun , Kodaq, Karoq, Kamiaq, Kushaq. After repeatedly seeing the news and TBHP blogs. I am still confused as to which model is in which category and price brackets, forget features and competition! Very confusing and difficult sounding names.
Totally agree with you on this. And if us enthusiasts have a problem recalling names and segments, I cannot imagine the confusion for others.

It is especially very wrong of them to keep the first and last letters of all these names the same.

This will explain why -

Quote:
"It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."
aravind.anand is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 12:20   #74
BHPian

[quote=TJ02;5034845]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yd_gli View Post
Yes I can understand how you will feel when you go through these issues on your vehicles. But I personally feel, that in every production process there could be an issue where there is 0.01% to 0.02% of the vehicle that get produced will have issues. I feel its our bad luck to get those. Even in those products, the QC would have identified the bug, but the fix may have not worked. I have used Polo from 2010- 2015 with zero niggles and issues and Vento from 2015 till date without any issues. Am sure many have used the products without pain as well. Once the % age of localizations increases, the quality will be in line with the Indian made vehicles as most of the parts are coming from the same ecosystem. In the automobile industry, there is a concept of VE/VA- which will push all the parts manufacturer to reengineer the process and ensure that they pass on savings on efficiencies to the OEM. Lot of Tier 2/3 manufactures will use cheaper materials and engineer the products and preserve the functionality of the part. The costs savings need to be passed on to the OEMs. So buying any vehicle in the second / third year after introduction will have an impact of VA/VE
Lalitha Venkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 12:41   #75
BHPian

I wish VW would have used less chrome in the front & went with the new family face (wider grill) like the one in European T-Cross, Tiguan. IMO, this already looks a generation older.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks