Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2007, 10:57   #46
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggkg View Post

So better to treat these mags as source of industry news, informative ads for products you did not know exist, classifieds, tips on insurance/repairs, road info, safety, price database, model features/specs, etc.
Come to think of it; this is the smartest statement toward Auto mags. Best to treat them as automotive newspapers rather than professional reviewers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
GTO the cheapest car to contest the pagent is always the winner, if you take a sneak peak at the previous winners.
If the reason is true indeed, that by itself is flawed.
Old 5th May 2007, 08:17   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
Well, that might have been a one-off, but today they are the best bunch of writers, are honest with their work and great enthusiasts, unlike other magazines who do write but don't leave you with a warm feeling. Heck, the editor of Automobile Magazine, one of the world's best written auto mags rates BS Motoring very highly, placing it as one of the best in the business.
that's not a one-off dude, i used to be a big fan of BSM but found the reality of indian auto journalism the hard way
Old 5th May 2007, 14:31   #48
BHPian

Same story with TV shows. The trend now is to go to some exotic locations like South Africa, Switzerland, Germany etc, get a factory visit and "attempt to review" marquee brands like BMW, Porsche and Merc" and then make meaningless forecasts about their possibilities of launching in India.
Old 5th May 2007, 17:59   #49
Team-BHP Support

out of the rags i really respect BSM, they have real class and passion according to me. yeah they have to make commercial sense also but i still vote them better of the lot.
Old 5th May 2007, 19:18   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

You mean the same BSMotoring that ranked the Chevy UV-A as car of the year!!
@GTO :

@sammyboy : thanks
@herculesksp : thanks. Yep, i do like BSM. but for the way they write. If a mag writes well, it doesnt mean the mag is being 100% truthful. Flaws are there, as pointed above by GTO.
Old 5th May 2007, 20:55   #51
Senior - BHPian

Eh, you mean someone actually reads the reviews to buy cars? These are the same gits that think the Safari handles worse than the Scorpio, and that the Aveo is a good car. And let's not forget how they are all boosting the Logan, like it's the next best thing after sliced bread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
i was an auto journo for around 16 months. once in the business, i got the true feel of this industry , and this one of the reasons why i quit this field.

Going a lil OT, lately, i have found a bunch of new guys, who seems to be passionate in what they wish to do, and ofcourse be truthful. No licking the manufacturers tail or anything like that.. I m happy to be back in business, ie, automobile journalism, with them. I join soon, and our work becomes public in a 3-4 months time.

Thought you quit to ride around India with your friends. Anyway, all the best. If you're right about this, I'll show up asking for a job.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks