Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2021, 11:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

2021 Kia Seltos & Sonet launched; new trims & features added

Kia has launched the updated Seltos and Sonet for the 2021 model year. Both crossovers get new variants and an updated features list. These are the first models in India to feature Kia's new brand logo.

2021 Kia Seltos & Sonet launched; new trims & features added-refreshed-seltos_exterior.jpg

The 2021 Kia Seltos is priced from Rs. 9.95 lakh and the prices for the Sonet start at Rs. 6.79 lakh (ex-showroom, India).

2021 Kia Seltos & Sonet launched; new trims & features added-refreshed-sonet-exterior.jpg

For the first time, Kia has introduced the iMT technology in the Seltos. The clutchless manual transmission is available in the 1.5L Petrol HTK+ variant.

2021 Kia Seltos & Sonet launched; new trims & features added-refreshed-sonet_paddle-shifters.jpg

The Seltos is now available in 1.4L Petrol GTX (O) trim, while the Sonet gets two new automatic variants - 1.0L Petrol DCT HTX and 1.5L Diesel AT HTX. Also, automatic variants of both cars now get paddle shifters.

2021 Kia Seltos & Sonet launched; new trims & features added-refreshed-seltos-revolutionary-imt-technology-now-available-htk-g1.5.jpg

2021 Kia Seltos features:

Smart Pure Air Purifier with ‘Virus and Bacteria’ Protection
Remote Engine Start in Manual transmission
Wireless Phone projection
Over the Air (OTA) map updates
Additional Voice Commands on UVO connected car system for Sunroof Open & Close, Driver Window Control
Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
Brake Assist (BA)
Hill Assist Control (HAC)

2021 Kia Seltos & Sonet launched; new trims & features added-refreshed-sonet-1st-segment-rear-door-sunshade-curtain.jpg

2021 Kia Sonet features:

Rear Door Sunshade Curtains
Voice command for Sunroof Open & Close
Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
Brake Assist (BA)
Hill Assist Control (HAC)
Multi drive and traction mode
Electric sunroof
Smart key with push button start
Remote engine start

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (25) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 11:42   #2
BHPian

Re: 2021 Kia Seltos & Sonet launched; new trims & features added

PFB the price list for the updated Sonet & Seltos:
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Kia Seltos & Sonet launched; new trims & features added-591af109de4644fcae6a9247ac3c140e.jpeg  

2021 Kia Seltos & Sonet launched; new trims & features added-5a709f9a245844bdb6029e7a4f9552c3.jpeg  

H0RSEPOWER is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 12:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

So the Seltos now gets the Paddle Shifters. There were a lot of people who bought the Seltos 7DCT prior to this feature inclusion who would be interested to know if this can be retrofit onto their existing Seltos.

Is there a chance that these features can be added to the existing Seltos by means of a Steering Wheel swap and some wiring which the ASC maybe able to do?
vsrivatsa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 12:28   #4

I can’t get my head around the fact that even within same trim, there are literally so many feature differences. I’m talking specifically about HTK+ trim. Take the example of iMT vs AT Diesel. AT while being way costlier, doesn’t get sunroof and automatic climate control. To rub even more salt to the wound, they’ve increased the price of Diesel automatic even without any feature upgrades. Why to even keep them under same trim if you’ve to introduce such feature disharmony.
v_square is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 13:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Any idea if the iMT HTK+ model has been equipped with ACC and rear seat central arm rest? I'd have preferred these features which are more practical than remote engine start.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 1st May 2021 at 13:07.
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 13:18   #6
BHPian

HTK+ IMT variant (in case of Sonet, for the 1 litre turbo engine version) is now equipped with sunroof. Below is the updated feature list for both as per Rushlane.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Kia Seltos & Sonet launched; new trims & features added-f231a2f76d034232ac90b5dc20c90c37.jpeg  

2021 Kia Seltos & Sonet launched; new trims & features added-e4d0c88a826e440e943d556f92b8e108.jpeg  

H0RSEPOWER is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 13:29   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

It is good to see all HTX trim cars now get safety features such as ESC, HAC, VSM, Brake Assist, including the diesel manual and diesel auto variants. In addition, the 6At and 7 DCT HTX variants get Multi-drive Modes & Traction Control as well as Paddle shifters.

So, the starting price point for a Diesel AT has gone up to 11.3 lakhs in the Sonet! This is a steep increase over the HTK+ Diesel AT which was available for a lakh less at launch last year. However, the HTX version now has even more features such as allow wheels, makign the price increase seem justified.

HTX Diesel AT seems to be the best balance of features and value now, packing in LED handlamps, electric sunroof , wireless Android Auto+Apple Car Play etc. in addition to the above safety features as well as nice engine and transmission combination.
84.monsoon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 13:31   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0RSEPOWER View Post
PFB the price list for the updated Sonet & Seltos:
Please correct me if I am wrong here, isn’t the HTX 6AT also available with the same 1.5L VGT? I am assuming that it is a typo here wherein it has been shown under the WGT.
Old 1st May 2021, 13:37   #9
BHPian

Speaking of Sonet,
The HTK+ and HTX feels much more worth for money now, with additional features.

Earlier, one of my friends was looking to buy a diesel HTX. And the showroom had quoted around 35k for OEM alloy set.
Now for the same money my friend is happy to get factory fitted alloys, additional safety features and rear door sunshades.

Meanwhile,
My friend had got this value proposition chart from his SA.
Hope it will help others to know about the new features included and the corresponding prices being charged for the same.

(Image received as a forward and credits to respective owner)
2021 Kia Seltos & Sonet launched; new trims & features added-img20210501wa0014.jpg

Last edited by DLC5005 : 1st May 2021 at 13:48. Reason: Typo
DLC5005 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 15:52   #10
BHPian

There are so many variants for sonet and seltos that they deserve an algorithm for variant selection. I gave up on understanding the additions and deletions of the variants.

Any particular reason for the new variants now? Is it like a mid mid-life refresh?
professor.march is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 16:17   #11
BHPian

No words on improving the crash worthiness of Seltos which barely managed 3*.
Kia could've used this facelift as an opportunity to beef up the structure. But who cares as long as the bling sells.
anthusiast is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 16:32   #12
BHPian

High time Kia should reduce variants or atleast give them names which can be easily understandable by common folks. 2 years since it's launch and I still can't differentiate between the variants. I went to showroom last year, salesman did his best but the moment I stepped out, I had forgotten which variant I wanted to go for GTX, HTX, HT how on earth a layman is supposed to know which is which !?
Akshay6988 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 17:05   #13
Senior - BHPian

Will there be another Global NCAP testing for the 2021 Seltos?
I am very interested in knowing if they have improved safety rating or if its just some minor feature additions in this facelift.
Maky is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 17:11   #14
Senior - BHPian

So the additional safety features ESC, VSM,BA,HAC, and alloys+rear curtains in the HTX iMT version cost Rs.30k more compared to earlier ex showroom. This translates to additional Rs.31k more on road . Since the Bangalore Road tax increases from 14% to 17% if the car costs above 10L. So the total effective increase is 61k.
Now HTK+ is a more VFM model with smart key, engine off on switch and sun roof (not much useful), for 30k more than existing.
These guys seriously need to trim down the number of variants. Its mind boggling to see how many types and trim they are offering.
Old 1st May 2021, 18:49   #15
BHPian

I don’t see any mention of a rear wiper in any of the presentations. Only the GTX+ trim has a rear wiper. Both the manufacturers as well as prospective buyers I see consider this to be an unnecessary frill. Maybe it is so, but how does one handle removal of the dust during a long highway ride in summer and/or muck during rains, a build up caused by aerodynamics of the shape of any SUV or Hatchback. Why is this so overlooked. Am I missing something here. I refuse to buy an SUV / hatch which doesn’t have this feature. I know from experience how important it is
armumbai is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed