Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2021, 11:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Ford EcoSport Titanium S variant to get new updates

The 2021 Ford EcoSport was launched in January this year. As part of the update, a sunroof was offered as standard on the Titanium trim. Now, it seems that Ford is planning to update its Titanium S trim as well.

Rumour: Ford EcoSport Titanium S variant to get new updates-2018fordecosports01.jpg

We have been told that the Titanium S variant is likely to get a few exterior changes including a reworked front bumper, LED daytime running lights placed below the headlights, LED tail lights and new alloy wheels.

Rumour: Ford EcoSport Titanium S variant to get new updates-2018fordecosports06.jpg

Inside, the crossover could be offered with a new touchscreen infotainment system, details of which are still murky.

Rumour: Ford EcoSport Titanium S variant to get new updates-2018fordecosports05.jpg

The Ford EcoSport comes with a choice of petrol or diesel engines. The BS6 compliant 1.5-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine produces 120 BHP and 149 Nm of torque and is paired with a 5-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission. The updated 1.5-litre diesel engine makes 99 BHP and 215 Nm and is offered with a 5-speed manual gearbox.

Thanks to Anbu for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 1st May 2021 at 06:07.
TusharK is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 11:09   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Ford EcoSport Titanium S variant to get new updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Inside, the crossover could be offered with a new touchscreen infotainment system, details of which are still murky.
I hope they don't remove the Sync 3 from the S variant as well, in a bid to provide a new touchscreen.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 11:33   #3
KPR
BANNED

Already S variant is sold at close to 14L OTR. ES no doubt is a very good buy at maybe less than 12L on road. Bring Titanium with 6 air bags at 12L there is a value and could easily eat away Venue and Sonet higher variants. But at 14 lakhs OTR for S variant it is too much to ask for a sub 4m SUV with cramped rear. At times I wonder where the pricing of such car is heading towards in this segment.

Last edited by KPR : 30th April 2021 at 11:39.
KPR is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 11:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
The car no doubt is a very good buy at maybe less than 12L on road. Bring Titanium with 6 air bags there is a value and could easily eat away Venue and Sonet higher variants. But at 14 lakhs OTR for S variant it is too much to ask for a sub 4m SUV with cramped rear. At times I wonder where the pricing of such car is heading towards in this segment.
Actually it undercuts both Sonet and Venue in their manual trims. It even undercuts the Nexon and XUV300. The space inside is similar to the korean twins, but IMO the rear seat comfort is better in Ecosport, due to the high set seats and long seatbase, translating to very good underthigh support.

The reason Korean twins are selling so much is due to the Hyundai-Kia brand, perfect city driving abilities of both, and the plethora of engine and transmission options. I had read the Ecosport is the second highest selling diesel manual C-SUV in sub 4 metre space (march 2021 data). If only Ford could get the diesel automatic, and introduce a top end automatic in the petrol guise too! They also need to reintroduce the SYNC 3.0 in Titanium trim. Buyers take the touchscreen very seriously in this segment.

Last edited by 07CR : 30th April 2021 at 11:46.
07CR is online now   (32) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 19:45   #5

If the Ford could just include the Sync3 infotainment system across all variants and stop playing around with random feature deletions - it will go a long way towards improving sales.

I think it’s simply idiotic to not have Apple CarPlay or Android Auto in a Rs 12 lakh plus car in 2021.
Vick2002 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 20:57   #6
BHPian

When I was looking to buy Ford Ecosport, the deal breaker for me was no Apple Car Play in variants apart from S. The reason they gave me for removal of Sync 3 from lower variants was that it was based on a survey that they conducted. I just hope they don’t axe Sync 3 from the S variant.
sahil624 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 02:58   #7
BHPian

I hope Ford brings back sync 3 in the lower variants and I hope it's an Automatic in the S variants sold along with MT variants. Bring navigation in the MID(that's easy with sync 3.4) and a diesel AT or a fully digital speedometer from the global Focus/Fiesta. Ford cannot afford to goof up on the variants this time.

Maybe Ford is plonking in sync 4.0 in the S variant(wishful thinking)

Last edited by jithin23 : 1st May 2021 at 03:00.
jithin23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 11:45   #8
BHPian

I can confirm that Ford is indeed testing an EcoSport with a facelift. I saw 2 mules today morning on my way from Tindivanam to Chennai. No pictures as I was driving solo and in the opposite direction.

The first car spotted somewhere after the Athur toll plaza had the front masked till the A pillar. The headlamps looked the same however the car had inverted L shape DRLs that resembled the ones from the Datsun RediGo with similar positioning. The rear was masked a bit too.

The second car spotted a few kms further down had only the front masked and similar DRLs as above. Not sure if this might be only a simple facelift since Ford has a couple of cars under test.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th May 2021 at 05:41. Reason: Typo
Shanksta is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 12:16   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
When I was looking to buy Ford Ecosport, the deal breaker for me was no Apple Car Play in variants apart from S. The reason they gave me for removal of Sync 3 from lower variants was that it was based on a survey that they conducted. I just hope they don’t axe Sync 3 from the S variant.
That's bullshit. Why would anyone not want this? It's purely for cost cutting - the wrong approach. They dropped Sync3 in favour of the sunroof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vick2002 View Post
If the Ford could just include the Sync3 infotainment system across all variants and stop playing around with random feature deletions - it will go a long way towards improving sales.

I think it’s simply idiotic to not have Apple CarPlay or Android Auto in a Rs 12 lakh plus car in 2021.
Exactly my thoughts. Sync3 with probably an in-built TPMS and cornering lights in the Titanium variant would have done wonders to the car's sales.

It wouldn't cost much to mass produce. But then, the SA told me it costs 80K to just have Sync3 in place. Doesn't make any sense.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th May 2021 at 11:22. Reason: Grammar
blueshift is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st May 2021, 17:56   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshift View Post
It wouldn't have cost much to include them in their mass producBut then the SA told me it costs 80k to just have Sync3 in place. Doesn't make any sense.
That doesn’t sound quite right. You should’ve probably asked that SA about FlyAudio unit’s cost as well

I’m sure Sync3 must add to the cost but I would hazard a guess that it won’t be more than 15-20k more than FlyAudio.
Vick2002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 19:34   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vick2002 View Post
I’m sure Sync3 must add to the cost but I would hazard a guess that it won’t be more than 15-20k more than FlyAudio.
Nope. The gap will be much more. The FlyAudio is like any other Chinese infotainment system and would cost no more than 10k at max. Whereas the Sync system would be upwards of 40k at-least.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 09:12   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Nope. The gap will be much more. The FlyAudio is like any other Chinese infotainment system and would cost no more than 10k at max. Whereas the Sync system would be upwards of 40k at-least.
Pardon my ignorance, why does it cost approx 40k extra to add Sync3? I thought it’s a software upgrade which is owned by Ford, or does it involve hardware upgrade that costs significant high cost.
arvindmanju is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 11:23   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
Pardon my ignorance, why does it cost approx 40k extra to add Sync3? I thought it’s a software upgrade which is owned by Ford, or does it involve hardware upgrade that costs significant high cost.
It's not a software upgrade. They are completely different units with different hardware and software. FlyAudio is like a budget feature/basic phone whereas Sync 3 can be comparable to a flagship smartphone.
Funny is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 18:53   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshift View Post
That's bullshit. Why would anyone don't want this ? It purely for cost cutting approach gone in a wrong way. They gave away Sync3 for sunroof.

Exactly my thoughts. A Sync3 with probably built-in TPMS and cornering headlights in Titanium variant would have made wonders to its sell.

It wouldn't have cost much to include them in their mass production. But then the SA told me it costs 80k to just have Sync3 in place. Doesn't make any sense.
TPMS can be enabled in sync 3 by some software modification. Regarding the cost of sync 3, the SA is wrong as the entire sync 3 screen+module costs about 550-600$ which translates to 35-45k INR. Plus the disadvantage is that sync 3 systems are not made in India, that's the reason they cost about 40k

By the way, Ford did give sync 3 on all variants except ambiente from Nov 2017 to April 2018. Post May 2018, they stated cost cutting stating customer feedback which is not the case. Titanium was most VFM and complete variant back then and now expect for lack of sync 3.

Cornering fog lamps is possible, I've enabled it in my car.

I wish Ford India management reads team bhp threads and they can turn their business around quickly by just reading the feedback in this forum.
jithin23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 19:30   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
TPMS can be enabled in sync 3 by some software modification. Regarding the cost of sync 3, the SA is wrong as the entire sync 3 screen+module costs about 550-600$ which translates to 35-45k INR. Plus the disadvantage is that sync 3 systems are not made in India, that's the reason they cost about 40k

Cornering fog lamps is possible, I've enabled it in my car.
Thanks Jithin. You are the mod guru for Ecosport and I read your few mod threads. But seems I missed this (DIY: Cruise Control & Cornering Lamps in my Ford EcoSport Facelift) thread. Thanks

Yes I know SA was misinformed or was just trying to coverup the mistake that Ford did
blueshift is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks