Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What price do you expect?
15 to 21 lacs 191 20.34%
16 to 22 lacs 168 17.89%
17 to 23 lacs 177 18.85%
18 to 24 lacs 184 19.60%
19 to 25 lacs 219 23.32%
Voters: 939. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2021, 23:50   #466
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_monarch View Post
One car reviewer on YouTube mentioned that XUV7OO won't have ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System), but will have ADAS which is being referred to Advanced Drowsiness Alert System. Not sure how true it is!
There are plenty of leaks pointing to possibility of ADAS in XUV7OO (you can refer this thread for details), also the said feature is advertised as Driver Drowsiness Detection, not Advanced Drowsiness Alert System.

Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-mahindra-dds.jpg

Mahindra has already showcases ADAS in Auto Expo 2020 (Mahindra @ Auto Expo 2020).

We can expect some (or all) of these features in XUV7OO.

Quote:
The Mahindra Marazzo show car at Auto Expo 2020 is equipped with features such as:

Drowsy driver detection system: Detects drowsiness in the driver by monitoring steering movements and asking them to take a break.

Cross-traffic alert: Warns the driver of a stray vehicle or object that might be approaching the car from out of the camera range.

Attention detection: Alerts the driver on detecting inattention.

Blindspot detection: It’s a sensor-based device that detects vehicles that aren’t visible but located towards the side and rear of the subject.

Lane keep assist: Uses a forward-facing camera to prevent a driver from moving out of the lane inadvertently.

Autonomous emergency braking system: This radar-based system applies brakes on its own when necessary.
Source

Quote:
Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-m0.jpg

This Marazzo is a prototype and it comes with driver assistance systems like cross traffic alert, autonomous emergency braking, blind spot assist, and lane keep assist:

Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-m1.jpg

There's a camera on the inside to monitor driver alertness and drowsiness. Warnings are provided in the form of audio and vibration from the steering. A camera at the front detects objects and brakes automatically. There are two radars at the back for blindspot detection:

Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-m2.jpg
Source (Mahindra @ Auto Expo 2020)
Beelzebub is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 00:07   #467
BHPian

Do we really expect the base variant, which will be comparable to the Safari XE, to be priced 18-19lacs ex-showroom?

My guess is that Mahindra will aggressively price it, might even undercut the Safari with comparative spec variants. The top optional variants might go up to 23L based on the level of kit.
They will start increasing prices within first 6 months based on the initial popularity of the XUV700.

This is what they've been following with almost all of their recent launches
anantpoddar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 11:12   #468
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! Insider information on the Mahindra XUV700

The Mahindra XUV700 is one of the most eagerly awaited cars of 2021. We know that the SUV will be offered with an extensive suite of driver assistance systems and some segment-first features. Now, here's more information on the XUV700 that you may not have heard before.

Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-download-1.png

Exterior features:

It's a known fact that the XUV700 will come with flush-fitting door handles. We've seen this in spy images as well as in official teaser videos. While lower variants will get mechanically operated door handles, the top variant will get electrically operated ones with manual override.

Interior features:

We have learned that the XUV700 will get electrically adjustable front seats with memory function, but it might miss out on ventilated seats. The second row of seats will have a 60:40 split but no sliding function. To access the third row, you will have to tumble the seat forward.

The car will get Alexa-based connected car technology, a 12-speaker Sony audio system with subwoofer, ambient lighting, drive modes and better NVH. It will not get a head-up display.

XUV700 Safety features:

The XUV700 is based on an all-new monocoque chassis. It will be equipped with Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS), which will include most of the safety aids offered in the MG Gloster except self-parking.

We have been told that Mahindra is aiming for a 5-star GNCAP safety rating. The carmaker feels confident it will receive a 4-star rating at least.

XUV700 Engine & Transmission:

The XUV700 will be offered with a choice of two engines - a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol producing around 197 BHP and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel with an expected output of 182 BHP, making it the most powerful offering in the segment. Transmission options will include a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic.

XUV700 Launch date:

There have been rumours suggesting that Mahindra might launch the XUV700 on August 15, 2021. However, we have been told that it could be unveiled to the media on Independence Day, while the public launch could take place on October 2, 2021. Note that the Thar was also launched on the same day last year.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 11:35   #469
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Insider information on the Mahindra XUV700

No ventilated seats and sliding seats? Mahindra should think twice. Rest is impressive.
DonHyd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 12:17   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

The car will get Alexa-based connected car technology, a 12-speaker Sony audio system with subwoofer, ambient lighting, drive modes and better NVH. It will not get a head-up display.
I am not a fan of connected technologies and this Alexa bothers me a lot. We know that Amazon does not delete the data and personal content not even after factory reset. Cars should be a personal space with privacy. Data deletion is done in many ways like removing extensions or overwriting but true deletion is very hard. Amazon does not bother about privacy and I am not sure how they will implement it in this case. Now it is to be seen whether one can turn it off or not. Then there is also an amazon sidewalk feature which is by default enabled in every amazon device.

Alexa is known to store voice history. Then it been known many time that amazon records your conversations for near or upwards of 30 seconds after the wake word "alexa" is said or heard unintentionally. Then accent matters, most of these devices are made for american accent and many words spoken by us may trigger the wake word without our clear instructions. We also know that these recordings are listened by third party contractors to help improve the device.

BMW has also announced a new OTA update that will give 1.3 million vehicles within 20 models using their OS 7 Amazon Alexa integration. The new list adds countries like US, Canada, France and Brazil. The feature was previously available in Germany, Great Britain, and three other countries. It will allow skills like controlling smart home devices from your vehicle as well as checking news, playing music, and the usual Alexa skills.

Ford will also soon roll out new version of Alexa which they say is friction and hands free to Sync 4-equipped cars in the US and Canada which will end the need for AppLink software to access Alexa in the car.

To each his own.
Sran is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 12:18   #471
Senior - BHPian

I did not find anything new which is not mentioned in the original XUV700 thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...xuv500-32.html
Also, this post needs to be merged with the existing thread.
Guna is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 12:26   #472
BANNED

AS FOR ALL the hype around flush-fitting door handles, one thing is certain. Making simple operations of a car more and more complicated will only add to the overall complexity of the car. And given the track record of Mahindra's electrics, I wonder what will happen once these door handles start to malfunction.
Moreover, one should also keep in mind the cost of replacing the flush-fitting door handles. I don't think such fancy stuff will be cheap to replace. Additionally just in case of a sideways accident (GOD FORBID), if the sensors and motors of these door handles break, there is no option but to get them replaced first and then being able to open up your SUV.
Just unnecessary complications to even the basic functions in a car.

Last edited by Samurai : 21st July 2021 at 12:31. Reason: Fixed many typos
CarMaster_059 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 12:48   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I did not find anything new which is not mentioned in the original XUV700 thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...xuv500-32.html
Also, this post needs to be merged with the existing thread.
True! Insider info? There is nothing new here, all of the things mentioned here are already revealed by Mahindra and Team Bhp members / other media houses. I got excited looking at the title hoping for something fresh.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 12:49   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster_059 View Post
... I wonder what will happen once these door handles start to malfunction...
...if the sensors and motors of these door handles break, there is no option but to get them replaced first and then being able to open up your SUV.
Just unnecessary complications to even the basic functions in a car.
I think you have missed a few key words in the OP's post:

Quote:
Exterior features:

It's a known fact that the XUV700 will come with flush-fitting door handles. We've seen this in spy images as well as in official teaser videos. While lower variants will get mechanically operated door handles, the top variant will get electrically operated ones with manual override.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st July 2021 at 18:48. Reason: Quote tags fixed
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 17:42   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonHyd View Post
No ventilated seats and sliding seats? Mahindra should think twice. Rest is impressive.

I feel this is big miss from Mahindra.. I don't want sunroof or other gizmos. Just a car that can keep me cold.

I was waiting for this and now I think I am back to square one in terms of my next car.
sunnsood is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 19:02   #476
Senior - BHPian

Better than loading car with some showoff features, electronic gizmos, Mahindra should focus on getting basics right for XUV700 and price it right. If they can undercut cars like Innova, Safari, MG etc., surely more people will get attracted towards it. Mahindra is popular brand in Tier 2 & 3 cities and in rural India where price matters more than features. Hope Mahindra will price it at very attractive price at launch. High price will make things difficult for them.
Old 21st July 2021, 20:29   #477
Senior - BHPian

The Masses want the below:
1. Tons of features. Both Useful & Useless Included.
2. Reasonable price.

Mahindra has already addressed the first point.
If they nail the price, they will succeed.
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 21:50   #478
Senior - BHPian

Found this pic which provides a view of the cabin of what appears like a mid variant (twin screen but with manual hand brake and fabric seats)

Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-screen-shot-20210721-9.45.22-pm.png

Source: https://www.motoroids.com/news/heres...-loaded-cabin/
Guna is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 22:39   #479
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
I think you have missed a few key words in the OP's post:
Surely I didn't. But given the trend, People generally prefer the top-end variant of a car these days. So that's what I assumed.
Old 21st July 2021, 22:40   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Found this pic which provides a view of the cabin of what appears like a mid variant (twin screen but with manual hand brake and fabric seats)

Attachment 2182157

Source: https://www.motoroids.com/news/heres...-loaded-cabin/
  • Single-zone manual AC
  • Black-plastic door opening handle
  • No cruise control
Looks like one of the lower variants.
  • But still retains the ESP
BTW, have any of the test mules been spotted without the digital IC + Infotainment unit? Or an analog IC?
If the lower/mid variants are coming with the digital IC, can we safely assume that M&M is planning to offer it as a standard across variants.

P.S. I personally prefer the old school analog dials anyday!

Last edited by anantpoddar : 21st July 2021 at 22:49.
anantpoddar is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks