Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2021, 21:49   #196
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Volkswagen Taigun ( T-Cross for LHD Markets) has arrived in Philippines. It will officially go on sale starting May 26.

Taigun in different colours, Tribu Yellow, Romance Red, Syringa Violet, and Chinchilla Gray.

Attachment 2152070
So the other markets get a panoramic sunroof but India gets a small one? Not cool VW
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 12:24   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

The Taigun's looks are growing on me. The Gray color looks subdued and stylish while the Yellow is elegant yet striking. The Syringa Violet color looks grotesque though!

I am sure we should get a few other colors in India like White, Black and Blue. The Blue and red have been covered in media drives, in addition to the yellow. VW has all the makings of a hit on their hands if they can price the Taigun competitively and also make spares costs available at low cost point. Ford did an aggressive campaign to take on the perception that service for Ford cars was expensive and proved comprehensively the facts were just the opposite - thier spares and service was way cheaper than competitors. VW should so something like this.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 4th May 2021 at 12:44.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 15:15   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto1212 View Post
I was going through the interior pictures and noticed something new.

Isn't that a Lane keep assist icon? This must be a segment-first feature, isn't it?

Attachment 2150860
In all likelihood these are just pictures from the T-Cross, and not from the Taigun.

If the much more expensive Tiguan doesn’t get ADAS, how would the Taigun?

(The names are really tongue twisters now if put in the same sentence!)

Besides, when 99% of our roads done have lane markings and 100% of the traffic tends to be Brownian motion, lane departure prevention etc would hardly be of any use.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th May 2021 at 11:16. Reason: spacing for improved readability
one-77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 15:40   #199
BHPian

Is it a wise move to choose VW Taigun 1.5L DSG over the Seltos 1.4L DCT?

I'm afraid that VW is holding off "wow" factor features (Panoramic sunroof, 360-degree camera, electric seat adjustment, etc) for their facelift which may be launched a year after, if that's the case many early buyers will get disappointed.
Old 7th May 2021, 17:41   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto1212 View Post
Is it a wise move to choose VW Taigun 1.5L DSG over the Seltos 1.4L DCT?

I'm afraid that VW is holding off "wow" factor features (Panoramic sunroof, 360-degree camera, electric seat adjustment, etc) for their facelift which may be launched a year after, if that's the case many early buyers will get disappointed.
They are trying to short change the loyal VW people with this tactic. They know that there going to be a few "early adopters" who are brand loyal. VW is trying to fool them by holding off the "wow" features for the facelift.

But to be fair, VW is not alone in this. There are a lot of companies who try to exploit their loyal customers.
SBM3J is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 18:05   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBM3J View Post
They are trying to short change the loyal VW people with this tactic. They know that there going to be a few "early adopters" who are brand loyal. VW is trying to fool them by holding off the "wow" features for the facelift.

But to be fair, VW is not alone in this. There are a lot of companies who try to exploit their loyal customers.
I hope they offer the highest trim without any kind of sun roof. In the long run its a huge headache to maintain.
NevGin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 18:28   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBM3J View Post

Exactly, all brands do this. Even Kia did this with Sonet and Seltos. Both received many new features after the launch.

I'm really stuck between whether to be an early adopter of Taigun or to get the recent Seltos facelift.
Old 7th May 2021, 18:48   #203
BHPian

What is the expected price of the base models of Kusahq and Taigun? Any chance of a sub 10L starting price?
Old 7th May 2021, 19:22   #204
BHPian

From the T-Cross brochure on the VW Philippines website.

1. Both front and rear wheels have disk brakes
2. There is a panoramic sunroof on offer in the higher trim
3. Single engine on offer - 1.5L, 113 Ps, 145 Nm
4. Ground clearance lower by about 12mm from the India spec Taigun

So they put all disk brakes on a car that has lower power than the India spec? Strange.
NevGin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 10:38   #205
BHPian

Will there be GNCAP ratings before the launch?

The MQB A0 IN platform for India is probably a cost-cutting move. I really hope VW didn't comprise on safety as Kia did with the Indian version of Seltos.
Old 9th May 2021, 22:18   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Volkswagen Taigun ( T-Cross for LHD Markets) has arrived in Philippines. It will officially go on sale starting May 26.

Source
Must say that the grey inserts around the bumper fog lamps and indicators look absolutely hideous. The Kushaq looks much better for sure.
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 10:34   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
What is the expected price of the base models of Kusahq and Taigun? Any chance of a sub 10L starting price?
We can hope for the base variant to definitely start under 10L. Most other cars in the same segment have their base variant starting under 10L to save taxes for the consumer.
Turbolove is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 10:53   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbolove View Post
We can hope for the base variant to definitely start under 10L. Most other cars in the same segment have their base variant starting under 10L to save taxes for the consumer.
I am evaluating the base variants of Seltos and Creta. I will add the base variants of Kushaq and Taigun to the comparison table as well.
Old 10th May 2021, 11:20   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
I am evaluating the base variants of Seltos and Creta. I will add the base variants of Kushaq and Taigun to the comparison table as well.
Since Skoda has already confirmed that ESP will be standard on all their variants, it definitely ha a leg up on the Creta and Seltos. Ofcourse the bootspace is a downer though.
Turbolove is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 22:27   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
And please, you don't have to see the car always to get disappointed. If someone does not like the features: price ratio, he/she can reject the car without seeing it.
I find this thread hilarious. In a country where most take decision to get married based on a snap, if at all, what's wrong in deciding whether a car matches our need based on a photograph and some carefully crafted details released by the seller. We surely are not a TD driven people. Indians by and large make decisions on notions and minimum information, be it a spouse or an AC or a toaster oven. A manufacturer has to factor all this in while making their Sales Kit ready for the most important presentation, that of the First look.

I think its bigoted to rundown design. What's fish for one is Poisson (French for Fish) for the other. Picasso can be loved or hated. Who gives anyone the right to run down Creta and trod heavily on those who have indeed chosen the car for its design, I'm sure many have too.

IMHO we need to review the car for what it is, a car not its feature list. That is currently not feasible as no one is allowed inside leave alone TD it. The feature list is personal. Some like it hot, some like it cold,some like it in the pot 9 days old.
armumbai is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks