Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2007, 09:19   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
Why wouldnt they buy the CRDe Scorpios?

Mahindra has launched this M2Di to enter the Sumo/Spacio market. The higher end Scorpio, I suppose, will still remain in the league.
While some amount of buyers would go in for the top-end version, a large chunk who remain undecided till the last moment would shift houses, and probably go in for the Safari or something. Having the Scorpio as a cab vehicle would kill the snob value associated with the brand.
Old 21st March 2007, 09:20   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A week ago, on the Bangalore - Chennai NH4, I saw a vehicle which looked a lot like the Qualis from the rear but it had a Mahindra badge. Was a test vehicle driven by a pro - the vehicle really flew. Does anyone know what this is?
Could be the new upcoming Mahindra MUV. I saw one off the old Bombay-Pune highway recently.

Quote:
when they already have the Bolero for the people mover category and which is doing god, why pull thescorpio down in the same territory.
If you think the Scorpio is cramped, check out the Bolero...its even more so! Plus the Bolero is not half as comfortable as the Scorpio.
Old 21st March 2007, 19:00   #33
BHPian

Every product thats launched in the market whether it is a car or a mobile phone, goes through the product life cycle from concept to a mature design and Obsolescence. Most products that are launched as lifestyle products during the initial phase will gradually enter the volumes market as the design matures and competition catches up. This is exactly whats happening with the Scorpio. Next few years i am sure M&M will try to milk the scorpio design to the max before their NPI b(new product introduction) phase kicks off. And the story repeats.
Old 21st March 2007, 22:15   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
Why wouldnt they buy the CRDe Scorpios?
Because of the image erosion that would result from down marketing a certain version of the same car.

Personal Buyers especialy in that bracket is very conscious about image their investment will portray and anything that would remotely say "people mover" would certainly be out of the way.
Old 1st May 2007, 22:20   #35
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I visited the Swami Automobiles showroom in Chandigarh today. They have the M2DI variant available .
The details are
Price: 6.40 lacs ex showroom
ac and power steering only.
bolero di engine which develops 70hp at 3200 rpm and 200nm At 1800-2200rpm.
Everything else is the same as scorpio
Did not take a test drive. The engine is noisy and crude but it is peaceful inside once the windows are shut. It would be roughly a lac cheaper on road than the base version Crde. Average claimed is 15.
Old 3rd May 2007, 20:18   #36
Senior - BHPian

Spotted Mahindra Scorpio M2di@ Worli

hey ppl i spotted this one at worli.wat does m2di stand for?it looked like a barebone no frills low cost public carrier. is mahindra doing to the scorpio wat tata did to the sumo(yeah i mean the spacio)? i think thats killing the brand and the aura created by mahindra, that was one of the main causes for the hot cake like sales of the Scorpio. M2DI i think is some sort of direct injection. Couldnt hear the diesel clatter(DI's are the louder diesels) cos my windows were up and we were doing 60. heres the lone pic i managed while driving. i have a video, its not too clear. ill post it if anyone's interested.

Last edited by frankmehta : 3rd May 2007 at 20:27.
Old 3rd May 2007, 20:21   #37
BHPian

M&M also wanted get in to Taxi segment I suppose.
Old 3rd May 2007, 20:22   #38
Senior - BHPian

what cost would this come at? are they trying to make the engine 2.2? and thus a lower cost model ~ 6 lacs+ ? any thoughts?
Old 3rd May 2007, 20:26   #39
Senior - BHPian

looks like a cheaper iteration of the scorpio. PROBABLY this model that i spotted was like a test mule with no frills. there was talk of mahindra having the Eagle range of engines or something..im not too sure of that piece of information..can it be the new range of diesel engines from mahindra for all variants of the scorpio?
Old 3rd May 2007, 20:36   #40
Senior - BHPian

All has been said and done about this at

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rpio-m2di.html

Its just a scorpio with Bolero engine and retails at bare basic prices (no side cladding an all)
Old 3rd May 2007, 20:40   #41
Senior - BHPian

oh k.dint see this thread before posting this one.mod use ur discretion.the pic in this thread is better but more ppl have posted in that thread already.
Old 3rd May 2007, 21:52   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvit2002 View Post
if M&M is trying to get this engine out then i think whatever they have done to make this car a takeaway will wash out . they say in the ads that nothing else will do but bringing out this version of the scorpio will change the statement .......pls M&M i dont want to see the scorpio on taxi stands cmon ppl this is supposed to be an enthusiasts car
"enthusiasts car" its anything but one.... In any case, Scorpio in taxi segment is a joke... as Scorpio has no SPACE... they probably sell just for the image of an SUV... in taxi segment ppl wanna fit around 8 ppl in car, so Scorpio would be the least ideal option.
Old 3rd May 2007, 22:11   #43
Senior - BHPian

hey ppl i spotted this one at worli.it looks like a barebone no frills low cost public carrier. is mahindra doing to the scorpio wat tata did to the sumo(yeah i mean the spacio)? i think thats killing the brand and the aura created by mahindra, that was one of the main causes for the hot cake like sales of the Scorpio. heres the lone pic i managed while driving. i have a video, its not too clear. ill post it if anyone's interested.

Last edited by frankmehta : 3rd May 2007 at 22:12.
Old 4th May 2007, 10:33   #44
Team-BHP Support

Pic? How come i cant see it?
Old 4th May 2007, 10:42   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Pic? How come i cant see it?
Ya .. where is the pic ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks