Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What price do you expect?
15 to 21 lacs 191 20.34%
16 to 22 lacs 168 17.89%
17 to 23 lacs 177 18.85%
18 to 24 lacs 184 19.60%
19 to 25 lacs 219 23.32%
Voters: 939. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2021, 00:11   #826

re: Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs

Apologies if this has been already posted before, seems like the official reveal will be on 14th August at 4:00 pm. Got this pop up on CarWale's website
Attached Images

DetonatoR is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 00:21   #827
BHPian

Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-img_20210807_001832.jpg

XUV700 launch scheduled to launch on 14th August at 4 PM.

Source: Carwale
ATRONIX is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 00:38   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
Attachment 2189594

XUV700 launch scheduled to launch on 14th August at 4 PM.

Source: Carwale
They did not care to wait for official announcement of the launch date by Mahindra?

But I think it can be just a product reveal, too as they haven't showcased the car anywhere till now. Like a reveal on 14th August and price announcement on a later date, just like what happened with Safari.

Last edited by udaikalra01 : 7th August 2021 at 00:43.
Old 7th August 2021, 00:44   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta View Post
+1

Mahindra can never build a premium brand if they undercut Safari. In fact, XUV700 undercutting Safari despite the more powerful engine and better pedigree (XUV500/Scorpio always outsold the previous gen Safari) will mean Mahindra has accepted overtly that Tata is the more premium brand.
Well first of all I must say, what a lovely discussion going on in the thread.
Coming to the main topic, you see, premiumness is not solely based on the price quotient of a product or service. For a product to be premium or luxurious and in this case, Mahindra, to be considered a premium brand, it either has to create a product scarcity as in the case of Rolls-Royce, or create exceptionally high value and quality product as in the case of Rolls-Royce. Note: Important point being that I'm not comparing Mahindra to Rolls-Royce, I'm merely using Royce to highlight what I mean by premium or luxury at the apex.Other examples as to scarcity can be Jeep or The Europeans and the quality factor in addition to the aforementioned, is Hyundai which is much cheaper than any Mahindra. For Mahindra to be considered a premium brand, pricing alone won't cut it(I'm looking at you G4). It's the quality of materials used, craftsmanship and the reliability of it all that matters. The behavior of SA, the professionalism and etiquette, manners and ethics of dealerships also play a major role. The After Sales experience, and a lot of constant work on engineering the vehicle to meet its target goals, market dynamics, customer satisfaction and a lot of consistent results make a product premium. If features or pricing was the sole criterion, I would consider Hyundai and Toyota to be counted among the luxury. The quality Tata and Mahindra offer is nowhere premium. The dealerships and SAs experience speak louder than Mahindra Bolero NVM. What I mean is being a Mahindra loyalist for more than 10 years now, I am pretty much aware of Mahindra's shortcomings. Quoting Robert Frost, Mahindra has miles to go before it sleeps.

Quote:
Rather than pitting the new Scorpio against the Harrier, If Mahindra can knock off the last row seats and chop about 10 cm of length
Well, Chopping their beautiful designs into abominations is Mahindra's expertise(Pointing at what they did to Korando). I hope Mr Bose spearheads the XUV500 project because I'm pretty much tired with these ginormous lights and grills. I mean it's more Hector than Hector on the rear end. Mahindra is like that overambitious kid that makes a ton of new year resolutions and then gets a burnout on the second day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Forget under-cutting the Creta.
It would be surprising if they manage to undercut even the Safari, considering the long list of features.

By the way, there is a difference of Rs 5 Lakhs between the Creta & Safari, if we do a like to like comparison of equivalent variants.
I remember it was the same sentiment in 2011 when the OG was being discussed. A lot of people were highballing the price list because of the amount of features it offered(Did I mention 6 airbags when others didn't bother to offer the basic two). Innova at that time was also barebones in terms of what it offered(not counting that sweet engine and reliability of Toyota). Mahindra was a segment breaker with XUV. The list of features, the space it offered and that gem of an engine(The AWD was not good though). Mahindra priced it at 11-13 lakhs. I remember the day we went to book ours, "chacha vidhayak hain humare" was used the first time for an automobile. So I have no price expectations from Mahindra. I would suggest everyone to wait and watch the events unfold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
All the new features XUV700 is showcasing is most probably in the higher versions only. So there is a chance that the lower versions could be priced around Safari's starting price to make it more competitive.
The 20-30 lakh territory has been mostly uncharted waters for a lot of brands and with the competition increasing with new launches by the dozen, Mahindra would play it aggressively at first. This is their ideal pricing strategy. Mahindra would price the XUV aggressively even if it has incur minor losses for a very short while IMO. The feature list and the performance specifications should be enough to make it another Thar scenario. Mahindra can then simply raise the prices bit by bit and people would still pay once that 7OO brand value sets in the market. What we would see is the price band spread wider than Nutella on a bread, with the base variants priced aggressively and the top variants touching Innova top end variants.

Looking forward to the enthusiastic replies.

Regards
The Bear
Moto_Bear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 00:48   #830
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta View Post
+1

Mahindra can never build a premium brand if they undercut Safari. In fact, XUV700 undercutting Safari despite the more powerful engine and better pedigree (XUV500/Scorpio always outsold the previous gen Safari) will mean Mahindra has accepted overtly that Tata is the more premium brand.

Mahindra can price XUV700 at a very slight premium over Safari at launch (to make it difficult for Tata motors to sway prospective customers with discounts) and gradually increase the price over the next few years.

Rather than pitting the new Scorpio against the Harrier, If Mahindra can knock off the last row seats and chop about 10 cm of length and re-launch the present generation XUV500 at a price point 1-1.2 lacs less (they were giving the discounts anyway. It is better to make it official with the relaunch) variant to variant, it can take off some sales from Harrier/Hector/Creta and Seltos.
So you mean to say the original XUV which undercut numerous cars belonging to segments above it wasn't premium enough? No one is looking to build a premium brand IMO. Everyone looks for sales in this segment. If I were Mahindra, I would much rather price it lower and not build (a so called) "premium" brand rather than charging a premium like Jeep does and ending up with little to no sales.

The word "premium" isn't given to a car when it is priced above a rival. It is attached to a car with pertains to build quality and interiors too majorly. Looking at the Marazzo and XUV 300, I think Mahindra has a winner on their hands. Whether they can undercut the Safari or not is in their hands, but IMO, there's nothing "not premium" associated with pricing your car lower than a rival's. This isn't a luxury sedan that costs 80 big ones. It's still a mass market car which is competing in one of the fastest growing price pockets that exists in today's market.

Last edited by vishy76 : 7th August 2021 at 00:50.
vishy76 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 10:38   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
So you mean to say the original XUV which undercut numerous cars belonging to segments above it wasn't premium enough? No one is looking to build a premium brand IMO. Everyone looks for sales in this segment. If I were Mahindra, I would much rather price it lower and not build (a so called) "premium" brand rather than charging a premium like Jeep does and ending up with little to no sales.

The word "premium" isn't given to a car when it is priced above a rival. It is attached to a car with pertains to build quality and interiors too majorly. Looking at the Marazzo and XUV 300, I think Mahindra has a winner on their hands. Whether they can undercut the Safari or not is in their hands, but IMO, there's nothing "not premium" associated with pricing your car lower than a rival's. This isn't a luxury sedan that costs 80 big ones. It's still a mass market car which is competing in one of the fastest growing price pockets that exists in today's market.
The original XUV500 undercut Honda CRVs, T-Forts, Yetis, Tucsons and D segment sedans. It didn't undercut Tata Safari and Tata Sumo or Force One. Yes, Mahindra was a 'tractor maker' back then and it needed to undercut the above-mentioned rivals to prove a point back then. Not anymore. At least, not with Tata.
Geta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 10:42   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaikalra01 View Post
They did not care to wait for official announcement of the launch date by Mahindra?
It is an ad put up by Mahindra, so it is official.
Old 7th August 2021, 11:14   #833
BHPian

Was free for a while and was in the vicinity of a Mahindra showroom, so decided to visit them for some additional information on the launch of the XUV7OO. The SA's first reply on asking about the car was "Sir, we know the same details as you do about the vehicle so far".

Showed him the countdown advertisement of the car, to which he replied that it is just for the unveiling of the car, the car won't be launching anytime soon and neither are the bookings going to start now. He said that even their training hasn't started yet and even their manager has no extra information on this so far.

He later said that the rumours he has heard is that the car will probably be launching in October and the bookings will start then itself (which has already been discussed quite a few times in this thread).
HSR21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 12:13   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
It is an ad put up by Mahindra, so it is official.
Where is this Advertisement ? I Can't see any add i have gone through almost all the websites ??

More over people guess that the base variant will be more than creta's Top variant. Here Creta's Top variant on-road is almost 20 Lakhs and if the XUV700 will do that i guess there will be another Alturus G4.
Please check the specifications of Alturus G4, when it was launched it was way better than Fortuner and other competitors. Still it failed drastically.

Lets see what mahindra will do.
Old 7th August 2021, 12:17   #835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Where is this Advertisement ? I Can't see any add i have gone through almost all the websites ??
I saw it on Carwale. Probably if you keep refreshing the homepage for few times, it may come up as there may be other ads which get displayed in the same spot in a cyclic manner.
PS: I myself can't see the ad anymore
Old 7th August 2021, 13:33   #836
BHPian

Even this isn't the Final Logo, there is minor changes done to it, will feature it in the final Launch vehicle. Even a special edition vehicle is also for plan down the line not quite sure when it will be launched.
There will be around 7 Variants across Petrol and Diesel , Manual and AT and in 5 Seat and 7 Seat configuration in some variants. Hopefully AT will be launched without any delays and even there is a chance that M&M will offer AT even in base Petrol Model.
Adam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 14:29   #837
BHPian

I really like the personalized safety message feature. It will allow one to record static blank noise to remove the irritating 80/120KMPH warning. Good thinking Mahindra.
purohitanuj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 14:50   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
There will be around 7 Variants across Petrol and Diesel , Manual and AT and in 5 Seat and 7 Seat configuration in some variants. Hopefully AT will be launched without any delays and even there is a chance that M&M will offer AT even in base Petrol Model.
5 seat? I can under stand 6 seat variant with caption seats for the second row.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 15:36   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Even this isn't the Final Logo, there is minor changes done to it, will feature it in the final Launch vehicle. Even a special edition vehicle is also for plan down the line not quite sure when it will be launched.
Hello XUV7OO? Is this you?

Jokes aside, I'm sure a lot us are interested in the source of this information and its credibility. Is this insider information or there's an actual source to it?

Note:The pop up countdown timer ad on Carwale failed to load despite numerous page reloads. The same is in the case on Mahindra website. Anyone still receiving the ad?

Last edited by Moto_Bear : 7th August 2021 at 16:02. Reason: Added new information
Moto_Bear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 16:23   #840
BHPian

Play this video slow and you get to see a lot!!
coldice4u is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks