Team-BHP - CNG WagonR with "Dealer" Warranty
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   CNG WagonR with "Dealer" Warranty (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/23586-cng-wagonr-dealer-warranty.html)

Hi Team-BHP,

I read on the forum that there are certain Maruti dealers that offer dealer warranty on a new car fitted with CNG provided you get the fitment done from them.

I plan to buy a hatch and get a CNG fitment done in it as economy is my main requirement. From whatever info I could gather, I think WagonR is the best bet to get CNG fitted into it but I am worrried about the warranty lapse.

I called up Apra motors in Delhi and asked them about buying a new WagonR and getting CNG fitted in it.

They said it was possible and the warranty would stand provided I get my CNG kit from them and also all my servicings done from them. They are charging 43K for the kit including endorsement on the RC. They were clear that it will be a dealer warranty which they claim is no different from the Maruti warranty in any way except for the limited "choice" of service workshops.

-- Is there any other difference in the warranty ?
-- How do I ensure that I am not cheated regd the validity of the warranty?
-- Any difference in the first year warranty and the subsequent 2 yr extended warranty ?

And regarding the kit itself, the salesman told me that the Kit would carry a 2 year warranty. He told me the make which I cant recall ( think it started with A ). He said that it would include the lambda sensor.

-- How will I know that Lambda is actually installed ? Any way of physical verification ?

-- When is the right time to get a kit installed in terms of kilometers driven?

Also, do any other dealers offer this same CNG option ? Preferably in West Delhi area.

PS: Mods, please move the thread in case this the wrong place to discuss.

Why dont you go for wagonR LPG instead? You will get warranty by company, and peace of mind.
BTW other cars which come to my mind offering company given warranty include Indica Xeta (CNG) and Chevrolet Optra (CNG).

Quote:

Fed up of the Ford Ikon Flair
Why not convert it into CNG?

Guess the best person to answer your query regarding warranty would be your dealer itself and the best possible way to protect yourself is get in writing what is covered and what is not covered under warranty.

However like dciete suggested I too feel you should look at the Wagon-r duo instead of this dealer arrangement of CNG.Apart from the indica and the optra the ikon also comes with CNG nowadays is what I hear so why not have a talk with your ford dealer also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 425134)
Hi Team-BHP,

I read on the forum that there are certain Maruti dealers that offer dealer warranty on a new car fitted with CNG provided you get the fitment done from them.

I plan to buy a hatch and get a CNG fitment done in it as economy is my main requirement. From whatever info I could gather, I think WagonR is the best bet to get CNG fitted into it but I am worrried about the warranty lapse.

I called up Apra motors in Delhi and asked them about buying a new WagonR and getting CNG fitted in it.

They said it was possible and the warranty would stand provided I get my CNG kit from them and also all my servicings done from them. They are charging 43K for the kit including endorsement on the RC. They were clear that it will be a dealer warranty which they claim is no different from the Maruti warranty in any way except for the limited "choice" of service workshops.

-- Is there any other difference in the warranty ?
-- How do I ensure that I am not cheated regd the validity of the warranty?
-- Any difference in the first year warranty and the subsequent 2 yr extended warranty ?

And regarding the kit itself, the salesman told me that the Kit would carry a 2 year warranty. He told me the make which I cant recall ( think it started with A ). He said that it would include the lambda sensor.

-- How will I know that Lambda is actually installed ? Any way of physical verification ?

-- When is the right time to get a kit installed in terms of kilometers driven?

Also, do any other dealers offer this same CNG option ? Preferably in West Delhi area.

PS: Mods, please move the thread in case this the wrong place to discuss.

Apra motors have their workshop in gurgaon for CNG fitment,they do the fitments there and provide dealership warranty.

Lambda can be seen in the engine bay between the throttle body and the CNG kit

i dont think there is some right time to get a kit installed but start using cng after the car has run in properly maybe after around 2000 kilometers

You may also contact fellow member wolfinstein regarding CNG fitment.. i think he got it done for his Indica.

am sure if you have tried outside for CNG you must have been quoted betwn 35-38,,, wt i would like to say here is those who are offering same kit at lesser price, they are into full time business for so many monthsand these dealers just on the sake of warranty charging you high.
No dealer is authorise to give warranty on behalf of maruti, they are just doing of thier own,
i would say be bold and get it done from a professional fitter outside only.. its same,
P.S I got CNG fitted in my optra 2 years back and from last dec optra is giving with same CNG fitment from the same company at 8k more,, and i have no issues so far, if you need contacts pm me..
Cheers
Wadhwa Ajay

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite (Post 425166)
Why dont you go for wagonR LPG instead? You will get warranty by company, and peace of mind.
BTW other cars which come to my mind offering company given warranty include Indica Xeta (CNG) and Chevrolet Optra (CNG).

Why not convert it into CNG?

Indica CNG is an option but it will be a TATA car which I am not very keen on!
Optra is waaaay out of my budget :(

Also, cant get the ford Ikon fitted with CNG as it is used for highway travel and we need the boot space....

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_intlad (Post 425173)
Guess the best person to answer your query regarding warranty would be your dealer itself and the best possible way to protect yourself is get in writing what is covered and what is not covered under warranty.

However like dciete suggested I too feel you should look at the Wagon-r duo instead of this dealer arrangement of CNG.Apart from the indica and the optra the ikon also comes with CNG nowadays is what I hear so why not have a talk with your ford dealer also.

Have called the dealer rep to my office tomorrow so lets see what happens !!

Regarding WagonR duo, I somehow feel that if economy is my major objective, then LPG with only 30 % saving lags behind the 70% saving offered by CNG..

Also , instead of WagonR CNG, is there a case for me buying the Swift Diesel. My monthly run would be around 1500 to 1800 km mostly in the city.
I think the OTR price is 5.2 lacs ao I would be paying a premium of close to 1.3 lakhs on WagonR. Makes sense economically ?

So Eddie - Have you got it done?? Let me know, as I am also planning to install CNG in my WagonR, and want to keep warranty intact... Pl tell me..