Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2021, 17:12   #346
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
^
Thanks for sharing the video.
It is very clear that VW is going to position the Taigun over the Kushaq but it is not clear what will justify the premium.
I shudder to think what would happen is VW decides to go whole hog!

Put the extra airbags, Digital instrumentation, softer touch materials and power seats. Price these additional specs over the top end Kushaq and we could have some frightful pricing.

In the interview, Ashish also mentioned that they are still discussing on trim levels on each variant. With the launch being on the 18 of August, I wonder why that is still not a shut a sealed decision.
Old 21st July 2021, 17:50   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
I shudder to think what would happen is VW decides to go whole hog!

Put the extra airbags, Digital instrumentation, softer touch materials and power seats. Price these additional specs over the top end Kushaq and we could have some frightful pricing.

In the interview, Ashish also mentioned that they are still discussing on trim levels on each variant. With the launch being on the 18 of August, I wonder why that is still not a shut a sealed decision.
It is. He just won’t say that publicaly so he doesn’t have the answer the next question!
Old 22nd July 2021, 19:37   #348
BHPian

While the speculation on the Taigun's prices is a damp squib, one must always keep hopes up! And on that note, presenting to you the Taigun GTI!

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-taigun-gti.png

This is just wishful thinking on my part. But with so many Polos getting modified to resemble the GTI, its not far-fetched to think that some Taigun owners will also be giving their cars a similar treatment and they can pick up some ideas from here.

You can also watch the video of it on YouTube. My channel: Gearboxart
TheGearBox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 19:55   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbarve View Post
Ashish Gupta has revealed Taigun Launch details in the video below
=====
So expect mark up on Kushaq on corresponding variants. I just hope that premium wont scare away people to start exploring TROC
This is good news. I've been waiting for an update on Taigun for a long time now. Thanks for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Thanks for sharing the video.
It is very clear that VW is going to position the Taigun over the Kushaq but it is not clear what will justify the premium. He mentions better quality materials and some 'key equipment' but the only thing which we know so far is the digital cockpit.

I think VW does have an opportunity by providing 6 airbags in the top variants and better quality interiors as the Kushaq interiors definitely falls short of expectations. But, unless the differentiation over the Kushaq is significant enough, it is will be hard to justify any sort of premium, I doubt customers will pay up more for the VW 'global design language'.
I checked out Kushaq Style variant last week with wife. Although we loved the shape and size of Kushaq, the interiors materials and fit-finish were more of a disappointment.
If Taigun can improve the interior and provide Digital cockpit, I think a premium of 20k-30k should not be a problem.
Missing 6 airbags on Kushaq AT is a mistake and IMHO, if Taigun comes with 6 airbags on AT versions, VAG shouldn't treat this as a premium rather a mistake corrected. Hopefully, its corrected on Kushaq as well.

Also, Taigun 1.5 TSI + DSG + 6 airbags + Better interiors + Digital Cockpit will be atleast 1 lac more expensive than Kushaq 1.5 TSI + DSG. So, I believe Digital Cockpit will be available only on a GT variant and this would be equivalent to the L&K ( or monte carlo ) variant of Kushaq.
rAijin_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 20:48   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbarve View Post

Dynamic Drive - Aug first week
Pre-Bookings open - Aug Mid
Launch and Deliveries - Sep 3rd week (Was hoping I get my new car before Ganesh Chaturthi, that wont happen)
This is disappointing. Will they start delivering 1.5 DSG from Sep 3rd week? or will it get delayed like how it happened with Kushaq?
Old 22nd July 2021, 21:21   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto1212 View Post
This is disappointing. Will they start delivering 1.5 DSG from Sep 3rd week? or will it get delayed like how it happened with Kushaq?
The dealer said just like the Kushaq, they expect it to come in after the 1.0. Leaning towards Oct delivery as it seems for the 1.5.
NevGin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 06:54   #352
BHPian

Got a call from VW sales guy. They are accepting pre-bookings at 21k refundable amount, car deliveries in Sep 2nd half.

Prices of Taigun he said are likely to be between 12 and 22 lakhs.

If i work backwards, 22 lakhs implies ex-showroom price of 18.5 for the top end. To put it in perspective, TROC was 19.9 lakhs ex-showroom last year. Taigun is comparable to Tcross which is a level below Troc.

By having a sub standard configuration for 1.5 DSG Kushaq (no 6 airbags, no tpms etc), they have ensured this set of buyers will opt for VW over Kushaq for the the top end model and hence see potential for profit maximization in this sub product.

I would say leaving out 6 airbags was a well thought out move, i dont expect smart folks to miss what we all think is obvious for their once in a decade product....
Old 25th July 2021, 10:58   #353
BHPian

Some of points which I understand after the express drive interview of Mr. Ashish Gupta.

1. When he was talking about Digital Cockpit, he did mention “Variants” so hopefully Digital Cockpit will be available on both the 1.0 & 1.5 TSI top trims.

2. When asked about differences being offer on Taigun, he did mention he would not like to reveal few of the features right away, linking his statement back to news that was published on Team BHP, Taigun could get ADAS features. Here is the link to the news http://www.team-bhp.com/news/volkswa...-adas-features

One thing that I would have loved kushaq to come equipped with was digital instrument cluster and I am glad at least VW is planning to bring it, my only concern about the launch remains is the pricing.
EmpyreanKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 14:32   #354
BHPian

Hello everyone,
We have been eagerly waiting for both the Kushaq and the Taigun (1.5 DSG variant) and considering it as the next car for my Dad who currently drives the 1st gen auto Creta.
Had a look at kushaq but with out digital instrument cluster etc, lacks an upmarket feel.
Considering the Taigun will be 20 + in terms of pricing (1.5 DSG top end), we are seriously looking at the T-Roc which is a CBU ( higher quality levels) with an onroad price around 26.0L.
We will be taking a test drive etc to decide. On paper they (Taigun , T Roc) seem closely matched.
Assuming a price difference of around 3 to 4 lakhs is it worth signing into the exclusivity of owning a T Roc and quality levels of a CBU vs the Taigun. While we are inclined to think so, would love to hear everyone's views.
Old 26th July 2021, 15:07   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goan View Post
Hello everyone,
Considering the Taigun will be 20 + in terms of pricing (1.5 DSG top end), we are seriously looking at the T-Roc which is a CBU ( higher quality levels) with an onroad price around 26.0L.
We will be taking a test drive etc to decide. On paper they (Taigun , T Roc) seem closely matched.
Assuming a price difference of around 3 to 4 lakhs is it worth signing into the exclusivity of owning a T Roc and quality levels of a CBU vs the Taigun. While we are inclined to think so, would love to hear everyone's views.
Frankly, we should not compare Taigun and T-Roc. They belong to slightly different segments. Taigun is more in line with the T-Cross or Skoda Kamiq. Frankly, we would be happier if VAG launched the T-Roc rather than the T-Cross in India.
Regarding CBUs, agreed that you get a better quality level, but, it comes with a lot of issues as well. To list a few:
  • More expensive maintenance.
  • Problem with ASC since majority of service personnel may not know about the vehicle. If you are in a tier 2 or tier 3 city, this may become more difficult and annoying.
  • Peculiar issues with more peculiar solutions that lead to more peculiar issues.
  • More expensive parts - since the unit is a CBU. Sometimes, you may need a smaller (relatively cheaper) part, but you end up replacing a bigger part (more expensive), because the cheaper part alone is not available.
  • A lot more waiting time for a part replacement. It may take weeks or (sometimes) months.
  • Not recommended if this is the only car you would be using. If you have more than 1-2 cars at home, you can have fun with a CBU.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th July 2021 at 17:51. Reason: Typos
rAijin_ is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 26th July 2021, 17:02   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,
I would certainly recommend the T-Roc if you are thinking of going in for a top end version of the Taigun. For a few lakhs difference in price, you get a proper Euro car that has not been watered down for India at all, since it is a CBU. Even the ride height has not been raised, which is a common practice for CBU Sedans and not required for this cross-over. At the same time, due to the fact that the engine, gearbox etc. are shared, you do not have to worry about availability of replacement parts in the future.
Old 26th July 2021, 17:28   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I would certainly recommend the T-Roc if you are thinking of going in for a top end version of the Taigun. For a few lakhs difference in price, you get a proper Euro car that has not been watered down for India at all, since it is a CBU. Even the ride height has not been raised, which is a common practice for CBU Sedans and not required for this cross-over. At the same time, due to the fact that the engine, gearbox etc. are shared, you do not have to worry about availability of replacement parts in the future.
I'm considering the Kushaq and the T-roc to replace our AWD Duster, but I've heard a lot of negative press about the rear seat space in T-roc. Is it in the same realm as the duster? Mostly want it as a comfortable 4 seater, but will need to seat 5 from time to time (30% of usage)
Old 26th July 2021, 17:34   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAijin_ View Post
Frankly, we should not compare Taigun and T-Roc. They belong to slightly different segments. Taigun is more in line with the T-Cross or Skoda Kamiq. Frankly, we would be happier if VAG launched the T-Roc rather than the T-Cross in India.
Regarding CBUs, agreed that you get a better quality level, but, it comes with a lot of issues as well. To list a few:
  • More expensive maintenance.
  • Problem with ASC since majority of service personnel may not know about the vehicle. If you are in a tier 2 or tier 3 city, this may become more difficult and annoying.
  • Peculiar issues with more peculiar solutions that lead to more peculiar issues.
  • More expensive parts - since the unit is a CBU. Sometimes, you may need a smaller (relatively cheaper) part, but you end up replacing a bigger part (more expensive), because the cheaper part alone is not available.
  • A lot more waiting time for a part replacement. It may take weeks or (sometimes) months.
  • Not recommended if this is the only car you would be using. If you have more than 1-2 cars at home, you can have fun with a CBU.
Thanks for your response. The very fact you outlined about them being in different segments coupled with a small price difference between the top end Taigun and the T Roc just make it that much more appealing. I am based in Goa and will check with dealer on how many they have sold here and the parts availability scenario. Possibility of higher parts cost is a genuine concern as you rightly mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
You certainly make a great case for the T Roc. I will be taking a test drive sometime this week with the dealer here and get some clarifications on the servicing/spare parts scenario since this is a CBU.
The quote I received for the T-ROC is as follows
Ex showroom price 21.35 L
TDS - 21350
Handling charges 20000
Insurance with nil dep 1.01 L
RTO 3.37 L
Std accessories 12500
Extended warranty 4+1 - 33040
Total 26.60 L

Last edited by Aditya : 27th July 2021 at 16:11. Reason: Quoted text edited
Old 26th July 2021, 19:43   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Taigun Production To Begin On August 18.

- reckon the compact SUV will go on sale towards the end of next month.

- VW SUV has an integrated infotainment setup instead of the Skoda’s floating unit.

- the digital driver display, which isn’t present in the Kushaq.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 10:58   #360
BANNED

Go for the Taigun top variant. Dont go for T-Roc. All these hype about CBU become marginal once the car is driven on road. You may not even feel the difference due to many other factors which come into play.

Not to mention the long waiting time for spare parts. There is no guarantee that VW would share T-Roc's parts with Taigun even if they are compatible. You may have to wait. Just go for the Taigun and enjoy the transforming Indianess of the brand. Even if there are any quality compromises, I am sure it won't be very alarming. Atleast the availability and reliability factor of the car would be higher compared to T-Roc.

Quote:
Hello everyone,
We have been eagerly waiting for both the Kushaq and the Taigun (1.5 DSG variant) and considering it as the next car for my Dad who currently drives the 1st gen auto Creta.
Had a look at kushaq but with out digital instrument cluster etc, lacks an upmarket feel.
overtaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks