Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2021, 20:19   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata installs India's largest billboard for the new Safari

So after the Jeep Compass and the Tata Harrier, its the Tata Safari that takes a spot on what most certainly seems like the Mumbai Pune eWay. Probably replaced the Harrier in the old spot? Or its a different place?

Reinhard is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 17:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Tata installs India's largest billboard for the new Safari

Tata Motors has installed India's largest billboard on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway to promote the new Safari.

Tata installs India's largest billboard for the new Safari-tatasafaribiggestadhoardingindia362e_wm.jpg

The hoarding measures over 225 feet in width and 125 feet in height. A massive 265 tonnes of steel was used in the construction of the structure for this billboard. The total area of the hoarding is said to be over 28,000 sq. ft. That's 500 sq. ft more than the Harrier billboard that was installed at the same site.

The new Safari is basically a 7-seat version of the Harrier. It is based on the same Land Rover-derived OMEGARC platform. Powering the Safari is a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine that produces 168 BHP and 350 Nm. The SUV is offered with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 18:40   #3
BHPian

Re: Tata installs India's largest billboard for the new Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Tata Motors has installed India's largest billboard...to promote the new Safari.
It is based on the same Land Rover-derived OMEGARC platform.
Good to see the marketing team of Tata working hard. I've noticed they have a pretty active social media team. Also seeing this "beautiful brute" in good numbers on the road makes me feel really proud ! Kudos to Tata.

Now wouldn't a good G-NCAP test rating just be the icing on the cake for the Harrier/Safari? It would give the Alcazar & the new XUV500 many many sleepless nights.
I hope Tata is listening...
John316_WRC is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 21:20   #4
BHPian

Recently while driving from Pune to Mumbai I saw this, it is the same exact location atop a hill, just above the entrance of a tunnel, where earlier there was a Harrier billboard of a similar size. Even while driving at night the Harrier image was clearly visible from far away as it was the orange shade car, this blue shade Safari billboard is visible clearly during day, yet even with all that floodlights it is not as imposing/clearly visible at night.

Anyways, this billboard along with the Jeep Compass billboard just before the ghats began are surely sweet sightings to car lovers!

Best part of both the billboards are that their positions are so good they do not distract you while driving, they rather merge and come into the field of vision when your eyes are on the lane.
ArTigor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 22:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

This is indeed good marketing & surely this will be a topic of discussion for folks who drive that way. The board looks equally brilliant at night, with the name 'Safari' too occupying a reasonable share of the space.
TrackDay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 08:49   #6
BHPian

Good marketing strategy. I hope the marketing team have taken necessary safety measures to ensure that the billboard can withstand any weather condition and in the worst-case scenario it does not fall and disrupt the traffic.
Simhi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 10:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=s0cANz_7_WY

This is indeed good marketing & surely this will be a topic of discussion for folks who drive that way. The board looks equally brilliant at night, with the name 'Safari' too occupying a reasonable share of the space.
SILLY Video Creator. The vehicles in the video are going backwards and camera panning is done by hand and not a tripod.

Looks amateurish.
svsantosh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 15:28   #8
BHPian

And the best part, I believe each component in the billboard came from a Tata factor!
Old 10th April 2021, 16:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

Instead of spending money on all this, Tata should focus on (spend more) quality control to ensure their customers have no problems with their cars and discipline their dealers.

See the niggles thread on our forum with brand new cars, completely unacceptable after spending so much money. It’s like a lottery whether your particular piece turns out to be niggle free or not. I wouldn’t like to play Russian Roulette with Tata for sure.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 19:46   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Instead of spending money on all this, Tata should focus on (spend more) quality control to ensure their customers have no problems with their cars and discipline their dealers.

See the niggles thread on our forum with brand new cars, completely unacceptable after spending so much money. It’s like a lottery whether your particular piece turns out to be niggle free or not. I wouldn’t like to play Russian Roulette with Tata for sure.

Cheers
I agree with you that after spending so much money and then having to face issues is rather frustating experience.
However, spending on marketing is equally important. You can have a great product but without the right marketing, you might not see the sales moving.
If this would not have been the case then we won't be seeing a lot of advertisements from brands where they advertise their products in sports events, YouTube videos, different online websites etc.
Dhillon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 20:01   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post

Honestly in the night it doesn't look as impossible to miss as the harrier one before. In the day time, unless you are sleeping you can't miss it!

I'm sure they'll rectify it soon with appropriate lighting in the coming weeks.

It's just unbelievably massive
avdhesh15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 23:19   #12
BHPian

I often travel to this route. I find the Jeep Compass billboard more intrinsic and real compared to the Tata billboards. Anyway both are pleasurable to watch in anyway dull looking surroundings.
Old 12th April 2021, 10:01   #13
BHPian

I must be the odd man out who dislikes both these billboards (the previous Compass one and the current Safari billboard).

I especially dislike their location. Right at the beginning of the ghats, bang in the middle of what should be a scenic natural landscape, ideally unfettered by these man-made structures.

To me, it's just another example of capitalism trampling all over nature. I'd like nothing more than for all billboards and hoardings on open highways to be taken down. Let's enjoy the scenery the way it was originally intended to be.
kadanaJ is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 22:20   #14
BHPian

Maybe they could have spent the money in figuring out how to mount the FCM motor with an AWD terrain instead. FcM played them for Harrier , let's hope TATA didn't get played this time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks