Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2021, 12:09   #136
Senior - BHPian

re: Rebadged Maruti Ciaz to replace Toyota Yaris. EDIT : Named as Toyota Belta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiestaboy View Post
In few years, Indian Govt is going to bring the CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) targets, which will drive stringent Fuel Economy targets.

In that scenario, Toyota will suffer huge because of their heavy vehicles dominant fleet & lesser FE values offered.
Hence, they are collaborating with Suzuki who have bigger fleet of small vehicles, which has higher Fuel Economy. Now with the rebadging, Toyota will be able to show their FE credit offset from smaller vehicles (Glanza, Urban Cruiser) to their Innova & Fortuner.

Alternatively Suzuki is strong in A & B segments & not in U segments. Hence they will/might get SUV re-badging of Innova & Toyota in future as a return of favour or know-how of their EV technology.
The basic agenda of this Toyota-Suzuki Partnership is that Toyota has all the technology in its ace, Suzuki wants it and will get it from Toyota. While In India, Toyota doesn't have volumes to play with, hence they are relying on Maruti Suzuki for few products with rebadge.

All this is temporary. Suzuki and Toyota will start developing new products from 2022 and will share drivetrains and assembly line but they will be engineered differently.

The launch of Glanza, Urban Cruiser, Belta etc are all for a limited duration until their next gen models are redeveloped to suit both brands.

Before you ask me, Toyota will not Rebadge the Innova & Fortuner for Suzuki. Only the new products developed will wear their respective badges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuentinTino View Post
Belta. Seriously? How could anyone come up with such a horrible name? Looks like they took a Ciaz Delta variant and didn’t even bother to change the complete name
Rebadged Maruti Ciaz to replace Toyota Yaris. EDIT : Named as Toyota Belta-images-1.jpeg

This above car is a Toyota Belta. It was on sale way before Ciaz was even born. What Toyota have done is use an existing name of a Sedan in their lineup for the Yaris Replacement, The Belta was a Sedan Version of Yaris in some markets while here it's a rebadged Ciaz.

While the name doesn't sound that good, it'll be easier for Toyota to use existing name rather than trademarking another new name for a car that'll be on sale for limited time.
CarguyNish is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 16:18   #137
BHPian

Toyota is doing this when the market is finally starting to appreciate the Yaris and the sales numbers have also been growing.
Old 25th August 2021, 23:44   #138
BANNED

This thread seems to have gone real quiet.
Any updates on the Belta?

And given that the Ciaz was launched in 2014 (and facelifted in 2018), isn't it too late for Toyota to re-badge it?
Old 26th August 2021, 09:05   #139
BHPian

I'm curious as well. The Yaris still seems to be up on Toyota's website but is out of stock at all dealers'. Yaris is/was a great car and is much better built than the Honda City. I would have definitely picked it had it not been for those horrible ergonomics(lack of a dead pedal, no telescopic steering, driver armrest literally a kilometer behind etc.).
Old 22nd September 2021, 07:43   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Production of Toyota's sedan begins.

Rebadged Maruti Ciaz to replace Toyota Yaris. EDIT : Named as Toyota Belta-toyotabelta21280x720.jpg

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki has commenced the production of the Toyota Belta at its manufacturing facility in Manesar as it is spied in red colour. The Belta is part of the rebadged exercise under the partnership with Suzuki and is the third model to be spawned out of this strategy following the Glanza (badge engineered Baleno) and the Urban Cruiser (rebadged Vitara Brezza).

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd September 2021 at 07:45.
volkman10 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 11:48   #141
BHPian

Clearly the left half of the image is duplicated and pasted on the right after inverting it. (The bumper center misalignment, reflections and all)
Also the logo looks fake as the black insert isn't inset like in its regular cars.

After the Toyota Wagon-R fake image, I would take this with a truckload of salt.

The car may be rebadged but after the Urban Cruiser, I expect a little of the custom-toyota treatment.
RavSam is offline   (60) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 11:51   #142
BHPian

So does this mean the Yaris is going out of production soon?

I'll be very interested in getting some good offers in the remaining stock.
Old 22nd September 2021, 12:07   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Clearly the left half of the image is duplicated and pasted on the right after inverting it. (The bumper center misalignment, reflections and all)

After the Toyota Wagon-R fake image, I would take this with a truckload of salt.
Good catch

The guys at gaadiwaadi are a useless bunch.
I had caught them doing a poor paintshop job of the Himalayan with Trippr console, have a look (Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 booking - Proceed or postpone?)
shancz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 12:17   #144
BHPian

For Bengali folk, I think this is the perfect choice for our Ronju kaku.
For everyone else, this translates to "Shall I bring the Belt?"
@mods: Please excuse my poor attempt at humor.
Attached Images

Sandman689 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 14:01   #145
BHPian

If I could throw an egg on Toyota, I would have thrown without thinking twice. Yaris is such a good product with good build quality, they just had to rework their pricing and market a bit, they could have easily sold 1000 a month. Anyway sales from sedan cannot beat any pseudo suv's out here in market
rahulskumar is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 16:29   #146
BHPian

One of the safest car makers in the world are now selling one of the least safest cars in the world. What a time not to be alive.

Quote:
The car may be rebadged but after the Urban Cruiser, I expect a little of the custom-toyota treatment.
Nah Toyota is too lazy for that. Just a slight bit of changes to front and maybe a bit in the rear. I would be shocked if they did any noticeable changes to the interior.
Avikbrio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 16:43   #147
BHPian

What fabulous times are we living in. While my statement doesn't matter one bit, I'll forgive Toyota if they name it Belta. I'm fine with it as long as they don't name it Corolla Quest! That would be an absolute insult to the Corolla badge(no offence to Ciaz which is a decent car). I am simply livid at the reducing number of quality options that a buyer has at the moment. Japs continue enjoying their slumber party.
Dead_Pedal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 16:47   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Also the logo looks fake as the black insert isn't inset like in its regular cars.

Toyota pranked us by replacing the badge of the car.

Gaadiwaadi pranked us by making a mirror image.

Tie.
Torque250 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 17:22   #149
BHPian

They have acknowledged that it's a rendering

https://gaadiwaadi.com/upcoming-toyo...hings-to-know/
Attached Thumbnails
Rebadged Maruti Ciaz to replace Toyota Yaris. EDIT : Named as Toyota Belta-toyotabelta121536x864.jpg  

sid_deb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 01:23   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki India made LHD Toyota Beltas:

Rebadged Maruti Ciaz to replace Toyota Yaris. EDIT : Named as Toyota Belta-9.jpg

Rebadged Maruti Ciaz to replace Toyota Yaris. EDIT : Named as Toyota Belta-20211006_011716.jpg

Rebadged Maruti Ciaz to replace Toyota Yaris. EDIT : Named as Toyota Belta-20211006_011620.jpg

Last edited by Leoshashi : 6th October 2021 at 01:30.
Leoshashi is offline   (51) Thanks

Most Viewed