Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2021, 13:40   #1
Senior - BHPian

BMW offers doctors a free engine oil change

BMW has launched a special offer for doctors who own a BMW, Mini or a BMW Motorrad bike. BMW dealers will offer complimentary engine oil service from June 1, 2021 to September 30, 2021.

BMW offers doctors a free engine oil change-01-image-bmw-group-india-customer-support-doctors.jpg

Doctors registered with the Indian Medical Association, hospitals and clinics owning a BMW or Mini can register themselves to avail the service. Doctors who own a BMW Motorrad bike should contact their nearest BMW Motorrad dealer.

Vehicles with engine oil service due will be eligible to avail the complimentary service. Existing BMW or MINI Service Inclusive package holders can choose between two options - free sanitisation of the vehicle or a complimentary Car Care Package.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 28th May 2021 at 13:42.
TusharK is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 13:55   #2
BHPian

Re: BMW offers doctors a free engine oil change

I feel this is a very sweet gesture by BMW.My neighbours are both doctors and their work has increased by a lot especially during the second wave of Covid-19. I see both of them set out for work at about 7am everyday and returning almost at 10pm. Sometimes they stay in the hospital and come back to their house after 1 whole day!

Doctors are working very hard for our safety and I am sure small privileges like this during this pandemic will inspire them and give them more will and confidence to face this pandemic and work for everybody's goodwill with an unwavering mind.
M A D over CARS is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 14:12   #3
BHPian

Just called two of my friends whose parents are doctors and own bmw's to see how they react to this great news.

Bad luck for the first guy because the car was registered by his mother's name who is not a doctor (His father who drives it is a doctor that too having duty in the covid ward of a big hospital)

Coincidentally, the second guy (whose both parents are doctors) got their BMW serviced just about a month ago
Rambo-RS is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 14:19   #4
BHPian

LOVE IT!

These are the small thoughtful touches that go a long way with the customers. Evidently, BMW has their demographic well figured out because they know a good chunk of their customers are medical professionals. A shoutout to all our BHPians who are in the medical fraternity!

A real classy move by the brand which in my humble opinion shows the 'premiumness' of the company. Such thoughtfulness in their cars and services is exactly the reason why people shell out the big bucks. Not many car companies out there would even shell out a rupee, let alone an engine oil change process.

Out of curiosity, are there any contingencies to this offer that doesn't catch the eye?
AKSarkar1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 17:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSarkar1 View Post
Out of curiosity, are there any contingencies to this offer that doesn't catch the eye?
No no .. this is similar to those so called "free 64 point checkup" camps Hyundai etc keep organising.

They will top up your tyres and give you a free oil change. Then they'll sell you an additive, an engine decarbonising, a body wash + detailing, advise a suspension replacement etc etc so that you come in expecting a free oil change and you go out having swiped your card for a fat amount.
hserus is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 17:49   #6
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 30th May 2021 at 09:00.
AKSarkar1 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th May 2021, 18:10   #7
BHPian

Very happy with BMW for this gesture.
They replaced oil for free on my 1200GS last year. When they did that, I made sure I did a lot of other work on the bike, just so that I don't feel like a freeloader haha! Valve clearance check, filters, brake fluid, shaft drive oil change, etc. I enjoy hanging out at the Motorrad workshop. They let me ask questions, are open to conversations and suggestions etc. They have implemented changes based on my suggestions in the past too.
Will repeat the work this year. Maybe new spark plugs this time.

@AKsarkar1 - Are you speaking from personal experience?
They gave me oil change - zero questions asked. Labor and part cost was covered by them.

Last edited by nitrogary : 28th May 2021 at 18:17.
nitrogary is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 18:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogary View Post
They gave me oil change - zero questions asked. Labor and part cost was covered by them.
This will be a dealer to dealer varying sort of experience I think. You are lucky you got good and proactive staff at the dealer that you frequent.
Old 28th May 2021, 19:31   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogary View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
No no .. this is similar to those so called "free 64 point checkup" camps Hyundai etc keep organising.

They will top up your tyres and give you a free oil change. Then they'll sell you an additive, an engine decarbonising, a body wash + detailing, advise a suspension replacement etc etc so that you come in expecting a free oil change and you go out having swiped your card for a fat amount.
Nope not speaking from personal experience. Made an assumption through Hserus' comment as he suggested it is similar to the "free 64 point check", attached the quote for your reference. Personally, I haven't have a good experience with such free checks because as Hserus rightly suggested they come with a "separate" bill after the freebies.

Awesome if BMW are actually doing the oil changes, such as in your case! Such news might just change me from a Merc loyalist. Hope that clears it up!

Last edited by AKSarkar1 : 28th May 2021 at 19:35.
AKSarkar1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 20:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

This will indeed create a good will for BMW and a good move if you ask me.

Doctors, no doubt have had their cars running as usual or more during these covid times and might not find the time and energy to send their cars to the service centers. This small act will definitely spread word through the medical fraternity and this is where BMW hits the bulls eye. Some may call it pure marketing or taking advantage of a situation, but I say actions like these play a bigger role in building a brand. It is considerate of them to think up of such a plan.
TrackDay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 20:49   #11
BHPian

Whatever be the motive, I would say “thank you”. I don’t see myself owning a BMW in the foreseeable future, but if I owned one I would have appreciated it.
On a similar note, few months back indigo airlines were providing a “Tough cookie discount “ to doctors and nurses. We, as a doctor couple had received something around 20% discount IIRC on our domestic round trip booking by just uploading our medical council registration details. Felt quite special honestly.
Night Raven is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 23:47   #12
BHPian

This offer was there even last year. I got my 530d and my fathers x5 serviced at the Coimbatore dealership last may. They didn't charge for the engine oil. Nice gesture by BMW India.
surgvij is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 15:02   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post

I got free oil change last year which was worth around 9000₹. No questions asked. Even the oil filter was replaced for free. I had to pay for the air filter. There were no other charges at all. I never get tbe car washed at the dealership neither do I get alignment/balancing done there. Unfortunately this year my service is not due till another 10000kms. This is not at all just a free check up. Synthetic oil is entirely free with this offer for doctors.

Last edited by robimahanta : 29th May 2021 at 15:04.
robimahanta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 20:04   #14
snr
BHPian

That's such a wonderful gesture, as long as there are no hidden charges. But then again, come to think of it, how many doctors with BMWs have the bandwidth, plan for service coincide with their offer?

But feels nice to see such initiatives being taken by conglomerates for those on the frontline.
Old 30th May 2021, 00:36   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
BMW dealers will offer complimentary engine oil service from June 1, 2021 to September 30, 2021.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo-RS View Post
Bad luck for the first guy because the car was registered by his mother's name who is not a doctor (His father who drives it is a doctor that too having duty in the covid ward of a big hospital)
Coincidentally, the second guy (whose both parents are doctors) got their BMW serviced just about a month ago
Given that not many BMW-owning doctors are driving their cars a lot, and many have their cars registered in their spouse's name, it would have been a better tribute if
1) BMW had offered doctor-owners OR spouses of doctors owning a BMW such a freebie; and
2) issued them a voucher with a long validity (say, 2 years) which can be exchanged for a free engine oil change, rather than limiting the time period to 30 September 2021.

This way, with the time-limited offer, it seems BMW will stop being grateful to doctors in a few months' time!
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed