Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2021, 21:36   #31
BHPian

Re: 2021 Isuzu D-Max V-Cross & Hi-Lander launched; prices start at Rs. 16.98 lakh

Ok, so Highlander has caught my eye and would love to get my hands on it. Can someone pls guide me on the following?

1. Can I add steering mounted controls after market along with a good ICE?

2. Guidance on good places to have decent bedliner and lid options. Feedback on Azad and Bimbra also appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 11th May 2021, 21:50   #32
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2021 Isuzu D-Max V-Cross & Hi-Lander launched; prices start at Rs. 16.98 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseling View Post
1. Can I add steering mounted controls after market along with a good ICE?

Feedback on Azad and Bimbra also appreciated..
Bimbra has a good setup. Multiple type of bed liners / covers. Things may have changed after Thar. Best will be to check after they reopen.

Have a look at this, we got in 2019. Thankfully we got the car at less than 10 lac, looks like a steal now.

Regarding your Audio question, steering mounted controls might be possible if you change the steering unless Isuzu has given options by leaving connectors. Will be clear when we physically see the car.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Isuzu D-Max V-Cross & Hi-Lander launched; prices start at Rs. 16.98 lakh-b4c2fb265128445aa0da64b857a66ddb.jpeg  

Turbanator is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 23:13   #33
BHPian

There goes one option out of the window, 4WD without locking differential, dont know about hub lock, the only thing good over Thar is 6 airbags. Heck it is expensive at 25 lacs not to forget that will have to put lot more in mods, the tub cover itself quotes at around a lac. Will wait and pray for Scorpio 4WD and Thar 5 door.
Bluebird_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 15:19   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Bimbra has a good setup. Multiple type of bed liners / covers. Things may have changed after Thar. Best will be to check after they reopen.

Have a look at this, we got in 2019. Thankfully we got the car at less than 10 lac, looks like a steal now.

Regarding your Audio question, steering mounted controls might be possible if you change the steering unless Isuzu has given options by leaving connectors. Will be clear when we physically see the car.
Thanks Turbanator. From pics, it seems like there is no place for connectors on the steering wheel. And changing steering wheel of a new car doesn't seem like a wise thing to do
Old 12th May 2021, 15:34   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird_7 View Post
There goes one option out of the window, 4WD without locking differential, dont know about hub lock, the only thing good over Thar is 6 airbags. Heck it is expensive at 25 lacs not to forget that will have to put lot more in mods, the tub cover itself quotes at around a lac.
Or pay up for the only white board pick up truck available. Not a fan of the vehicle but this is the only one left on sale I think, could be wrong.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 15:55   #36
BHPian

After the price reveal, the only thought that came to my mind is: What if Isuzu leaves the Indian market after a year or two due to low sales and end up with the same fate as GM?

What would happen to the already razor thin after sales service providers?

Also, a lot of people rightfully want the variant they sell overseas. If they can't price these lower variants competitively, what hope do we Indians have of getting the fully loaded ones at decent prices?

Last edited by Sandman689 : 12th May 2021 at 15:58. Reason: grammatical correction
Old 12th May 2021, 23:34   #37

First companies like Ford or Isuzu price their vehicles incoherently and oblivious to the needs of a price sensitive country and then once sales goes down for an year or two, they pack their bags.
footloose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2021, 12:51   #38
Senior - BHPian

Price benefit of Rs 1.5 lakh on Isuzu Hi-Lander

2021 Isuzu D-Max V-Cross & Hi-Lander launched; prices start at Rs. 16.98 lakh-20210513_115126.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th May 2021, 13:01   #39
BHPian

This was so early for giving an offer, and it is not a small amount either. But I am suspecting some kind of a catch, had it been for the 4x4 model, I would have taken the bait.
Old 13th May 2021, 13:42   #40
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post

Attachment 2155343

Link
1. Launch on 10th May and offer 3 days later.
2. In India S Presso is SUV as per MS website .

And my two smilys per post are over.
KPR is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 14:30   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post

Link
This sounds to me like what Ford did with the Fiesta. Price it astronomically high and then discount it. That ended up as a flop for Ford despite being a very good model.

One thing manufacturers should know is, price it low and then gradually increase it. Indians bitten by price shock will never look at a product even with subsequent price reductions. There may be exemptions like Innova or Fortuner but pickup trucks are rare things in India. Sales people should not get greedy.

Looks like the sales people in these concerns are never a car person or does not understand the ground realities (A bit like our politicians). The management of these concerns might have recruited them by just looking at their CVs "look he completed his college in the US / first world country. Let him head our sales department".

Last edited by amvj : 14th May 2021 at 14:36.
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 17:22   #42
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseling View Post
Ok, so Highlander has caught my eye and would love to get my hands on it. Can someone pls guide me on the following?

1. Can I add steering mounted controls after market along with a good ICE?.
Woodman should have a solution for you in lesser than 3 months or maybe even now.

They have add on steering mounted buttons option or you can try to get the VCross steering if wiring support is present.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 12:51   #43
HTC
BANNED

Here is the price list in Bengaluru, Karnataka. No current offers going on. I asked about 'upto 1.5 lakhs offer' for which the sales representative said - 'they don't have any communication nor do they have any dealer level discounts'. He stressed that there is a lot of demand for V-Cross. Not sure how true.

Noob question. Is there a provision to install Rear differential lock for Hi-Lander variant? If so, what would be the cost for this? Asking since this can still make sense looking at 4x4 prices which are north of 25 big ones.
Also, I observed that quite a few OLX listing price for V-Cross have been bumped by a lakh or two after the price reveal. Buying a car is such an expensive affair these days in our country. Looking at waiting periods of 6 months to more than a year for few cars, I wonder if we have gone back to 90's where getting a Maruti 800 allotted needed political influence. Sigh!
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Isuzu D-Max V-Cross & Hi-Lander launched; prices start at Rs. 16.98 lakh-isuzu-pricelist.jpg  

Last edited by HTC : 15th May 2021 at 12:56.
HTC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 11:42   #44
BHPian

For a vehicle with a base price of 11.4 lacs INR/- the taxes+dealer charges mount to 10.3 lacs, that is the real killer.

Cannot really blame Isuzu for the price here, I think the dealers (through insurance, HP charges, etc.) are making a good margin, so is our government, Isuzu not so much. What is the incentive for them to drop the price?

No point comparing the Hi-lander to the S-cab. They have different engines. Hi-lander is a great proposition for SME businesses where the owner themselves drive the product/produce. This way they have a vehicle that is smart (which they can still take to meet prospective customers and not be winced at), and can do the job. I think it will sell more especially with possibilities of GST refund claim and depreciation.

The V-cross though does not make sense for either the SME or retail buyer, it is just not exclusive enough. Same engine as hi-lander coupled with German like pricing is a bummer. I see people who REALLY want this only go for it from a retail perspective (lot of money and just want bragging rights!). Expect to see low numbers.

Isuzu would have really done well to bring in the current model v-cross and even priced it 10-15% higher, that way it becomes a low volume niche segment maker (a-la the new Thar!).

As for me, I shall wait for the next-gen whenever it comes, both the new introductions and used cars of ISUZU do not make sense presently. And I have time to kill

Last edited by prasanna.vps : 17th May 2021 at 11:49.
prasanna.vps is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 11:52   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
Here is the price list in Bengaluru, Karnataka
Is it normal in your place to mention GST extra as being shown in this list? I haven't seen this or maybe I am just mistaken.

Is there a provision to install Rear differential lock for Hi-Lander variant?

I think Isuzu uses similar parts across their range, you can check with ARB, they carry stocks. Here's a relevant link:-

https://www.adventure-journal.com/20...rland-vehicle/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks