Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2021, 18:59   #31

Re: 2021 Kia Seltos & Sonet launched; new trims & features added

Decision to add imt in only htk+ trim seems strange. They could have introduced the same in 1-2 trims more to have more flexibility. Htk+ imt doesn't have esc, hill hold etc. While htx version does.
Old 4th May 2021, 11:46   #32
BHPian

Updated on road price of Sonet in Navi Mumbai
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Kia_onroad_may2021.xlsx (47.9 KB, 313 views)
Old 4th May 2021, 12:18   #33
BHPian

I feel Sonet has priced the new HTX DCT variant very aggressively and thrown almost all features in it to make it a VFM variant for people opting for an Automatic Car. It has the same features as top of the line Venue SX+ DCT and is cheaper by 60k (ex-showroom). However, I don't see people willing to shell out 2L extra (ex-showroom) for a few additional features (Bigger touch screen, Bose Speakers, Ventilated seats, etc.). for the GTX+ variant.

Venue is the current segment leader but with the introduction of Sonet HTX DCT, I see a lot of customers moving toward Sonet in the next half of this year and possibly Sonet might dethrone Brezza/Venue soon for grabbing that top spot!
Varun_G is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 14:38   #34

The reorganization is probably a masterstroke as far as Kia's marketing is concerned.
The Sonet is known for it feature rich package and nothing else. HTX variant was the VFM option in terms of features. On top of that there were high demand for HTX compared to HTK+.
So, they more or less renamed the HTX variant to HTK+ variant (with a few misses of course) and gave the new HTX variant alloy wheels and some "safety features" (BA, HA).

Also, what beats me is how does someone decide to give a sunroof on a variant but not a rear wash/wiper" I was expecting some correction here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
Although its morally the right thing to do, I wonder if their legal cell would / will ever permit such a move. It would open a Pandora's box and essentially open them to be at the wrong end of ligitative actions and kill their reputation!

On the other hand, I woun't be surprised if they (Kia) had quitely made necessary reinforcements to the structure of Setos in current batches as a process of ongoing improvements. Often, the weight increase for such reinforcements to meet what is essentially a stylised and controlled crash qualification test may not involve large weight or structural changes. I specifically mean corrective design actions to overcome that 'borderline unstable body shell' remark in the NCAP test.
Again that would be the right thing to do. But given that the product sells like hot pancakes, I doubt that KIA will do anything to slash their margins. And unless they take the initiative to redo the NCAP test and up their rating, I am very skeptical on any corrective actions on the new batches.
Old 9th May 2021, 22:34   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yd_gli View Post
I am almost certain most Seltos/Sonet buyers have no idea where their variant stands in the product hierarchy. The Korean OEMs have figured out exactly how to bell the cat!!
I have figured this out for myself. I’m an almost certain buyer for the Sonet once we are passed these lockdowns and once we get to see the Kushaq in June, if at all. The Taigun anyway seems far away in the future right now.

Anyway the way I’m looking at it, there are some must have features that I must have and I will willy nilly have to pick the variant that has it. For me the Rear Wiper and Washer / Defogger is absolutely essential. Unfortunately these are only available in the GTX+ so I have to shell out that price. I think this is a sneaky and rotten move on part of Kia. Something cosmetic like ventilated seats and/or wireless phone charger or even the sunroof are fine only in the top trim but the rear wiper a critical part required in all trims, they are extracting top buck for. That’s a real shame on part of Kia.
I admit that this may not be important for some others and they would have their own laundry list. Go with the top 3 features of your must have laundry list and see which variant fits and settle for it. Might still find yourself making some compromises but I think that’s only way one can make sense of it all
Old 15th May 2021, 13:37   #36
Senior - BHPian

2021 Kia Seltos and Sonet deliveries begin

2021 Kia Seltos & Sonet launched; new trims & features added-smartselect_20210515133532_chrome.jpg

Waiting period on fresh bookings extends up to 20 weeks, depending on the variant

2021 Kia Seltos & Sonet launched; new trims & features added-smartselect_20210515133405_chrome.jpg

2021 Kia Seltos & Sonet launched; new trims & features added-smartselect_20210515133436_chrome.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 23:33   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
2021 Kia Seltos and Sonet deliveries begin...
Waiting period on fresh bookings extends up to 20 weeks, depending on the variant

Source
To be honest, I'll take these waiting periods with a pinch of salt. In many cases, OEMs indicate/ declare long waiting periods to create hype.

Considering dispatch numbers of Seltos and Sonet over last year, KIA surely has capacity to fulfill most of the demands.

The only other reasons that may be attributed to longer waiting periods are production constraints due to COVID situation and semiconductor shortage.
AutoNoob is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 08:32   #38
BHPian

I recently asked for waiting time for Kia Seltos at Kolkata - 20 weeks for turbo manual top end, 15-20 weeks on an average for the rest.
Old 16th May 2021, 10:42   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxratul View Post
I recently asked for waiting time for Kia Seltos at Kolkata - 20 weeks for turbo manual top end, 15-20 weeks on an average for the rest.
Once you actually book it, delivery might be quicker than quoted wait times. You will be told that certain model or color is available due to cancellation by someone or Kia has started more shifts. It happened with me when I was told the wait time would be 3 months and as soon i booked it, suddenly it was available within 2 weeks after booking. Unfortunately I decided to cancel due to uncertain situation last year.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 16th May 2021 at 10:43.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 17:57   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
To be honest, I'll take these waiting periods with a pinch of salt. In many cases, OEMs indicate/ declare long waiting periods to create hype.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Once you actually book it, delivery might be quicker than quoted wait times. You will be told that certain model or color is available due to cancellation by someone or Kia has started more shifts. It happened with me when I was told the wait time would be 3 months and as soon i booked it, suddenly it was available within 2 weeks after booking. Unfortunately I decided to cancel due to uncertain situation last year.
Based on my experience of booking 2 cars recently and canceling one out of them, delivery time period is just an estimation based on the current scenario. It is hardly accurate and most of the time an SA will lie about them to create a hype or lock an earlier booking from the customer. I had visited Tata, Kia and Hyundai before finalizing a Nexon. However, after 11 weeks of wait and lackluster response from Tata Motors, I decided to cancel and move ahead with either Kia/Hyundai.

Kia gave a higher waiting estimate and also sounded a bit snobby whereas Hyundai on the other hand gave me a reasonable waiting estimate and delivered on the promise date. On the other hand, one of my friend who booked a Sonet has overshot his estimated delivery time by more than a month and now has to wait for 3-4 months more due to logo change and previous variant being no longer available. I finally chose Venue over Sonet as it appealed more to me in terms of VFM and Hyundai's ease of ownership and availability of services across the country.

Last edited by Varun_G : 17th May 2021 at 17:58.
Varun_G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 15:11   #41
BHPian

Hi, Has anyone been able to get their hands on the new Seltos IMT? If yes, can you please share the first impressions.
Old 15th July 2021, 13:21   #42
BHPian

I wanted to setup a booking for Sonet HTX AT Diesel option. The dealer says even for booking, I need to submit 2 years ITR. If this 2 year ITR not submitted, I need to pay TCS at 5%.

Does anyone know if this is true or my dealer is taking me for a ride. This is from Bangalore Kia Dealer.
Old 15th July 2021, 14:55   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbull View Post
I wanted to setup a booking for Sonet HTX AT Diesel option. The dealer says even for booking, I need to submit 2 years ITR. If this 2 year ITR not submitted, I need to pay TCS at 5%.

Does anyone know if this is true or my dealer is taking me for a ride. This is from Bangalore Kia Dealer.
He is definitely taking you for a ride. TCS is applicable at a fixed rate of 1% over cars over 10 lakhs (it was reduced to 0.75% till March 2021 as a part of economic stimulus, don't know if that has been extended). You need not submit any kind of documents.

There is no such rule AFAIK.

I don't know why is he even asking for your ITR. What has he got to do with it? Unless you are taking a loan through the dealer.

Last edited by Shreyas Agarwal : 15th July 2021 at 14:56.
Shreyas Agarwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 16:01   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbull View Post

Its true my friend. The same was told by both Renault and Nissan showroom when I went for a time-pass test drive of their respective products.

Seems like a new sakaari rule to generate tax revenue from non-tax paying citizens (which is a brilliant move till people find a way around it).
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 17:51   #45
BHPian

I don't think customers have to share their 2 year ITR issues with dealerships, thats serious lack of privacy. I was reading last week in Economic Times I think , that there is a IT portal where these folks can look up whether the given PAN number has filed ITR in last couple of years or not. Which seems to be much saner approach.

Banks to check if you have filed ITR when income crosses TDS limit from July 1, levy 2X TDS if not

Quote:
As per the circular, "To ease this compliance burden the Central Board of Direct Taxes is issuing a new functionality 'Compliance Check for Sections 206AB & 206CCA' This functionality is made available through reporting portal of the Income-tax Department. The tax deductor or collectee can feed the single PAN or multiple PANs of the deductee or collectee and can get response from the functionality if such deductee is specified person."

Most Viewed