Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What price do you expect?
15 to 21 lacs 191 20.34%
16 to 22 lacs 168 17.89%
17 to 23 lacs 177 18.85%
18 to 24 lacs 184 19.60%
19 to 25 lacs 219 23.32%
Voters: 939. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2021, 00:09   #616

re: Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta View Post
To all fence sitters: rush and grab the XUV500 right away with all those mouthwatering discounts! I vouch, you will not regret!
Most wise advice of today
Macan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 00:13   #617
BHPian

The latest images are I think disproportionate. I don't think it's the right image/look and feel of the car. There are a lot of misfitting and disproportionate dimensions in that image. I think does not make sense to conclude on the looks now the images are highly disproportionate and distorted. Let us hold on till the launch/reveal of the car.

M&M is not so insane and mindless to come out with such an ugly product of the existing highly successful model as a replacement.

Last edited by Livnletcarsliv : 1st August 2021 at 00:15.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 00:13   #618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
This pic from the infotainment screen also points towards a better stance.
[IMG]Screenshot_20210731232917.jpg[/IMG]
But the tail lamps look a bit big though. Mahindra really needs to 'leak' some kind of a proper photo to counter the negativity created.
Even in the screenshot of the infotainment screen, the car seems to have a lot of weird creases, cuts and bulges all over its body.

And the front looks like a young toothy boy sporting long sideburns.

Last edited by ashis89 : 1st August 2021 at 00:19.
Old 1st August 2021, 00:31   #619
BHPian

Its just a matter of time, naysayers will eventually warm up to these looks. Just look how perceptions changed regarding Creta. Top seller in its segment. Xuv might look better in person and definitely better in some sober colour. Hopefully this generation is better to drive as compared to the first one. Harrier and safari need to up their feature list. I see many new variants being added to harrier and safari(xta, xma s, xma 0).
YashodhanGanu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 00:37   #620
BHPian

While the interiors are minimalistic, the exteriors are just the opposite pole of the spectrum. I couldn't understand the unwanted waterfall outline of the DRL and the ugly bulgy stretch of the rear tail lamps piercing the rear quarter panel.

Why can't the exterior designers sketch a design that is minimal, elegant and could stand the test of time? I wanted the design to exude the suave of a man in a tuxedo but this looks too brawny like a butcher!
Old 1st August 2021, 01:09   #621
BHPian

At least the interiors look good and well proportioned as shown on the new video of the infotainment screen.
Hope the exterior looks better in a different angle or color.

My search for new car is becoming tricky day by day.
Plan is to lease a car from company that I work for and eligibility I am entitled is 19L ex-showroom.

SUVs/MPVs I have test driven

1. Jeep Compass Diesel - Amazing drivability, punchy engine, stunning to look and polished interiors but I can only select "Sport" variant as per my eligibility which lacks many of the basic feature for the asking price.

2. Hector Plus Diesel - Looks good (much better than Hector), interiors are okay, inconsistent ride quality, bit of body roll, laggy infotainment system, lots of features and creature comforts.

3. Tata Harrier - Looks great, well proportioned, not a fan of plasticky interior and faux wood panel, good suspension/ ride quality, buggy infotainment system but can afford XZ variant overall a great package. But recently they have discontinued Dark edition in XZ the only one color I liked in Harrier as other options have the faux wood which I hate it to the core.

4. Alcazar Diesel - Looks good, Diesel lacks punch, mediocre driving dynamics, Plasticky interiors but many features, questionable safety of the structure even though it has 6 airbags. Doesn't have a drivability feel that Harrier/Compass offers.

It all boiled down to Harrier XZ Dark or Compass Diesel Sport (Black) but I just wanted to wait for XUV7OO launch with tiny glimmer of hope that mid variant will be in my 19L ex-showroom budget.

With Mahindra's delays in launching XUV7OO, Tata took an un expected decision to discontinue Dark edition in XZ!
Fingers crossed XUV7OO looks good in person and a mid variant falls under 19L.

Sorry for the long post!
I am a newbie here and this is my first post! Cheers!!
RachhaMan10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 01:16   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta View Post
Pratap Bose designed Tata Nexon, a design disaster in itself, particularly the first generation.
Well, the pre-facelift Nexon (not first-gen as many people confuse it for) never looked garish. It successfully managed to carry a sporty and youthful vibe to it and was a rather refreshing product in a sea of cars that looked boring (Vitara Brezza) or had started to look outdated.

Coming to Mr. Bose, he joined the team recently and thus had no role to play in designing the gen1 XUV7OO. This design got approved long before he even joined the Mahindra team. I hope you are now updated with this piece of information.
tanbeamer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 04:50   #623
Senior - BHPian

One reason, for me personally, why it looks like a Chinese vehicle are the alloy wheels. The spokes coloured in silver and the main circular ring is in black. Very typical of the Hector wheels.

Secondly, I feel the animated car graphic (or what is visible of it) in the video teaser looks much better. The images found on the internet seem distorted, so lets wait and come to a final conclusion.

As an initial pre-judgement, I agree, that it looks weird with absolutely no sense of design language flowing from the front to the back. All shapes are random.

Only thing this design seems to scream loudly is its relationship with the current generation XUV500, especially with the hip hump above the rear wheel.
Stratos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 06:05   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorkey View Post
https://Youtu.be/cQAvJrPT0Jk
XUV 700 teased in Youtube featuring adrenex. Looks like huge step up.
"Zip Zap Zoom"

Mahindra just cant do subtle and classy! The only thing going for it perhaps would be features and more features, some useful, the other's just to grace the spec sheet. All Tata needs now need to do is perhaps introduce a bigger infotainment screen and may be adaptive cruise if they needed later and the Safari this abomination absolutely licked. It is hard to believe how Mahindra has screwed the design so much.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 06:22   #625
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

Edit - I remember the first snap of XUV5OO when uploaded on the forum had created a lot of hue and cry. But once people saw it in person or in proper photos, the perspective changed. Hope it's the same for this one too.
I forgot to mention, when the XUV5OO was revealed, it had huge polarising effect. If you go through the comments here (New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs) , it was disliked by many. And then came the shocker sticker price! And it became acceptable to most of the naysayers. So let's wait for a final reveal and the pricing. I hope Mahindra does that.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 1st August 2021 at 06:26.
BoneCollector is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 06:48   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanbeamer View Post
Well, the pre-facelift Nexon (not first-gen as many people confuse it for) never looked garish. It successfully managed to carry a sporty and youthful vibe to it and was a rather refreshing product in a sea of cars that looked boring (Vitara Brezza) or had started to look outdated.
You are entitled to your opinion. I am entitled to mine. I am convinced that Nexon had a disastrous design with all those ceramic shoulder lines blah blah...

Quote:
Coming to Mr. Bose, he joined the team recently and thus had no role to play in designing the gen1 XUV7OO. This design got approved long before he even joined the Mahindra team. I hope you are now updated with this piece of information.
Wow! Thanks for the scoop!
Geta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 07:58   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Looks like general feedback on the design is very very negative. Similar negative comments were also there for XU5 500 initial design and we know what happened later. Crowd stormed Mahindra showrooms after the price announcement. I personally saw a guy booking 2 XUV 500 on the spot (1 for him and other for his cousin/brother). All he checked was couple of fancy lights inside the cabin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I forgot to mention, when the XUV5OO was revealed, it had huge polarising effect. If you go through the comments here (New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs) , it was disliked by many. And then came the shocker sticker price! And it became acceptable to most of the naysayers. So let's wait for a final reveal and the pricing. I hope Mahindra does that.
It was because in 2011 when XUV 5OO was first launched, the overall package seemed quite enticing given the dearth of options in the SUV space in its price band back then. It is not the case right now.

It is quite shocking how a team of qualified designers from a multinational can come up with such an appalling design, while we have quite a few mature/elegant renderings from individual designers floating on the internet. When launched, hope the vehicle is less appalling and more appealing than what the pictures are evincing this point in time.
Emvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 08:08   #628
BHPian

I don't see what is wrong with Zip Zap Zoom, especially when we can digest a Zoom Zoom from Mazda. Check it out its Mazdas tagline, well we all accept it. That's anyways the least of the issues here.

I have just made peace with myself that maybe these are just two distorted images will wait for the actual ones. But the side does look ugly lifted out of the XUV500. It's the generation that appreciates simple clean designs in straight lines.
Old 1st August 2021, 08:13   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh101 View Post
I don't care how "ready" this vehicle is for launch. Mahindra, if you have ANYBODY reading through TBHP, you need to go back and try again. Take some more time. Really, really work on it and come back with something better.
Unfortunately Automobile R&D and manufacturing doesn't work like that. If they want to change anything on the car, its only possible on the Facelift.
Old 1st August 2021, 08:25   #630
BHPian

Ouch ouch ouch. It's so bad it hurts. I was expecting Mahindra to pull off something exceptional with the 700. Now the creta looks good suddenly. But then this one is a typical Mahindra "I wanted to provide so much", I messed up. I feel DC is working undercover in their design department.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks