Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2021, 17:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Hyundai Aura to get rear spoiler in top variants

Auraa with rear spoiler is now even more Bore-aa!

Reminds me of the spoiler given as factory option in the last iterations of Maruti Esteem before MSIL stopped production. Although the Esteem had a better designed boot to its credit!
Sankar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 17:59   #17
BHPian

With a spoiler on the boot lid, Hyundai is possibly hoping the car's silhouette will look more like a sleek notchback, if not a fastback, rather than like a massive bump pasted on an i10's rear. A personal view - No offence to owners. Did the savings gained by excluding the full-size spare and premium audio help procure a spoiler?

2021 Hyundai Aura to get rear spoiler in top variants-20210416-17_52_122021-hyundai-aura-gets-minor-feature-updates-price-hike-zigwheels.png

Till date the latest Suzuki Dzire and Honda Amaze are the only good looking sub-4m sedans for me. Everything else looks/looked like a wannabe sedan with an afterthought boot.
Miel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 21:19   #18
BHPian

Hyundai still fails to understand that the whole thing which is spoiling the rear look is the blackened C pillar and that gawdy strip on boot between the tail lamps. Another thing which will always haunt the design of this car is Hyundai's reluctance to change/tweak the design of rear door. The rear window sill/waist/bottom line near the quarter glass sharply bends upward just before meeting the C Pillar, this looks good on the hatch profile but doesnt look good on a Compact Sedan profile. Now because there is this difference in the geometric alignment of the window sill line and the rear windshield sill line, it would have looked ghastly. So the designers somehow came up with an idea to blacken the C panel connecting the sill points of rear window and windshield, this in turn has ruined the looks much further.
Take a look at Dzire and Tigors rear door design, they have substantial amount of tweak in terms of sill lines as compared to their hatch versions, that is the reason their boot profile look well integrated.
Coming back to the Aura, this rear spoiler has further deteriorated things, sometimes minor tweaks and facelifts can be about deleting rather than adding things. For ex. deleting the strip between the tail lights and deleting the blackening of C pillar.
No offence to any Aura owner/admirers though.

Just to explain the case, following is the look of Aura without blackening C pillar.
2021 Hyundai Aura to get rear spoiler in top variants-img_20210416_212842.jpg

And the following is an image with minor tweak to the upward kink and rear door profile near quarterglass(its a rough attempt just for explanation).
2021 Hyundai Aura to get rear spoiler in top variants-img_20210416_212820.jpg

Honda City(Dolphin) anyone!

Last edited by ArTigor : 16th April 2021 at 21:37. Reason: Added image for explanation
ArTigor is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 10:35   #19

Oh, my eyes.

One of my family members was planning to buy the i10 Nios and I loved the front styling and the (Tiago inspired) rear as well.

With the Aura, it has everything going wrong from the C-pillar onwards. I agree with @Artigor, only if they plan to correct the window line and remove the Black applique connecting the lights and remove the boot section. Basically, remove Aura from their product lineup, it should be good.

I hated Creta's design when it launches, but it grew on me. But there is something about the Aura that makes me puke. Multiple times. In a single day.

I mean no offence to the buyers of Aura. Design is an extremely subjective topic.
dhruv.bansal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 11:31   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
I actually love the way Aura looks in that brown colour. Infact the best looking sub 4m sedan to my eyes. But I find many haters here.
I kind of agree with you. But the real problem is the design of the rear lamps. This car has a decent shape, but they added lot of quirkiness to this with such design elements. Also the front grill does not really compliment the sedan looks.
Old 18th April 2021, 12:15   #21
BHPian

Why are we marketing this by putting it on the homepage, and it's not a looker either, The spoiler just adds to the RICE'd out look that a few taxi walaahs have going.

The aura could be a hoot and half to drive. But it looks absolutely terrible, long gone are the days of Hyundai's beautiful Fluidic designs.
viXit is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 17:37   #22
BHPian

SPOILer!? Without a speck of doubt, it definitely is
Emvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 23:46   #23
BANNED

Nice design with disproportionate dimension, now spoiler is a big no for this car.
Old 19th April 2021, 05:11   #24
BHPian

When you thought the design couldn't get any worse, they come up with this A friend of mine owns a 2021 aura and apart from the ugly design, I Iove everything about it. The interiors are great considering its price and it offers decent performance for city use. Usually , ugly and disproportionate car designs grow on me after i see them for a few weeks or months (TUV, wagonr etc) but it has not been the case with the aura Ever since the sub 4m tax rule came in, sedan designs in <10lakh price range have been getting worse. With the SUV and cross over craze in full swing, I dont think it will be long before manufacturers completely stop making low volume sedans, á la ford.
Old 19th April 2021, 11:23   #25
BHPian

The rear of this car is one of the ugliest around. The first time I saw it I had to stop and re look.
Indians are forgiving about looks and give preference to value / utility. Hyundai knows this well and has made some ugly ones over the years that sold well.
clementw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 23:20   #26

People who hated aura’s rear, hate it more now. Oh, I’m one of them. Although most sub 4m sedans look odd to me, this one is still the ugliest.
Old 21st April 2021, 15:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTigor View Post
Hyundai still fails to understand that the whole thing which is spoiling the rear look is the blackened C pillar and that gawdy strip on boot between the tail lamps.

Honda City(Dolphin) anyone!
Totally agree with mate and thanks for your efforts to illustrate that and show this sedan fortunes can maybe be resurrected a bit if Hyundai rectifies this C pillar quirk. I mean it is staring right in their face!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeep_mvpa View Post
I kind of agree with you. But the real problem is the design of the rear lamps. This car has a decent shape, but they added lot of quirkiness to this with such design elements. Also the front grill does not really compliment the sedan looks.
Well - once we move past the C pillar, it is the design elements on the boot. Sigh!
kedar_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 23:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

2021 Hyundai Aura brochure details all updates

The 2021 Aura has been listed on Hyundai India's official website. The updated brochure lists out all the changes that have been made to the compact sedan.

2021 Hyundai Aura to get rear spoiler in top variants-1.jpg

The updated Aura is available in five variants - E, S, SX, SX(+) and SX(O). Except for the base variant, all the remaining trims come with a rear spoiler.

2021 Hyundai Aura to get rear spoiler in top variants-2.jpg

The S AMT variant gets 15-inch gunmetal-styled steel wheels. The base E trim gets a 13-inch spare wheel instead of a 14-inch wheel.

2021 Hyundai Aura to get rear spoiler in top variants-3.jpg

Inside, the S variant gets a 2-DIN audio system, while the SX, SX(+) and SX(O) variants come with an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment head-unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity. Besides, features such as automatic climate control and wireless phone charger are only available in the top two trims.

2021 Hyundai Aura to get rear spoiler in top variants-4.jpg

Just like before, the 2021 Aura is available with three engine options. These include a 1.2-litre petrol unit producing 82 BHP / 113 Nm, 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine churning out 99 BHP / 172 Nm and a 1.2-litre diesel engine with 74 BHP / 190 Nm. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and a 5-speed AMT gearbox.

Thanks to Manivannan for sending information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Link to Team-BHP News
Attached Files
File Type: pdf aura (2).pdf (4.04 MB, 237 views)

Last edited by TusharK : 6th June 2021 at 23:12.
TusharK is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 20:47   #29
BHPian

I test drove the Aura SX(O) since I am looking to buy one. Now the Spoiler has been removed. Salesman told me that the Spoiler was introduced but removed within 2 months. The current models do not come with Rear Spoliers.
dsuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 20:56   #30
BHPian

Wait so they removed the Arkamys system from the car entirely? That seems like a very strange move. I can understand maybe them removing it from variants below the SX(O) and only reserving it for the absolute top end, but why remove it altogether.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks