Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2007, 14:40   #91
Senior - BHPian

sam had mentioned it in half-aim for the stars ,maybe you end up on the tree .what ever is happening for fiat in india now is positive .slowly stile sales are picking.they have a good sales team with them without a penny sent-tata guys.now the only thing to do is give more promo and discounts.mul way.maybe a couple of good quality products would do the trick for them at this juncture and they are doing exactly that.punto launch was delayed due to i10.maybe in feb the car is out and by march april linea will follow.send a ferrari f1 car to all showroom and people will zoom in.display a big board for the discounts in the front of the f1 car -people see them.2 results to follow-1.they laugh and walk out.2.be serious and search the pocket for a booking.
ram
Old 5th December 2007, 14:53   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Please see the thumbnail below. This is the current production capacity of 178 platform cars produced in the factory
If i ask something, dont take it as Anti- FIAT:

Are these cars exported? Adventure has been stopped, and Palio sales target is 3k cars per year. Thats why the question on the production capacity.
Old 5th December 2007, 14:57   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Current capacity is 1,00,000 cars per year? Is this for the Palio only, or any TATA cars as well?
The Ranjangaon plant was created some years back to produce 100,000 '178' platform cars but with FIAT India in doldrums, the plant was lying unused all these years and production continued at Kurla, the old plant bought over from the Doshi family of Padmini fame. In 2007, FIAT shifted production of Palio and Adventure to Ranjangaon and the Kurla plant (rather the land housing the plant) has been sold off at a hefty price.

With the phasing out of Adventure, the plant currently produces Palio Stile only. Yes, the plant will produce Tata cars as well.
Old 5th December 2007, 15:12   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
punto launch was delayed due to i10.
I don't think so. But mebbe you have a logic behind this?

Quote:
maybe in feb the car is out and by march april linea will follow.
Wrong deadlines you are giving them .

Quote:
send a ferrari f1 car to all showroom and people will zoom in.display a big board for the discounts in the front of the f1 car -people see them.2 results to follow-1.they laugh and walk out.2.be serious and search the pocket for a booking. ram
I think this approach would prove very expensive!
Old 5th December 2007, 17:02   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
With the phasing out of Adventure, the plant currently produces Palio Stile only. Yes, the plant will produce Tata cars as well.
Yepp.. The plant is now owned by the Tata-Fiat joint venture. So naturally they will be producing Tata cars as well.

I guess they may get some tax benefits as well in doing so, because Bajaj also shut down their production in Akurdi plant (quite close to Tata's Pimpri plant) and moved production to Chakan (outskirts of Pune).
Old 5th December 2007, 17:30   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Yepp.. The plant is now owned by the Tata-Fiat joint venture.
Which JV doesn't have a name yet. Intriguing, isn't it? Wonder what the letterheads of the JV look like and how they sign their agreements.
Old 5th December 2007, 17:42   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which JV doesn't have a name yet. Intriguing, isn't it? Wonder what the letterheads of the JV look like and how they sign their agreements.
Whats in a name.. If you can tell me the names of all the 100+ promoter holding companies that own Reliance industries on behalf of a certain Mr Ambani, I will tell u the name of the Tata-Fiat JV. ..
Old 5th December 2007, 17:58   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Yepp.. The plant is now owned by the Tata-Fiat joint venture. So naturally they will be producing Tata cars as well.

I guess they may get some tax benefits as well in doing so, because Bajaj also shut down their production in Akurdi plant (quite close to Tata's Pimpri plant) and moved production to Chakan (outskirts of Pune).
As far as I know, there is no TAX concession in any part of Maharashtra for new projects, and certainly not in Chakan. The only benefit at Chakan, where Bajaj plant is located is the Octroi exemption (as it would be outside Municipal Corporation limits). And govt is considering phasing out octroi too.

So I guess, Tata Fiat venture at Rajangaon too won't get any TAX concessions as such.

Also Bajaj's Chakan plant has been operational for last few years. The Akurdi plant has been stopped as the company does not find it viable to manufacture scooters there (yes, they manufactured only scooters at Akurdi. Bikes and scooterettes were mfd at Chakan and Waluj, Aurangabad)

As per my info, Akurdi's production is being/has been shifted to Pant Nagar.

Sorry
Old 6th December 2007, 10:41   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaAT View Post
The only benefit at Chakan, where Bajaj plant is located is the Octroi exemption (as it would be outside Municipal Corporation limits). And govt is considering phasing out octroi too.
OT: Isnt Octroi a form of tax? Yes, Govt is considering it, But there are a lot of things that govt considers but never implements !!
Old 6th December 2007, 11:14   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
If i ask something, dont take it as Anti- FIAT:
Why would I?

Quote:
Are these cars exported? Adventure has been stopped, and Palio sales target is 3k cars per year. Thats why the question on the production capacity.
AFAIK they are not exported. Adventure has been stopped but the plant is capable of producing it. May be they are not producing to full capacity. I just put figures in terms of maximum possible output from the plant and not the current produced figures .
Old 8th December 2007, 19:44   #101
BHPian

Quote:
The Ranjangaon plant was created some years back to produce 100,000 '178' platform cars but with FIAT India in doldrums, the plant was lying unused all these years and production continued at Kurla, the old plant bought over from the Doshi family of Padmini fame. In 2007, FIAT shifted production of Palio and Adventure to Ranjangaon and the Kurla plant (rather the land housing the plant) has been sold off at a hefty price.

It was just the Palio shifted to ranjangaon. No adventure was manufatured in Ranjangaon, infact there was no adventure being manufactured in 2007. Initally theu shifted the palio, and sales figure of Palio balaced the price involved in new manufacturing setup. But for Adventure sales figure were never so high, so comapny decided not to shift the manufacturing of Adventure, and to sell all the adventures available at a heavy discount price.

This was the story which got from quiet a few people, when i was doing survey for my advneture
Old 8th December 2007, 20:40   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
Initally theu shifted the palio, and sales figure of Palio balaced the price involved in new manufacturing setup. But for Adventure sales figure were never so high, so comapny decided not to shift the manufacturing of Adventure, and to sell all the adventures available at a heavy discount price.
Don't think that information is true. I guess moralfibre can answer correctly.

The costs involved in a new manufacturing set-up are huge, and there is no way Palio sales figures (india) could balance that.
Old 8th December 2007, 22:15   #103
BHPian

As i have bought one, i too wanted to know whats the real story behind it, can we know by watching any parts or chassis no of car, as to where it was manufactured.
Old 8th December 2007, 22:20   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats why the question on the production capacity.
I think Fiat are manufacturing Tata cars at their plant. Tata cars do come for paint at Fiat plants. Or maybe they are manufacturing GP's and Linea's.
Old 8th December 2007, 22:36   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
As i have bought one, i too wanted to know whats the real story behind it, can we know by watching any parts or chassis no of car, as to where it was manufactured.
Yup you can determine if a car is manufactured in the Ranjangaon facility. The VIN plate will carry that info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I think Fiat are manufacturing Tata cars at their plant. Tata cars do come for paint at Fiat plants. Or maybe they are manufacturing GP's and Linea's.
Not yet. Fiat isn't manufacturing any Tata car at their plant as yet. Tata was coming to Fiat's Kurla facility for paints but the plant in Kurla is now sold. They aren't manufacturing anything but Palio's in the Ranjangaon facility.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks