Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What price do you expect?
15 to 21 lacs 191 20.34%
16 to 22 lacs 168 17.89%
17 to 23 lacs 177 18.85%
18 to 24 lacs 184 19.60%
19 to 25 lacs 219 23.32%
Voters: 939. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2021, 19:52   #976
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs

Can anyone confirm if the ADAS will be level 2 autonomous, i.e, lane keeping assist? As lane departure warning, emergency braking, etc on level 1 like the MG Gloster isn't what we can call "Autonomous".

Also lane keeping assist provides the owner with what I call 'The Ultimate Flex Power'.😁
f1fan5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 20:06   #977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
So I wonder what could the omissions be that would ruin the XUV700 in the eyes of our esteemed members?
Here are things I hope they provide:
  1. Sliding and reclining second row seats
  2. 7 seat option in the top of the line variant
  3. Petrol being offered as top variant with AWD (normally petrol SUVs are 2WD mid variants)
Guna is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 20:36   #978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So I wonder what could the omissions be that would ruin the XUV700 in the eyes of our esteemed members? The usual points beings 1.Sunroof 2. Automatic transmission 3. 4*4/AWD 4. Ventilated seats 5. 360 degree camera 6. Lane Assist 7. ADAS 8. Android/apple play 9. Auto IRVM seems to have been covered well by Mahindra & Mahindra. The engine department seems to be the only concern or is there anything else missing?
This is one SUV I will buy if it still comes without ventilated cooling seats, but its omission would be poor, in such a loaded vehicle.

Main concern would be the new suite of electronics and of course, proper long term functioning of the new style of flush door pull handles. Secondary concern would be a poorly designed passenger space for the 3rd row. And with it, availability of a slider feature for the middle row (7 seats version).

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan5 View Post
Can anyone confirm if the ADAS will be level 2 autonomous, i.e, lane keeping assist? As lane departure warning, emergency braking, etc on level 1 like the MG Gloster isn't what we can call "Autonomous".

Also lane keeping assist provides the owner with what I call 'The Ultimate Flex Power'.😁
I'm not sure if lane keep assist will be a feature on the XUV7OO, but I noticed this on the video featuring AdrenoX.

For lane keep assist to work, does there need to be a camera on the top of the windshield, inside the assembly holding the internal review view mirror (facing the road)?

Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-xuv7oo-possible-lane-keep-assist.png
k_ajay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 20:46   #979
BHPian

Any news on ambient lighting? The red (blue in latter facelifts) "mood lighting" was a nice feature to have in the first gen, would be a shame if Mahindra were to drop it.
Old 13th August 2021, 20:55   #980
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians.

Latest and final info on the XUV700 before the unveil tomorrow.

1. Mahindra has just completed the final in-house crash test of the XUV700 and they are now ready to send it to GNCAP for the official test. Infact according to my sources Mahindra is so confident of the XUV700 scoring a perfect 5 star score that they are jokingly saying internally that even if GNCAP comes up with a new 6 star system, they will pass that also. This will only be confirmed after we get the full score card of the crash test.

2. The engine firewall insulation has been co developed with Saab AB and its going to offer class best NVH levels. According to my sources, Saab Belgium was responsible for the firewall insulation development.

3. The air purifier system inside the XUV700 will use air ionization technology to effectively remove pollutants and other harmful particles inside the cabin. According to my sources it's also designed to keep the humidity inside the cabin at around 50-55%.

4. The all LED headlamps of the XUV700 will also do the auto up down movement on startup as a part of self testing and auto adjustment.

5. Expect the waiting periods for the top end variants to run into months because of the chip shortage as well as covid impact on import of components from outside India.

Can't wait for the clock to strike 4 pm tomorrow.
ram87pune is offline   (79) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 21:01   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
For lane keep assist to work, does there need to be a camera on the top of the windshield, inside the assembly holding the internal review view mirror (facing the road)?
Don't know if it's necessary but the XUV 700 does have a camera on the windshield near the IRVM just like other autonomous cars.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th August 2021 at 05:37. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
f1fan5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 21:28   #982
BHPian

Quote:
So I wonder what could the omissions be that would ruin the XUV700 in the eyes of our esteemed members?
1. Wireless CarPlay. Every 5-7 Lakh rupee car also has Android Auto/CarPlay these days, but if you offer wireless charging you better offer wireless CarPlay as well, otherwise what the point? If I’m spending 20+, I don’t want the hassle of taking the phone out of the pocket for short drives, and connecting it to a cable to get something like YouTube Music working in the car.

2. Adaptive Cruise Control. Given that ADAS is strongly rumoured, more than lane keeping assist, ACC is what I’d like to see. Lack thereof still probably won’t be a deal breaker, but I’m really hoping M&M deliver.

3. Ventilated Seats. Again not a deal breaker given all the other things seemingly going for the XUV700, but will be missed.

4. Electric Tailgate. The top of the line 25L model missing an electric tailgate will leave a slightly sour taste. But again, not a deal breaker.
vaibhav27 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 21:42   #983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
or is there anything else missing?
I am sure to get bashed for this, but QC will be their biggest challenge. This car just ticks way too many boxes IMO. Hope they get everything sorted.
giri1.8 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 23:18   #984
BHPian

Quote:
For me, an absence of any new features wouldn't bother me as much as not addressing an existing issue, like a sliding middle row, slightly more boot space so that an actual bag (or even a backpack) can fit in it, quality of interior parts and trims, etc.
Old 14th August 2021, 00:06   #985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvinator View Post
Got a chance to test drive both the petrol as well as diesel AT version of the XUV 700. The car was impressive from both inside and outside, could see huge refinement with the fit and finish. The infotainment screen is really WIDE (more than 22 inches), the NVH levels were pretty much the same between the diesel as well as the petrol version and it also has a plethora of autonomous features. Hats off to Mahindra for pulling off such an humongous task. They definitely have a winner here. Planning on booking the vehicle as soon as the booking starts.
That’s great - could you check how is the comfort / space on the 3rd row and whatever remains of the boot with all rows down? Also is it offering 7 seats in the top variant?
Old 14th August 2021, 00:48   #986
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
I'm not sure if lane keep assist will be a feature on the XUV7OO, but I noticed this on the video featuring AdrenoX.
For lane keep assist to work, does there need to be a camera on the top of the windshield, inside the assembly holding the internal review view mirror
Yes, this camera sits on top of the windshield. The one outside below the logo is only for 360 degree view and these cameras work independent of each other.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 01:41   #987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvinator View Post
..takes inputs from cameras to brake automatically at slow speeds. It is definitely going to be useful in certain scenarios like bumper to bumper traffic for instance....
Automatic braking is going to be a nightmare for the driver given the tendency of two wheelers, pedestrians, animals and what not cutting across the vehicle frequently.

Both the AI system and the driver will go mad. The driver will have heart in the mouth moments due to sudden unanticipated autonomous braking as well as increased risk of getting rear ended by vehicles closely tailing behind.

Some aspects on our roads are too complicated for these gizmos to handle
for_cars1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 07:48   #988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So I wonder what could the omissions be that would ruin the XUV700 in the eyes of our esteemed members? The usual points beings 1.Sunroof 2. Automatic transmission 3. 4*4/AWD 4. Ventilated seats 5. 360 degree camera 6. Lane Assist 7. ADAS 8. Android/apple play 9. Auto IRVM seems to have been covered well by Mahindra & Mahindra. The engine department seems to be the only concern or is there anything else missing?
In terms of competition, only thing that could work against XUV 700 is price. I am saying this because even if there are Niggles and issues, there will be buyers who go for the Hector twins which have been fairly niggle free and there will be buyers who will choose between Safari and XUV700. If it's priced at Safari levels, it will spell doom for the Tata twins.
07CR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 08:26   #989
Senior - BHPian

This New XUV7OO will be competing with formidable rivals, yet it has some ace up its sleeves.

Take the Hector for example, it's a very well rounded package. It's only negatives are Slightly Soft Suspension and lack of Diesel Automatic. I don't know why MG which has been so proactive hasn't even bothered about offering an Automatic option. The Petrol AT is extremely thirsty, many owners have reported figures of less than 8 kmpl in city and around 11 kmpl on highways. Some have reported higher figures, but those are at speeds of 70-80 kmph, which i believe isn't the speed for car but for State Transport Busses. Who would drive a 20 lakh car at those speeds ?

Next Up, the Tata Harrier/Safari which IMO are Tata's best cars till now excluding the Hexa which is no longer on sale. While the Tata Twins look very nice and drive well too with Tata's trademark of good ride quality, the Interiors somehow are not worth the price. The Quality issues and the persistent niggles are something which will take confidence away from potential buyer. It is doing good numbers but that's mainly due to Automatic Option launched last year and the fact that Tata cars are well built. But someone spending close to 26 lakhs would want Quality and Niggle free ownership experience which sadly the Harrier and Safari don't justify.

Now this is where the XUV7OO comes in, Mahindra have made sure that they iron out the con's of old XUV5OO. The Interiors were stylish at that time, but quality was not up to the mark. Ride Quality was absorbent, but on highways, there was some vertical movement which irritated the passengers and some with motion sickness wouldn't want to travel in it. Boot space was nil with all 3 rows up.

The New XUV7OO will definitely be good looking (Reveal at 4pm) and Interiors are a big step up, Engine options are Most Powerful in segment, Feature list is very long, infact people may forget what feature their variant might be having. Suspension does seem to have improved going by Test Cars driven on highways, we'll get to know it once we drive it next week. This time, there will be a 6 Seater Option which is a very good move. Some people like Captain seats and some Bench Seats, and Boot Space too seems to be better this time, although how spacious it is compared to rivals, we'll have to wait for 4pm.

Overall, Mahindra has done a good job in making XUV7OO a better option than Safari/Harrier by having minimum negatives and they will also make sure that it's priced well because of one car - The Toyota Innova Crysta which has been unaffected by these launches and is still doing great numbers despite being very expensive and oldest. It too is a car without much negatives (High Price & Lack of Automatic in VX Variant are the only ones I can think of). But that car has excellent resale and is reliable.

Mahindra definitely has a winner in the hands, the XUV7OO will come blazing and will attract high waiting period just like it did in 2011. Only the Electronics need to be sorted out, because one niggle will send wrong Impression in the buyers mind. Can't wait to see it at 4pm today.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th August 2021 at 11:13. Reason: As requested.
CarguyNish is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 10:19   #990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

Mahindra definitely has a winner in the hands, the XUV7OO will come blazing and will attract high waiting period just like it did in 2011. Only the Electronics need to be sorted out, because one niggle will send wrong Impression in the buyers mind. Can't wait to see it at 4pm today.
Perfectly summed up. There is very little that one can point out as a negative as of now. If the pricing is aggressive, any negatives that might show up, will be taken care of by the VFM factor.

Fingers crossed and all the best to M&M!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks