Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2021, 15:21   #436
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview

Is there any info on the fully loaded DSG variant having 6 airbags or not?
Old 3rd August 2021, 15:24   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
- Plain silver alloys and not diamond cut type
- No LED headlamps
- No virtual cockpit
- No keyless start/stop

Leather seat upholstery with front ventilated seats as well I guess. This GT trim, then, should be priced significantly lower than Kushaq's manual 1.5 TSI.
Old 3rd August 2021, 18:42   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Looks like the Taigun GT manual loses out on so many features compared to the DSG.

- Plain silver alloys and not diamond cut type
- No LED headlamps
- No virtual cockpit
- No keyless start/stop

Those looking at the manual have a better option in the Kushaq. And DSG customers can look at Taigun.
That will be quite disappointing, and prima facie without any rationale. One will have to either give up driving pleasure with manual or the goodies to make it more comfortable for the family.

The only possible reason could be to nudge such customers to Kushaq's top end .
Old 3rd August 2021, 20:21   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

VW Taigun on road: More presence than Kushaq?

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-e73tefrxsacdrif.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-e73tefwweau0bzk.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-e73tefswebmu3so.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun | A Close Look & Preview-e73tefcxsascxl9.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd August 2021 at 20:27.
volkman10 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 20:43   #440
BANNED

All the sticker and wrap shops must be hoping this one becomes a sales success.

Because every buyer is inevitably going to end up wrapping the body coloured interior; the older/more mature ones either faux-wood or beige, and the younger (at heart or otherwise) carbon fibre.
SNA411 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 21:10   #441
Senior - BHPian

5 Color Options for Volkswagen Taigun confirmed.

1. Kurkuma Yellow
2. Wild Cherry Red
3. Carbon Steel
4. Reflex Silver
5. Candy White

GT Line will be exclusively available with 1.5 TSI EVO Engine.

Manual will be called GT.
DSG will be called as GT+

Comfortline and Highline are the variants in pictures in above posts.

More details awaited.
CarguyNish is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 21:43   #442
BHPian

I didnt get this. AFAI Understand, yellow is Automatic 1.5 GT, Red is Manual 1.5 GT. Where did you spot the comfortline and Highline models?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
5 Color Options for Volkswagen Taigun confirmed.

Comfortline and Highline are the variants in pictures in above posts.

More details awaited.
Old 3rd August 2021, 22:52   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbarve View Post
I didnt get this. AFAI Understand, yellow is Automatic 1.5 GT, Red is Manual 1.5 GT. Where did you spot the comfortline and Highline models?
Yes, Yellow car is 1.5 GT DSG and Red is 1.5 GT Manual.

Why I took Comfortline and Highline names are because if the design elements and equipment list that makes up for it.

To make it simple, GT Line is offered as a different variant exclusively with 1.5 TSI.

Volkswagen even offers R Line internationally, so this GT Line is one below it. Some different design elements and some sporty things make up the GT Line. It's not a Higher Variant in their lineup.

Their lineup is Trendline/Comfortline/Highline/Highline Plus, this is what we have seen in their various products.

To clarify even further, the Red car above is a 1.5 TSI Manual, but the interiors and exterior features present in it are clearly relatable to Mid Spec Trim which in this case is Comfortline.

The Yellow car is again a 1.5 TSI but DSG. It's exteriors get Diamond cut alloys, Black Roof, LED headlights, etc while Interiors have Virtual Cockpit, Sunroof, etc to name a few which are all features present in top spec variant which VW calls Highline.

That's the same thing I mentioned in previous post.

Red is a Mid Variant in GT Line Avatar, while Yellow is Top Variant. There will also be 1.0 TSI which is the silver car posted in previous pages, that'll get some visual difference compared to GT Line.
CarguyNish is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 01:57   #444
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Come on VW! The 1.5 TSi should have been available in the top end trim(still hoping against hope). Guess this is to peacefully coexist with its sibling, the Kushaq which does offer a fully speced manual 1.5.

Another thing which I noticed is that the mid variant(GT/Comfortline) does not get LED lights vis-a-vis the Kushaq ambition. I guess this is to compensate for the VW premium that VAG is gonna charge over an equivalent Skoda.

I do appreciate the analogue dials in the mid spec though. While they aren't exhilarating, they are contemporary and look quite decent, just how the Seltos' unit does. On the other hand, the Kushaq's dials remind me of 10 year old Skodas(the Laura and the Fabia).

Overall, I like the Taigun's design(especially the interior) much more than the Kushaq. But since the 1.5 TSI manual would be my ideal pick among the twins, it would be difficult to avoid the Kushaq Style variant. If VW offers 6 airbags in the GT manual, I may still lean towards the Taigun for its overall look. Prima facie, it does appear to have retained more of the VAG traits as compared to the Kushaq.
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 06:59   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNA411 View Post
All the sticker and wrap shops must be hoping this one becomes a sales success.

Because every buyer is inevitably going to end up wrapping the body coloured interior; the older/more mature ones either faux-wood or beige, and the younger (at heart or otherwise) carbon fibre.
I'm not so sure. I've got an Ecosport S and it has lots of orange inserts, and most people who sit in my car are big fans of it. Personally I would have preferred silver inserts, but I can't deny it has grown on me.
Old 4th August 2021, 08:37   #446

I have been comparing Taigun (top trim with DSG) with T-Roc (single trim with DSG)..

Taigun: ventilated seats, Cruise control, smaller sunroof, cooled glovebox (Not sure, but assuming as its sibling Kushaq offers it) , MQB-A0-IN, manual handbrake, expected ORP for top end DSG: 21-22 L

T-Roc: has seat heating feature, does not get cruise control, has panaromic sunroof, MQB-AI (Superior platform), no handbrake (controlled via P mode itself), 6 airbags standard, best deal from nearby VAG showroom 25.5 L ORP

Common Engine is on offer on both variants i am comparing which is a 1.5L TSI Evo with ACT tech. Highway efficiency of this engine with speeds around 70-90 kmph is about17-19 kmpl.

With about 3-4L savings and reliability considering its being made in India, opinion is inclined towards buying the Taigun. However, another key element is whether they will provide 6 airbags in the top trim which its sibling does not.

Cheers !!
nitinsagar22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 08:37   #447
BHPian

The market is being flooded with high-gc hatchbacks. Nobody wants sedans or real SUVs anymore.

Don't get me wrong, they must follow the trend to survive. But it is very disheartening from a traditional enthusiast's perspective.

I didn't really like the Kushaq, probably won't like the Taigun as well. Screens and LEDs everywhere and on everything doesn't cut it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
The coloured inserts in the dash are also offered in the Polo Mk6 and T cross in other markets. Don't see how everybody is surprised at the same being offered here.
Everybody is surprised because VW actually decided to bring something that's being done abroad to India. VW has a penchant to not bring international things here, just like Ford.

Last edited by vredesbyrd : 4th August 2021 at 08:41.
vredesbyrd is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 09:17   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto1212 View Post
Attachment 2187891

Roof lining looks poor quality just like Kushaq.
No offence to you mate but I just don't understand how is this damn test being used for determining the premiumness or quality of the roof liner by some so called journalists . If people think that this is cheap, then they should try the same test on the 5th gen Honda City, in that vehicle too the roof liner is not tucked in from the front.

What I want to say is that it's just a design and not cost cutting as some are portraying it to be. Had it been a sign of premiumness, then my Maruti 800 would be more premium than a City/Kushaq/Taigun .
Lowflyer23 is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 10:07   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Oh no, what a terribly cheap shiny plastic on the dashboard.
Can't believe VW has gone for this - a brand which stands for class, elegance and timeless designs.

So, this is what their deep market research came up with. I would be happy if they stick to CBUs instead of subjecting us to these crappy designs in the guise of 'Indianization'.
Well, VW did something similar on the Beetle too. Nothing surprising or disgusting here.
Old 4th August 2021, 10:12   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
Yes it is underway, got broken due to two buffaloes fighting and hitting it.

Thanks
I know this is Off Topic but man this sounds both hilarious and terrifying at the same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpyreanKnight View Post
I think the European brands like Skoda and Volkswagen will stick to their DNA, which does include build quality, I am sure they would have had to cut corners when trying to bring in a mass market product but I strongly feel they would have not done this on structural rigidity aspect.

Kia and Hyundai gave us a lot of features and it is a tempting product but I am staying away from Kia only because of NCAP ratings.

Harsh truth is people don't take safety so seriously and it is evident from the high selling numbers of seltos & even creta for that matter.

During my visits to the showroom, me and my cousin found the build quality of Kushaq better than seltos, lets hope they crash test European twins soon and put an end to speculations.
Oh yes, the same DNA that had VAG lead a cartel in literally rigging emission norms, cheating on actual emission results and getting hit with the largest fine in the Auto Industry globally. By refusing to consider Hybrids in the mid 2000's till the Chinese market FORCED it into this.

Poor quality springs causing rear tyre bursts - https://www.consumerreports.org/car-...s-could-break/

Brake issues forcing recall of close to a million cars - https://www.thedrive.com/news/12186/...or-brake-issue

I could go on endlessly.

I seriously wonder what is this near fetishisation of "European DNA"?

All corporates are scum at a broader level and will do everything possible to cut costs, increase profits.

The likes of Kia are no exception mind you, they make some of the safest cars for the Euro, US, Chinese markets but stiff the Indian market just because regulations allow them to.

Last edited by navin : 4th August 2021 at 16:42.
Stribog is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed